+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales of Zestiria     submit to reddit submit to twitter

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    I don't see why devs have to abandon ship on the ps3 immediately now that 4 is out.
    PS2 games were made well into the PS3 life cycle; I played a decent portion of my PS2 game collection on the PS3, so unless releases can also be downloaded on the PS4, it's likely to be the same deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    I think after Xillia they mentioned wanting to release all if not most Tales worldwide. One can hope.
    Just add JP voice option, into that equation and you'll make a lot of people happy; doesn't need to be 5 years later and an HD re-release, of two games, to make it happen....

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Long hair, don't care.

Anyway, looks like we're back to having protags that actually look like they can fight. I miss having dudes in armor like Cless/Cress.
    I was going to post something along these lines.

I'm cool with Yuri, because he is a boss, but I'm tired of all of these dime store pretty boy protagonists. The last few Tales games have basically been toeing the JRPG stereotype as hard as possible, almost as if they felt like the characters of Abyss and Vesperia were mistakes, not inspired. It wasn't even as if the characters in those games didn't look good—they just didn't look and act like every fucking Japanese anime stereotype there is.

Of course, this one also has the boring, everyday Japanese boy haircut, so I'm still not thrilled, but whatever, I guess.

Not sure I'd say main guy is wearing armor. The white seems more like a mantle/tabard-type affair with him just wearing a long-sleeved blue shirt beneath. Got the feeling the girl they showed was actually wearing more armor in comparison.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

No one said he's wearing armor, I miss those characters... but he DOES look like he can fight.
    His appearance reinforces the fact that he is a trained fighter (and that's the important part.)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Not sure I'd say main guy is wearing armor. The white seems more like a mantle/tabard-type affair with him just wearing a long-sleeved blue shirt beneath. Got the feeling the girl they showed was actually wearing more armor in comparison.
    It's definitely not armor.

http://images.sankakucomplex.com/wp-...3/12/toz-3.jpg

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Tales of Graces lead planner involved in Tales of Zestiria
    Tatsurou Udou is involved in the development of Tales of Zestiria, Tales series producer Hideo Baba confirmed to a fan during a Tales of Xillia 2 Scenario Book signing in Japan yesterday.

Udou, better known as Udotchi, worked as a battle programmer on Tales of Eternia, Tales of Destiny 2, Tales of Rebirth, and Tales of Destiny (PS2 version), was the lead planner and battle effects programmer on Tales of Graces, and participated as game design support on Tales of Xillia 2.

When Tales of Zestiria‘s teaser site was still a countdown site to next Tales game, code found in the page suggested it had something to do with Tales of Vesperia. Baba said this was “a big mistake” and that he was “very angry” about it.
    http://gematsu.com/2013/12/tales-gra...tales-zestiria
    http://taletalesource.blog69.fc2.com...ntry-3150.html

Slay and Alicia details
    Jump this week offers first details on Tales of Zestiria characters Slay and Alicia.

Slay is described as a boy with a kind heart who is always thinking positive. He can be a little too sweet at times. He’s interested in the ancient ruins all throughout the world. His weapon of choice is a ceremonial sword.

Alicia is a princess who, as just another knight, speaks in a formal and manly way. Unable to ignore disasters and wars, she sets out on a journey. She wields a long spear in battle.
    http://gematsu.com/2013/12/jump-reve...racter-details

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Slay is described as a boy with a kind heart who is always thinking positive. He can be a little too sweet at times.
    So Asbel/Jude part three? How exciting.

AFK, falling asleep.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I hope he slay[s] those emotions

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    So Asbel/Jude part three? How exciting.

AFK, falling asleep.
    My thoughts exactly

Graces/Xillia are the only two Tales of games I've played so far, so the idea of another Asbel/Jude saddens me.

Going to start up Vesperia today, I hear the lead character isn't a gigantic pussy so I'm excited.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Yuri is easily the coolest JRPG protag that ever did it.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

And if you ever get the chance then check out the movie Tales of Vesperia: First Strike. Not -that- great but it's alright.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    def better than yaoi

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    def better than yaoi

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Mikurio revealed
    Jump this week reveals a new character set to appear in Tales of Zestiria.

