1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 44 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 44 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Awoken (Patch 2.1)

Square-Enix just came out with a teaser site for 2.1.

Main Scenario

Five years past, the realm was brought to the brink of destruction by the elder primal Bahamut. Seething with rage from aeons of imprisonment, he unleashed his unbridled fury across the length and breadth of Eorzea, the devastation wrought by his rampage marking the end of the Sixth Astral Era.

Slowly yet surely, Eorzea’s wounds began to heal, and her people enjoyed a rare moment of respite.

Before long, however, the Garlean Empire stirred, reaching to cast its shadow over the realm. To stay the encroaching darkness, the order known as the Scions of the Seventh Dawn called upon the aid of those brave adventurers who would lend their blades. Their combined efforts did quell the Garlean threat, earning accolades from leaders of nations and commonfolk alike.

Yet where there is light, there will always be shadow. The beast tribes persist in their efforts to summon the primals—aetherial entities whose powers swell with the amassed crystals and fervent prayers of their followers. The once-defeated Garlean forces resurface, harboring renewed ambitions of conquest. And the baleful Ascians lurk in the shadows, their presence rousing dark forces long since forgotten.

As new threats emerge, adventurers must once again heed the Crystal's call.
    Spoiler: show

Crystal Tower

Housing

The housing system allows players to acquire a private estate to share with members of their free company.

After purchasing a plot of land in one of the available residential districts, players can build an estate hall. The hall’s exterior can be customized by selecting from a variety of rooves, exterior walls, windows, and doors.Remodel the interior with everything from wallpaper to ceiling lights, and add a personal touch with a variety of furnishings and ornaments.

Enjoy creating a unique base of operations for your free company members to call home.

Player Versus Player (Wolves' Den)

For most, the Calamity will be remembered for the destruction it wrought upon the realm; however, what is oft overlooked is the fact that selfsame destruction also gave rise to myriad creations─one example being an odd crucible-shaped island thrust up from beneath Galadion Bay. Eorzea was not but two moons removed from the Calamity when a crew of Roegadyn Sea Wolves returning to Limsa Lominsa in the battered remains of the Braveheart discovered this newly formed anomaly. Moving quickly so as not to allow her enemies a foothold so near the thalassocracy, the Admiral laid claim to the island and had it transformed into a military training facility of sorts, naming it the Wolves' Den, after the brave men and women who first happened across the place.

Urged by its allies in Gridania and Ul'dah, the Maelstrom soon opened the Den's doors to members of all the Grand Companies of Eorzea, with the hopes that through the staged battles waged within, the cumulative strength of the realm's defenses would burgeon.

Duty Roulette

The Duty Roulette allows players to enter instanced dungeons, trials, and guildhests at random. There are four roulette categories, each of which can be selected once per day.
    In return for selecting a duty at random, players will receive enhanced rewards, including experience points, company seals, gil, and Allagan tomestones.

Treasure Hunt

While gathering resources using a Disciple of the Land, players may come across timeworn maps. Players will be able to decipher these maps to reveal hidden treasures.

Follow the treasure map and see what fortunes await you!

Beast Tribe Quests

Many and myriad peoples call the realm of Eorzea home.
    Making their homes in the various regions of Thanalan, La Noscea, and the Black Shroud, the beast tribes are her denizens as well. While there are those who call forth the primals, causing harm to outsiders, others choose to live in harmony with their neighbors.

Adventurers can undertake different beast tribe quests every day, learning more of each tribe and improving relations with them as they do so. As you come to understand the ways of the beast tribes, you shall find yourself well rewarded for your diplomatic endeavors.

Good King Moggle Mog XII

Ultima Weapon

The Wandering Minstrel is wont to regale those who would listen with the heroic deeds of adventurers. News of your death-defying feats have reached him, and he would have you recount your fateful encounter with the Ultima Weapon.

However, one must always be wary of the Wandering Minstrel and his gift for exaggeration. Upon hearing his ballad, you come to find your clash with the Ultima Weapon has been transformed into something far more epic than you remember.

Extreme Primal Battles

Pharos Sirius

Copperbell Mines

Haukke Manor

Aesthetician

A world-renowned aesthetician has found his way to Eorzea.
    If you should find yourself in his good graces, a new world of possibilities will open to you, with the freedom to change your hairstyle at any time.

