The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Bummer. BD's soundtrack was a real highlight of the experience for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Evane View Post
    Whats up with the double eyebrows? Just noticed them now and can't unsee
    Looks like a bad case of overshadowing the eye sockets above the eyes.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Just now noticed this thread; REVO's getting replaced? Boo

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Just spare me the groundhog day mess again and I'll be happy. Default kinda fell apart at that point.

REVO not coming back for Bravely Second is a pretty big hit but I expected remixes of Defaults tracks anyway. Hopefully the new guys can churn out music near or at the same quality.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

With you on the Groundhog Day stuff.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Same, I didn't finish the game because of that. Was really fun up to that point though.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Killed it for me too, i just lost interest. In the end, i feel like i had a more enjoyable experience from the demo than I did the game.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Once I got to ch. 6 I said fuck it. put it on easy, maxed out all the jobs and levels then rushed through the bosses just so I could finish the story.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My god, you guys don't know who Ryo is?

Oh man... sorry, but I have to nerd out about him. The dude is an AMAZING composer and his works are absolutely incredible. If anything, I am even MORE excited about Bravely Second because he's doing the music.

I'm going to share some of my favorite Supercell tracks in hopes that you guys can hear how amazing he is as a composer.

Spoiler: show

And my absolute favorite:

Have no fears. Ryo is an amazing composer and he can write for just about any genre. His music will live up to the high standard REVO established.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

SE explains why those choose Ryo to be the composer
    As previously reported, the change in composers happened due to scheduling issues, although it sounds like the development team turned this to their advantage.

“Similar to the way we decided to use Revo in the previous game, we decided that we wanted someone who can make music with melodies that stand out,” explains Asano.

He continues, “BGMs in recent games are matched with realistic graphics, and they have a sense of realism to go with them. I consider myself more of an old-school gamer, though, so I prefer BGMs that you can hum out, kind of like the ones back in the day. With that in mind, we decided to ask ryo for help.”

Famitsu asks ryo to share his thoughts upon receiving the request to compose Bravely Second’s music.

“I often get requests for vocal-related things, but when I heard that it was for game music, honestly, I thought, ‘Why me?’” responds ryo with a laugh. However, ryo says, it’s a genre he’s wanted to work on more, since he already handles one or two anime or drama BGMs every year.

Next, Famitsu ask ryo if he knew anything about the first game, Bravely Default.

“Actually, I bought the game on its release date, and played it. I even beat it,” ryo replies.

Asano adds, “When I first met him, he told me ‘I beat it’ and to top it off, he even maxed out at level 99. I was surprised!”

Since he’s already a fan of the series, Famitsu asks if that means ryo will be able to capture the mood of Bravely Second with ease.

“That’s right. I’ll be making the music while thinking about how I’d like it as a player,” says ryo. “For example, when you sleep at an inn and the music goes along with the screen getting darker, I’d like to make that part twice as short.”

He continues, “I don’t think of music as work, but when I do, it never feels like work. I do indeed get a list of music that they want, but in the end, it’s all so fun that I make songs that aren’t even on the list, and hand them over. If they don’t like it, it’s okay if they don’t use it. That’s basically how I’m making the music.”
    http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/31...onds-composer/

Caps

There will be new jobs
    Tomoya Asano reminds fans that the game will still be a Bravely game, and that it will also have plenty of surprises to look forward to.

When asked about the current development status of Bravely Second, Asano says that the game is currently in a state where it can be played from its opening to the ending, and the next step is to decide on how much time they’ll spend polishing the game, as he would like to make it as good as it can be.

According to Asano, the concept behind the making of Bravely Second focused on it being a sequel. He explains that a majority of people who played Bravely Default were fans of fantasy RPGs and met pleasant surprises in the first game. For this reason, he says that fans looking forward to Bravely Second can expect plenty of surprises as well.

Famitsu exclaims that we were recently treated to a look at Agnes, who has been inaugurated as a pope.

“Yes, you may have noticed by looking at the illustration, but this time, the adventure will be centered around saving Agnes, who gets taken away,” says Asano. He adds that the idea is to bring out a feeling of saving a princess.

Moving along, we’ve seen Manolia sporting the looks of four Jobs that were in the previous game. Famitsu asks if a lot of the Jobs we saw in Bravely Default will return in Bravely Second. To this, Asano replies that the game will have both new and returning jobs, and the designs for the latter have been refined over the previous game.

Regarding the refined designs, Famitsu asks if that means that the Asterisk Holders [the characters from whom you obtained the job classes] will be different this time around.