Mikurio, voiced by Osaka Ryota and designed by Mutsumi Inomata, is main character Slay’s rival and close friend. He is 165 centimeters tall and uses a rod in battle. He’s from the Family of Heaven, and part of his role is to calmly point out Slay’s erratic behavior. His Heaven Echo techniques take on the water attribute.

Since he’s from the Family of Heaven, Mikurio can be seen by Slay, but normal humans can’t see him. His quote in the magazine reads: “Slay is that kind of guy. Even as his childhood friend, it’s nerve-wracking to watch him.”

The Family of Heaven are pure beings that act like a material vessel, and can naturally manipulate the sounds of heaven. They’re supposed to be almost immortal and never aging. Is Mikurio like that, too?
    http://gematsu.com/2014/02/tales-zes...racter-mikurio

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    All of the world's truth lays in this sentence.

Maybe I should finally cycle into a new Yuri avatar again. It's been a while since I put this one up.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Famitsu has gone up with its latest online preview of Tales of Zestiria, providing us a look at the newly revealed Mikurio, main character Slay’s childhood friend.

Slay is human and Mikurio is of the Family of Heaven (or Tenzoku—we’re without an official translation here), but both were raised together from infancy. They understand they’re of different races, but have never took much notice because of Slay’s high spiritual power to always see Mikurio.

Normal humans can’t see those of the Family of Heaven. In fact, with the exception of Slay, Alicia is the first human Mikuro is faced towards.

Slay is freehearted, while Mikurio is the calmly considerate type. They’re a good match because their relationship is complementary. The pair often argue over Slay’s archaeological interpretations.

The Family of Heaven is a mysterious tribe discussed as an object of faith. They exist as pure beings that dwell within material “vessels,” and can manipulate nature through “Heaven Echo Artes” (Tenkyou Jutsu).

Only people with a strong spiritual power have the ability to see and interact with the Family of Heaven, therefore they signed a contract to become their vessels. These people are called “Monks” (Doshi). These Monks could use the power from the Family of Heaven freely, but their existence, along with the people from the Family of Heaven who could hand down this knowledge, has been long lost.
    • CV: Osaka Ryota
    • Height: 165cm
    • Weapon: Rod

A rival and close friend of Slay’s from the Family of Heaven. Since their infancy, the two were raised together in Izuchi. As Mikurio and Slay would play inside the ruins, Mikurio himself also took interest in them. He plays a role in calmly pointing out Slay’s erratic behavior, and often argues with Slay about his archaeological interpretations. He can use Heaven Echo Artes, which take on the water attribute. Given that Slay has the spiritual power required to see members of the Family of Heaven, he is able to see Mikurio. Alicia, however, cannot. Members of this divine family have been given a near-ageless lifespan.
    http://gematsu.com/2014/02/first-loo...tales-zestiria
    http://www.famitsu.com/news/201402/20048445.html

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://gematsu.com/2014/04/tales-zes...second-trailer

The trailer opens with the narrator describing man as powerless, and that when times are at a loss, the people pray for the appearance of the “doshi.” Tales of Zestiria tells the “tale of the doshi” in the “age of calamity.”

Slay dreams of discovering a way for humans and the Family of Heaven to live together in peace—a dream of seeing the legendary age. And he believes that dream he is chasing is connected to him becoming a doshi. So he becomes one. And in doing so, he gives up his body as a vessel to Lailah, carrying the burden of fate on his shoulder.

Outside of the video, Bandai Namco also announced the game’s battle system is called the Fusionic Chain Linear Motion Battle System (Fusionic Chain-LMBS).

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

There's also other characters that have been revealed. I wish I were a 6souls or Insanecyclone type person or I woulda posted the info ages ago.
    Instead of doing that I will just link this page. http://gematsu.com/tag/tales-of-zestiria

Laila is gonna be my chick, I can tell that right now <3