Adventurers can now keep up with the latest fashion trends, as new hairstyles become available in future updates.Seek out the aesthetician, and discover a new you through an ever-growing selection of hairstyles and face paint.

I'll keep OP updated as more information becomes available, and for those who prefer the website here's the link: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/spe..._Realm_Awoken/

@ 5:21 during the Pharoh dungeon footage, I see someone with a trenchcoat performing a Gun WS.

It's probably a pirate-ish mob, but *wink wink

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    @ 5:21 during the Pharoh dungeon footage, I see someone with a trenchcoat performing a Gun WS.

It's probably a pirate-ish mob, but *wink wink
    It's one of the bosses so.. yeah. It's not a hint, the main boss of the dungeon is Siren and she controls the dead bodies of former pirates.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

surprisingly hype when i ignore the crystal tower and accept that i'll be in the coil for another 3 months

i mean it's pretty cool when you ignore the fact that i'm dying squirtle

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yeah, I have to admit the trailer actually makes me want to play 2.1, but the reality is the only thing I want to try out is Minstrel's Ballad: Ultima's Bane.

None of this particularly highlights that capping Myth per week will always be the main drive of this content.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

PvP is gonna make me change so many hotbars... ugh.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Doesn't look bad, but the reality is it's still pretty much doing Myth farming, which I'm at my limit for.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Doesn't look bad, but the reality is it's still pretty much doing Myth farming, which I'm at my limit for.
    Would you say... Your about to....

Break?

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Welp, I'll know why my group fails in the new pharos instance many times...

http://www.neko-sentai.com/images12nya/pharos.jpg

(death by boobs, what ragns always wanted)

It's not a hint, the main boss of the dungeon is Siren and she controls the dead bodies of former pirates.
    What I meant is that since most humanoid mobs (Empire soldiers, bandits, etc) are exactly the same as player characters and even use the same weapons / WSes, it's nice to see a "pirate humanoid" using a gun and doing WSes with it.
    A glimps of musketeer to come, I guess.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hioki View Post
    Would you say... Your about to....

Break?
    YEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH?

But pretty much. Even if I could find a mid-core FC (which doesn't seem to exist on Hyperion) I only see about 2 extra weeks before I lose interest.

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Bullshit lockouts aside, which don't bother me too much as I play very casually due to my schedule the trailer for 2.1 looks pretty damn good.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Siren took me off-guard, I'm legit-excited about hardmode Haukke/Copper a little bit (fucking Spriggolem man), PvP skills look far more robust than I expected at first glance, and music everywhere <3. Does sort of kill plans I had for a preliminary "PvP threat assessment" writeup, since who knows how the PvP skills are gonna shake that up.

Aesthetician vs Hildebrand who is most fabulous.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    What I meant is that since most humanoid mobs (Empire soldiers, bandits, etc) are exactly the same as player characters and even use the same weapons / WSes, it's nice to see a "pirate humanoid" using a gun and doing WSes with it.
    A glimps of musketeer to come, I guess.
    Yeah but that guy is a boss. They always create new attacks and animations for bosses so it really doesn't mean anything.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Creepy crawly crystal zombies!

Spriggan "driving" a golem? Awesome.

Also, gun animations for humanoids have been around forever (Garleans).

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Housing was the big thing for me. Only FC housing this patch but damn, I'm gonna stockpile gil like no tomorrow lol.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Siren took me off-guard,
    Aesthetician vs Hildebrand who is most fabulous.
    Siren took you off guard really? I thought that was a pretty obvious boss
    The Aesthetician cutscene seriously made laugh like an idiot when they showed it and when Hildibrand grinned I couldn't help but crack a smile
    i fukkin love goofy shit

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Creepy crawly crystal zombies!

Spriggan "driving" a golem? Awesome.
    SNEEZING GOOBBUE MOUNTS
    DRAKE MOUNTS
    SPRIGGAN GOLEM VOLTRONS

MUCH EXCITE

also only 1.0 ul'dahn kids will know what i'm talking bout but i hope to god that was a F'hlamin/Ascilia reunion in the MSQ

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Siren took you off guard really? I thought that was a pretty obvious boss
    I just did MSQ on alt a couple weeks ago and I still forgot Siren was a thing that existed.

Seen one birdtits seen em all.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Honestly at this point what I'm looking forward to most is the sorting function. And that's just sad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast