1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 17 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 17 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: CT preview     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Just to clarify, CT gear is supposed to bridge the gap between Darklight and Coil correct?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Just to clarify, CT gear is supposed to bridge the gap between Darklight and Coil correct?
    it's ilevel80, yes

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

That, and provide decent vanity slot alternatives for select slots.

BG Level

Good. Now here's to hoping the lockouts aren't a load of BS for dealing with randumbs.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I'd honestly expect this anyway with the whole "you must fight with random bads" setup. I know that personally, many in my BC groups won't be repeating content for a long time.
    Just wait till you need to wait 25min at the final boss cuz 1 group is bad and falling behind

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Good. Now here's to hoping the lockouts aren't a load of BS for dealing with randumbs.
    Provided you bring your own crew in, you won't have to worry about that with your own 8-man treasure chest.

BG Level

Yeah, I'm still FCless. Haven't seen much life in terms of FCs on Hyperion.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Item lockout is stupid. What is this supposed to be one drop per group of 8 per week/day? Or one loot per person period? It's gonna make ppl not roll on stuff if they don't 100% want it.. that and it destroys any possibility of farming CT and gearing up alts... since your not gonna be gearing up an alt on a 1 item per week basis.. Even a 1 item per day basis is stupid when you factor in RNG and how rare it can be for some ppl to see certain drops.

They need to re-think they RMT appoach because it only hurts the game... that, and I don't see why they think RMT will be doing CT.

The only reason the item lockout worked in WoW LFR was because it was one item per boss.. and there were 6-7 bosses per raid

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I'm not sure why you think this has anything to do with RMT. To me, it just reeks of artificial content longevity, just like the Coil lockouts.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Yeah, I'm still FCless. Haven't seen much life in terms of FCs on Hyperion.
    Assuming the lockout is indeed based on loot and not locking you out entirely (cough COIL WHY ARE YOU NOT THIS cough), I'm sure people in the linkshell would be good with helping each other out.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Assuming the lockout is indeed based on loot and not locking you out entirely (cough COIL WHY ARE YOU NOT THIS cough), I'm sure people in the linkshell would be good with helping each other out.
    People on lolof don't want the coil lockout out, because Elitist could sell T1-5 drops

/ LE SIGH

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    We'll see. I'm hoping we get some clarity soon, but I still should try to hunt down a FC. Except this time not rely on OF and get stuck with a white knight/coward of a leader.

Tower is pretty kickass, but I kind of wonder how they'll implement "FF3 strategies" into this like Yoshida said. Since I don't really remember the tower being all that bad unless you got attacked by a dragon. Even then it was mostly just spamming attack/heal

BG Level

Next live letter is the 14 of December so

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I'm not sure why you think this has anything to do with RMT. To me, it just reeks of artificial content longevity, just like the Coil lockouts.
    ^ This. RMT have nothing to do with end-game content. This is all about inflating the longevity of end-game content. They've already proven that they can't adhere to a schedule, and slowing down the progression of end-game gearing to a slow drip is a way to cover for that.

Edit: Cor, you should have came to Gilgamesh. I made my FC from scratch and its grown from 3 initial members to 40+ with 4 coil groups.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm not sure where this lockout information is coming from. I checked the past week or so of Dev Tracker stuff and there's nothing there in JP about an item lockout, and the official JP post on the finalfantasyxiv.com website about Crystal Tower doesn't really say anything different from the first post in this thread.

Average IL requirement is 50 btw, if anyone cared (missing from OP).

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

When forming a party, players must first meet the class requirements of the Duty Finder before registering (two tanks, four DPS, two healers).
    So even with a premade you won't be seeing weird shit like 8 SMNs I guess. Probably so one group doesn't troll the others but kind of disappointing.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    I'm not sure where this lockout information is coming from. I checked the past week or so of Dev Tracker stuff and there's nothing there in JP about an item lockout, and the official JP post on the finalfantasyxiv.com website about Crystal Tower doesn't really say anything different from the first post in this thread.
    It comes from the recent live letter translation.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...13#post1619213
    Progress will not be recorded. However, we'll be updating the Crystal Tower every other patch just like the Binding Coil of Bahamut, and you'll need to clear the Labyrinth of the Ancients that is to be implemented in patch 2.1 in order to take on the next phase in patch 2.3. The areas we implement in patch 2.1 will not have mid-way progress points, so you'll be able to challenge this dungeon without restriction. However, there is a limitation when it comes to receiving gear drops, and once you cast lots and obtain an item, your rights to lot gear will be lost. Once the timer for lotting resets you'll be able to lot on drops again.
    Any detailed numbers for how long the loot timer is, are either conjecture, or untranslated JP stuff.

I like how it says "cast lots and obtain an item", making me think the whole everyone pass to auto-drop loot into a specific person's inventory should work.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Any detailed numbers for how long the loot timer is, are either conjecture, or untranslated JP stuff.
    Yeah, I was referring to the earlier conversation that it was a week or a day based on some JP information, but I can't find any JP source. Sounds more like speculation than dev info, though, especially with no dev post about it.

If the restriction really is tied to casting lots and not just obtaining the item, then I imagine it's more to prevent one person from lootwhoring in pick-up or DF-formed parties, rather than restricting the amount of gear each person can get per X amount of playtime (like the coil restriction). Definitely sounds like that based on the wording since they're talking about a timer for lotting, not a timer to receive items.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Edit: Cor, you should have came to Gilgamesh. I made my FC from scratch and its grown from 3 initial members to 40+ with 4 coil groups.
    Sadly you're a non-legacy server and when I created my character all I could really find for servers that weren't Japanese was Ragnarok. So I kind of shot myself in the foot with that decision.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Sadly you're a non-legacy server and when I created my character all I could really find for servers that weren't Japanese was Ragnarok. So I kind of shot myself in the foot with that decision.
    Yeah, how's all that non-legacy peasant shit treating you now, big man?! Huh?! <3