1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 19 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 19 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    We estimate that by doing this for around three months you should be able to purchase land.
    "We've been proactively removing RMT... Please pretend you're a RMT yourself and farm gil for 3 months so you have somewhere to live in!"

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I'm still trying to wrap my head around housing needing to be so complicated lol.

Fuck, it's meant to be casual shit. Let them enjoy it.

Whole company was excited to have a big ass house/land plot to screw around in, only to be like lol oh 312.5m wat

At least we aren't on those 625 servers.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This is not the "casual" housing though, this is only for free companies. The private housing is not going to be in 2.1 and that's most likely going to be the casual one.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

LOL

All this time, housing is for casuals. Not anymore huh? You really think housing should be anything but casual content? FCs can do casual shit together too you know.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

My free company is nowhere near hardcore and we don't even have over 10 members at a time for the most part. Saying FC housing is for hardcores seems really delusional.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    LOL

All this time, housing is for casuals. Not anymore huh? You really think housing should be anything but casual content? FCs can do casual shit together too you know.
    I'm not the one treating FC housing as hardcore content, I never cared for housing. You guys are judging by all these replies. There's really no benefit in the housing system atm, why do you need one now? This issue is being overblown imo, it is and always was worthless content with no meaning (yet) but to waste gil. I also never said that FC housing is for hardcores (and I did type "casual" but reading is too complicated I guess?).

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

You literally differentiated between FC housing and single housing and said that single housing is the one for casuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    This is not the "casual" housing though, this is only for free companies. The private housing is not going to be in 2.1 and that's most likely going to be the casual one.

And I asked you if you really thought FC housing should be anything but casual. But reading is too hard amirite?

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The only thing hardcore about buying a FC house is being incapable of waiting for the price to drop to something more reasonable or "needing" a specific plot before someone else nabs it.

Impatient = HARDCORE

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    The only thing hardcore about buying a FC house is being incapable of waiting for the price to drop to something more reasonable or "needing" a specific plot before someone else nabs it.

Impatient = HARDCORE
    Isn't there only so many plots of lands available in general?

I was also under the impression that yoshi wanted to see how much real demand there was for housing to gauge for personal housing. By limiting the total amount of plots of land to a few instances and making them insanely expensive I'm not to certain what he is trying to accomplish anymore. Was this not the testing grounds for future housing updates?

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hioki View Post
    Isn't there only so many plots of lands available in general?

I was also under the impression that yoshi wanted to see how much real demand there was for housing to gauge for personal housing. By limiting the total amount of plots of land to a few instances and making them insanely expensive I'm not to certain what he is trying to accomplish anymore. Was this not the testing grounds for future housing updates?
    I believe the point was always to add more instanced zones as they fill up.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post

Impatient = HARDCORE
    Turning a 300M purchase into a 150M purchase doesn't really change it from hardcore to casual.

I would have liked for them to have made a model like.......1M small house. 3M medium. 500M large. That way it is casual content but if you really need to show off you can still grind out 6 months of soul crushing farming to have your e-peen. There is nothing casual about this even if you let the price drop to its lowest level currently.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

When are servers up btw?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Scheduled to be up in 2 hours at latest. Always a possibility it can end early or run late, given the extent of server surgery they're doing. If you're staying up for it I might start checking on and off in 30 to an hour.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    When are servers up btw?
    Supposed to be Midnight PST (~2 hours), but we'll see.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Game is up, lol at free company housing lmao

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    You literally differentiated between FC housing and single housing and said that single housing is the one for casuals.
    And I asked you if you really thought FC housing should be anything but casual. But reading is too hard amirite?
    One is obviously meant to be more casual than the other because one can be obtained solo while the other requires a group. Try again. I told you I don't care about housing at all (and never did) so this isn't even an issue for me. I do think that having something to aim for can only be a good thing but apparently not having a huge house handed over to you as you log in is a bad thing. I remember complaints going in the opposite direction a few days ago but whatever, keep going.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It's either casual or it isn't. But that's okay, keep up the

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah because the world is either black or white, lol.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Well, I'm either black or white.