1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 51 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 6 hours, 51 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: CT preview     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Where are people getting these info again? did they do liveletter already?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Slycer is translating the source like right as we speak. It's from Famitsu.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Mashing F5 fo reals.

Tell me when I can stop, Slycer.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Mashing F5 fo reals.

Tell me when I can stop, Slycer.
    What I have there so far at this instant (up through beastmen dailies) is literally like... not even 25% of it, lol.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Sometimes I wonder how much time they're wasting with the PS3 release, if their content workflow is this god-awful slow that they require themselves these lock-outs to artificially prevent the majority from being fully decked out before the next content update.
    Considering that Japan is anchored (for better or for worse) to their obsession with the console market (lets not even go into the mobile market), SE probably feels that the revenue stream wouldn't be good enough without tethering their MMOs to consoles in an attempt to reach a vastly larger (JAPANESE) audience. Clearly, WoW is hurting for only being available on PC.

You're going to see PS4 limitations 5 years down the road as well. Hopefully I'll be done with this genre by then so I can stop tethering myself to companies that hamstring development due to forcing themselves to work on inferior platforms.

But yeah, White Knights, go ahead and have a ball putting your lovely spin on this one. I'm waiting for Septimus, especially.

And here I thought 2.1 would make us play more.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You're going to see PS4 limitations 5 years down the road as well. Hopefully I'll be done with this genre by then so I can stop tethering myself to companies that hamstring development due to forcing themselves to work on inferior platforms.
    The PS4 is actually extremely similar to a standard gaming computer, especially from an architectural standpoint. I can't think of many things that I'd be able to say "lol ps4 limitations" for. Possibly multi-monitor support or something? "lol PS3 limitations" are definitely possible though, if they continue to cater to the lowest common denominator after the game is out for the PS4.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Looks like PvP will either be the last nail in the coffin or the one saving grace of an otherwise backwards logic F2P-gated P2P game.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    And here I thought 2.1 would make us play more.
    Haven't you heard? Anything that makes sense is a bad idea and exploitable.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Yoshida: Yes, we have a lot of plans for the future of the new FFXIV and we will do everything we can to see it survive as a MMO.
    - Primal Extreme mode loot and Crystal Tower loot will have a 1 week lockout. You have to beat all three EM Primals to loot one item.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    -snip-
    I'm tempted to use that as my sig on the OF just to piss people off.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Still going through the translation, hoping there's some clarity about the restrictions on loot. I'll definitely let you know when I get there (been updating my post repeatedly as I go through the translation).'

FYI, I have no idea what this "front line" thing is for PvP. Sounds like another mode, idk. Just translating it as it was written.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Frontlines are another type of PVP where you take over bases and stuff (they first brought them up in an interview a year ago).

Thanks for the translations Slycer!

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    Frontlines are another type of PVP where you take over bases and stuff (they first brought them up in an interview a year ago).

Thanks for the translations Slycer!
    Adding to this they also said this would be the WvW PVP scenario. Here's to hoping that's still their goal with Frontlines.

Edit: I'm also interested in this "Hybrid" job role Yoshida mentioned in Slycer's notes. Are only new jobs going to fit this role or will they go back and change previous jobs (looking at you WAR) into the Hybrid role as well?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    The PS4 is actually extremely similar to a standard gaming computer, especially from an architectural standpoint. I can't think of many things that I'd be able to say "lol ps4 limitations" for. Possibly multi-monitor support or something? "lol PS3 limitations" are definitely possible though, if they continue to cater to the lowest common denominator after the game is out for the PS4.
    I said 5 years down the road. The PS3 was extremely similar to a standard gaming PC... back in 2005.

PCs never stop upgrading, and developers can have that in mind when developing games for them. Consoles are dying from the second they settle on the final specs of the engine. Developers have THAT in mind when designing games for them.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I have enough of the interview translated that I'm moving it to a separate thread now, I'll keep translating and adding to the original post there.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/119...11#post5972311

I was really hoping FFXIV was gonna be the one but I just don't know anymore.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Japan just seem to stop tripping over their Japanese-ness. Its the same with TERA/AION being unable to stop being so goddamn Korean and grindy and focus on only the badass parts, like TERA's sweet combat. The crafting, the questing... everything else was just a sterotypical Korean grinder.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I said 5 years down the road. The PS3 was extremely similar to a standard gaming PC... back in 2005.

PCs never stop upgrading, and developers can have that in mind when developing games for them. Consoles are dying from the second they settle on the final specs of the engine. Developers have THAT in mind when designing games for them.
    Eehhhh, not quite what I was trying to convey. The PS3 has a completely different architectural design than you see in computers; the PS2 even more so. Stuff gets more powerful and powerful and time goes on, yes. But big architectural design differences are usually what holds stuff back the most. For example take single core CPUs versus multi core CPUs. If you have to cater to the single core CPU you can't really take advantage of multiple threads and are thus held back. The PS4 is so architecturally similar to a gaming computer that it will scale rather nicely. There will still of course be some things it might potentially limit, but I don't think any of them will be worthy of "lol ps4 limitations" in the same vein that "lol ps2 limitations" was with XI.

The cpu example isn't the best example, nor is it entirely correct since I didn't want to get into detail with it, but hopefully it was good enough to convey what I meant.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Unless MMOs start targeting average PC hardware for whatever reason besides visuals, PS4 should never see 'ps4limitations' with its hardware, since it's all just visual tweaks from there, and sane use of memory managing, since they have somewhere around 5gb shared whichever way between CPU/GPU on the PS4.

And I don't see that happening any year soon unless someone bothers breaking the WoW-mold, since a bunch of characters running around on static geometry will never need anything demanding CPU-wise, unless you're being wasteful with resources.
    Spoiler: show
    There's EQ Next, but I'm holding my reservations about that until we see some beta footage with their voxel-environment ideas in action to see the extent/limits of that engine