1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 40 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 22 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 11 hours, 40 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

I hope they don't have the foresight so they can learn the hard way what a big mistake they're making.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post
    The CT loot system is basically Zero-Sum DKP with a weekly reset. Better make sure you really want an item before you roll need, and you better think about who you're rolling against. I see a lot of negotiations and drama happening in the form of behind the scene tells. "I am only going to roll on X item this week, so please don't roll on it, you can get A or B or C items and I won't roll on those." And then "haha, I rolled against you and won even though I said I wouldn't!" I guess the fact that you can run it as many times as you want though will ameliorate those types of situations at least.

Also, what is going to discourage players from dropping out after they win an item? "I got mine, bye!" You know someone is going to do it.
    Good thing Spooky don't work at Squeenix or he might pull the servers in a fit of hilarious madness over all this CT collusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    That's what he's describing in this patch.
    A bit late regarding the camera thing but what was being described just sounded like they would allow the camera to not get caught on as many things as it currently does, not that the camera would bounce back to the set placement.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    Dumb question but is there any way to confirm the armory bonus? I thought it was supposed to kick in whenever you hit your first 50 but between food/rested/dLevel I can't really tell if I'm getting it or not. I haven't hit 50 on a job since ARR launched but I would presume having three 50s in 1.0 entitles me to it.
    The armoury bonus applies to all jobs below your highest level job, you don't need to have a job at 50 to get it.

ie. If your highest job is PLD 35, all other jobs will get the +50% until they're 35 as well.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    The armoury bonus applies to all jobs below your highest level job, you don't need to have a job at 50 to get it.

ie. If your highest job is PLD 35, all other jobs will get the +50% until they're 35 as well.
    I think this was just the case in Beta Phase 3? Pretty sure I was leveling some other classes before hitting 50 on my main and I was not getting the bonus. Been a while since I hit 50 though, can't remember for sure.

edit: Guess I'm wrong, see posts about it in October saying it does work that way.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

It only applies to battle classes tho afaik

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

It'll even apply up until you pass whatever amount of exp that your highest job is at. So if you were say, half of the way through PLD35, then you would get +50% until you pass that threshold of exp. And yeah, it only works for battle classes.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

A bit late regarding the camera thing but what was being described just sounded like they would allow the camera to not get caught on as many things as it currently does, not that the camera would bounce back to the set placement.
    Is that not what this part is?

In this patch, we'll be implementing a process where if you back up to a position that forces the camera to get closer, once you move away from that position, the camera will return to its original follow distance.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Does it not apply to FATE EXP? I don't think I've ever seen anything higher than +50%, and I did PLD to 50, DRG to 34, and WHM to 34, and that's primarily how I levelled.

I should pay attention the next time I spam Brayflox.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

It gives you +50% to FATE completion exp I thought, while rested exp didn't apply?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    It gives you +50% to FATE completion exp I thought, while rested exp didn't apply?
    Also correct on FATE exp. Armory bonus is +50% to FATE completion exp and kill exp. Rested applies to kill exp. I believe Armory also counts for first time dungeon completion, but don't quote me on that one.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Oh, I thought it was Rested EXP being applied to the FATEs because my Rested EXP always decreases when I spam them, but I guess that could be EXP from individual monsters draining it and not the actual FATE reward. I'll have to pay more attention the next time I go levelling.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Yep, that's what usually drains out your rested EXP, especially if you're on the home stretch in N.Thanalan and people have taken to chainkilling monsters near the Dark Devices FATE.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Is that not what this part is?
    Yay, I missed that I guess.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    I hope they don't have the foresight so they can learn the hard way what a big mistake they're making.
    Foresight is only a 5% bonus in this game, so I wouldn't expect much.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The CT loot system is basically Zero-Sum DKP with a weekly reset. Better make sure you really want an item before you roll need, and you better think about who you're rolling against. I see a lot of negotiations and drama happening in the form of behind the scene tells. "I am only going to roll on X item this week, so please don't roll on it, you can get A or B or C items and I won't roll on those." And then "haha, I rolled against you and won even though I said I wouldn't!" I guess the fact that you can run it as many times as you want though will ameliorate those types of situations at least.
    Can't tell in instances, hahaha!

Likewise, I can see another form of arguements happening, as experienced in WoW before they implemented "self loot" -- the people who roll need on items, if someone loses, they'll inevitably examine the winner and call out on that they don't need it, etc etc; more rage quit/arguments will follow.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Then there is the whole win loot on first boss and leave since you can't loot anymore in pugs.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Foresight is only a 5% bonus in this game, so I wouldn't expect much.
    I see what you did thar.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Can't tell in instances, hahaha!

Likewise, I can see another form of arguements happening, as experienced in WoW before they implemented "self loot" -- the people who roll need on items, if someone loses, they'll inevitably examine the winner and call out on that they don't need it, etc etc; more rage quit/arguments will follow.
    According to Yoshida everyone should run it for Vanity at the very least so in his view everyone "needs" it to some extent.

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

30fps on the PS4 wouldn't bother me if it would keep the fps @ 28-30fps at all times, along with no visible ui/targeting lag that the PS3 has. If it can accomplish that while mantaining PC high settings visually i'm good but i'm not very optimistic we wont see dips into the teens when doing fates and other things with a lot going on.