“No, the Asterisk Holders who appeared in the first game won’t be changing,” says Asano. “Please look forward to seeing what they’ll be up to in the world of Bravely Second.”

Finally, Famitsu asks if we’ll be seeing follow-up reports on a more regular basis from this point on.

“I’d really like to do that,” Asano replies. “I’d also like to release a demo for the game, so look forward to that, as well. For those who haven’t played the first game, there’s a demo that lets you play up to the first four chapters, so please go ahead and give that a try!”
    http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/01...any-surprises/

DLC code to be included with Magnolia Arch statue

The Bravely Second Magnolia figure stands at 240mm (9.45 inches) tall, a width of 225mm (8.86 inches,) and a depth of 145mm (5.7 inches). The figure was made with the idea of a “rabbit” in mind.

Additionally, Dengeki reports that the figure will also go on sale as part of a campaign with a DLC code for Bravely Second which will be included with the figure. There aren’t any details as far as what the DLC code is about, but this will be revealed in the near future.

The Magnolia 1/8 scale figure will be available in March 2015, for 10,800 yen (about $105.69) plus tax.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/05...dlc-code-game/
    http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/897/897740/

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I hate you Evane.. I hate you so much..

Beyond that, the same Asterisk holders? Which world does this take place in? The first, no?

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Those who missed the live:

Not a lot of gameplay here. Tried to mark points of interest. And I'm not about to translate a lot of the chatter they have going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIfz4nsGmlQ
    8:43 Bravely Default: For the Sequel advert
    10:34 Bravely Second trailer
    11:48 live event starts
    26:00 walking around <<gameplay>>
    27:42 Job Change <<gameplay>>
    30:33 end job change <<gameplay>>
    34:00 Plush. Give it to me.
    39:30 Sexy. Shehxy.
    43:10 Showing off their shirts.
    1:02:56 More walking around <<gameplay>>
    1:04:04 End walking around <<gameplay>>
    1:05:43 Showing off the figurine.

Looks like they took the video down.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Hahaha... looks like they took the video down.

There is this video. And it just hit me... the SaGa Frontier 2 vibes. I don't know why.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Gameplay

Today's livesteam, footage begins at 7:50

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Changed the time stamps around to match what 6souls has here above.
    EDIT: UGHHHH THE TIME STAMPS ARE SO WONKY, WHAT DID THEY DO TO THEIR VIDEO!!! They must be editing it or something. I apologize for the false times. This should be correct as of 11:16AM right now central time.

0:17 Bravely Default: For the Sequel advert
    1:58 Bravely Second trailer
    3:12 live event starts
    ??? Walking around <<gameplay>> In a separate video (6souls has marked "Gameplay")
    10:54~11:17 Job Change <<gameplay>> (way more jobs in the other video marked "Gameplay")
    15:53 Plush. Give it to me.
    19:15 Sexy. Shehxy.
    32:40 Showing off their shirts.
    52:33~53:10 More walking around <<gameplay>>
    55:20 Showing off the figurine.

I keep trying to count the pegs but are there 30 pegs for jobs on the wheel?

30. Found a way to not lose my place.

if they use the same jobs as the previous game that means 3 new jobs minimum.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    Changed the time stamps around to match what 6souls has here above.
    EDIT: UGHHHH THE TIME STAMPS ARE SO WONKY, WHAT DID THEY DO TO THEIR VIDEO!!! They must be editing it or something. I apologize for the false times. This should be correct as of 11:16AM right now central time.

0:17 Bravely Default: For the Sequel advert
    1:58 Bravely Second trailer
    3:12 live event starts
    ??? Walking around <<gameplay>> In a separate video (6souls has marked "Gameplay")
    10:54~11:17 Job Change <<gameplay>> (way more jobs in the other video marked "Gameplay")
    15:53 Plush. Give it to me.
    19:15 Sexy. Shehxy.
    32:40 Showing off their shirts.
    52:33~53:10 More walking around <<gameplay>>
    55:20 Showing off the figurine.

I keep trying to count the pegs but are there 30 pegs for jobs on the wheel?

30. Found a way to not lose my place.

if they use the same jobs as the previous game that means 3 new jobs minimum.
    expecting geomancer, beastmaster and Dancer!

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

You think they would add Dancer when there's that Performer class already? :X

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Performer?

Obligatory:

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    You think they would add Dancer when there's that Performer class already? :X
    Performer feels to me more like "Bard"!