1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 48 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 3 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 6 hours, 48 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: CT preview     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

CT preview

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...3134e809eb66ea

12/03/2013 12:00 PM
    Crystal Tower Preview (12/03/2013)
    http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/61e...e809eb66ea.png

Today's patch 2.1 preview will feature the long-awaited Crystal Tower from FINAL FANTASY III! Enter with up to 24 players and do battle with the dark forces that have awoken within
    Crystal Tower
    Ancient scriptures speak of a resplendent tower forged of crystal. Reaching to the heavens, this massive monolith is said to have been erected by the Allagans at the height of their prosperity. Long thought to be a legend from centuries past, the fabled Crystal Tower has been freed from Hydaelyn's embrace, unearthed in the wake of the Calamity.
    The Allagans' surpassing command of magic and technology fostered a civilization unlike any to precede or follow. What then, could be the purpose of this crystalline construct, and what forgotten relics now stir within its walls?
    http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/61e...09eb66ea_0.png
    http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/61e...09eb66ea_1.png

Class Level Requirement Level 50 Disciple of War or Magic
    Item Level Requirements Average item level ○○ or above
    Party Size 24 players (three eight-player parties)
    Time Limit 120 minutes
    Quest Name Labyrinth of the Ancients
    Quest Requirements Players must first complete the quest "A Performance for the Ages."
    * Starting with patch 2.1, players can view the average item level of their equipment via the Character interface.

Entering the Crystal Tower

Players can access the Crystal Tower via the Duty Finder either solo or in a party of up to eight players. When forming a party, players must first meet the class requirements of the Duty Finder before registering (two tanks, four DPS, two healers). Once registered, players will be matched with a group of 24 players to enter the Crystal Tower.

Viewing the Party List

Upon entering the Crystal Tower players will be able to review the class and HP of all alliance members.

http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/61e...09eb66ea_2.png
    * Player names are displayed by selecting a member from the list, or hovering the mouse over them.

* Development screenshot—subject to change.

The position of the alliance list can be changed via the HUD Layout interface.

Rewards

Overcome the dangers of this Allagan monument and find yourself handsomely rewarded!

http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/61e...09eb66ea_3.png

* Each party in an alliance will receive a treasure box, the contents of which are restricted to their party.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

People on OF claiming that due to some JP question that people seems to be locked at 1 drop per week or per day inthe CT

Still waiting for official translation tho

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I highly doubt the lockout on drops will be one week (like the Coil lockout). 1 day seems more realistic.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

DAT MNK (the black+red styled one, I presume is MNK) ARMOR!

I presume the galka is wearing DRG armor, I can't think of anything to attach it to.

AND PLD!!!

I wan't!

Might not spend anything on Valor now and beeline for DRG relic... hmmmmm decisions

BG Level

Yeah from left to right is

Casting Aiming Maiming Stricking Healing Fending

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Here's to hoping there's no split-up sections where one party can completely fuck up the entire run for the other two groups.

Not looking like a console-friendly interface for the alliance members at any rate in terms of quick selecting.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

That gear is looking quite good. Still stupid they didn't add vanity slots this patch, but whatever, haven't even done Coil yet.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Here's to hoping there's no split-up sections where one party can completely fuck up the entire run for the other two groups.

Not looking like a console-friendly interface for the alliance members at any rate in terms of quick selecting.

Irrc they said that at some point each Party will have to split up to do their part, and that they might gather for a gian boss

So yes it will happen but maybe not in first update

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Not really a fan of the head for the tanking set. Other than that it looks pretty cool.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Not really a fan of the head for the tanking set. Other than that it looks pretty cool.
    Don't have much choice, Warrior of Light helm is a collector edition bonus lol

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Don't have much choice, Warrior of Light helm is a collector edition bonus lol
    Exactly. Fuck you, SE D:

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hopefully they'll let us throw our own alliances in by that time. I want to see crazy shit happen like same-job alliance runs from FCs who want to toy around outside of the DF queue. Being stuck with the 2-tank, 2-healer, 4-DPS system via DF gets old, and is redundant on some fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Exactly. Fuck you, SE D:
    Better than both mage sets just being Battlemage reskins.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Hopefully they'll let us throw our own alliances in by that time. I want to see crazy shit happen like same-job alliance runs from FCs who want to toy around outside of the DF queue. Being stuck with the 2-tank, 2-healer, 4-DPS system via DF gets old, and is redundant on some fights.

Better than both mage sets just being Battlemage reskins.
    That will happen if SE lets strange groups setups group up

Exemple in Titan you cannot DF 7 people with like 3 tanks

so gonna see how SE fixes this

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Irrc they said that at some point each Party will have to split up to do their part, and that they might gather for a gian boss

There's actually a boss fight in this update that will require the alliance to split up. Healers can heal the other groups but each party will have to do its own thing. Judging from the preview in the letter it has something to do with some colored circles on the ground (the boss could be Amon with his elemental resistance gimmick).

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

I REALLY hope the item lockout is not something absurd. One item per hour or something... sure. But if it's 24 hours or more.... Orz.

Yeah, item lockout worries me. I can understand it to curb lootwhoring, but it reminds me of XI and how SE liked to fuck legit players just to stick it to RMT.

BG Level

I really hope there aren't any lockouts. I'd like to have something to do in the game other than cap my mythos then call it a week.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    I REALLY hope the item lockout is not something absurd. One item per hour or something... sure. But if it's 24 hours or more.... Orz.
    one item per hour? do you expect to clear it in 15 minutes like WP?

they'll probably sync it up with those other daily timers for leves or whatever that i pay absolutely no attention to.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Probably 40-50min ish if you aren't wiping constantly or nonstop afk etc. Also hoping if there is an actual loot lockout, that it isn't long. If it is long, expect to see people drop soon as they get something.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Probably 40-50min ish if you aren't wiping constantly or nonstop afk etc. Also hoping if there is an actual loot lockout, that it isn't long. If it is long, expect to see people drop soon as they get something.
    I'd honestly expect this anyway with the whole "you must fight with random bads" setup. I know that personally, many in my BC groups won't be repeating content for a long time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast