1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 49 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 16 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 17 hours, 49 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: PvP Threat Assesment     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

so best team is healer tank brd brd? (to meet requirements)

(as of 2 hours into 2.1)

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    so best team is healer tank brd brd? (to meet requirements)

(as of 2 hours into 2.1)
    I can say I got destroyed by a team that had that, so quite possibly.

MNK+WAR is pretty scary. Shoulder Tackle into Holmgang.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Sprint = #1 threat. Storm's Path and 2x IB during Holmgang is beautiful.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I have to say that SCH is def the more annoying healer to deal with. SMN can also make it's own Fluid Aura by combining Garuda's push back with a swiftcast Tri-disaster.

Surecast is complete shit as well since it doesn't do what it's suppose to. Got interrupted a couple times with it up.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Won't have a chance to play until later but how does PVP feel? Is it pretty smooth? Mainly asking about melee.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ada Rusheart
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Any idea how crafted 55 PvP gear compares to general high level PvE gear?

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by samalis View Post
    Won't have a chance to play until later but how does PVP feel? Is it pretty smooth? Mainly asking about melee.
    I'm in UK so take with a grain of salt, but it's a little better than hitting moving stuff in PvE. Still pretty janky trying to hit from max range or if they LOS/pass through you.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Andradi View Post
    Any idea how crafted 55 PvP gear compares to general high level PvE gear?
    1 match is hardly conclusive, but sure seemed like i70+ with i90 weapons was outperforming the crafted gear.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    I'm in UK so take with a grain of salt, but it's a little better than hitting moving stuff in PvE. Still pretty janky trying to hit from max range or if they LOS/pass through you.
    Is it like WoW where someone moves around (zig zags) like they're on crack?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Does the /facetarget change disable LoS correction during casting?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    I can say I got destroyed by a team that had that, so quite possibly.

MNK+WAR is pretty scary. Shoulder Tackle into Holmgang.
    I'd say my biggest fears are a BRD + WHM + SMN & w/e tank....Have to worry about sleeps, buffs on their end and a garuda that chases you to the end of the earth while your struggling to chase them down with their advanced movement....On double mages burst damage with stuns are really nice making war's a pretty good way to neutralize them. It's only the beginning and once PvP actions become more prevalent I'm sure tactics will change

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

BRD+WAR+SCH+??? seemed to work out amazingly well. Lost my first 3 matches learning how shit works and then won 7 in a row at which point we stopped to do ultima.

There was this one time I thought the enemy bard was the healer and burned him down so fast I realized killing the healer not first may be legitimate.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    The running speed feels too quick for some reason. Also, the 25 >> 15 >> 5 second sleep is retarded. I'm not sure what PVP Yoshi looked at when throwing this thing together, but I don't remember any other game allowing someone to essentially sit useless for 35+ second at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    BRD+WAR+SCH+??? seemed to work out amazingly well. Lost my first 3 matches learning how shit works and then won 7 in a row at which point we stopped to do ultima.

There was this one time I thought the enemy bard was the healer and burned him down so fast I realized killing the healer not first may be legitimate.
    Pretty much our experience with that setup.

First team I tried was MNK PLD BLM WHM and we got rocked pretty hard after a few easy wins. So annoying trying to hit shit with melee when you're diseased 90% of the time and hit detection doesn't work well even at 200% movement speed.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

We did WAR/SCH/SMN/BRD. BRD feels pretty weak tbh but they completely shut down mages so easily. SMN+WAR can just stack healing reductions and lock down/burst the shit outta people. We'd constantly just Holmgang and melt people in seconds. Won't work once people actually l2Purify but damn is it fun. Got to rank 9 before sleeping, kinda curious how grindy 20-30 will be. Anyone dat mined exp reqs?

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

I just had a super troll idea...

You have a party with a SMN and a SCH. Both of them wear a similar book (like most people can tell the difference anyway), and both wear an ambiguous gear set, like full Warlock's or something. At the start of the match, you either stand on top of each other, or you Place your pets next to each other. Enemy goes for the SMN instead of the SCH. Laugh maniacally as you kill their healer while the SCH keeps the SMN alive.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvrdragon View Post
    I just had a super troll idea...

You have a party with a SMN and a SCH. Both of them wear a similar book (like most people can tell the difference anyway), and both wear an ambiguous gear set, like full Warlock's or something. At the start of the match, you either stand on top of each other, or you Place your pets next to each other. Enemy goes for the SMN instead of the SCH. Laugh maniacally as you kill their healer while the SCH keeps the SMN alive.
    This actually happend unintentionally in our group yesterday. We had a SCH and a SMN both with vanya hat+body and half the time the enemy wailed on the summoner by accident.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I'm surprised that worked since half the time SMNs/SCHs forget to place their pet so wouldn't fairy be following the SCH anyways? Plus if you do that nobody's getting Succor at the start unless you're sneaky (for all that matters). Also in my case I'm a lalafell so if they see me in the SCH casting pose through the gate it wouldn't fool anyone.

Probably taking this idea too seriously lol

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

We'd always get succor or whatever right before the gates opened iirc. And then at the beginning I think the smn would toss out a few heals and the sch would toss out a few dots.

If they run around together it should be very hard to figure shit out. Although even if they're not those couple seconds of confusion can be more than enough to create a situation where their healer is dead and yours isn't.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Probably obvious by now to anyone who's played a few rounds of PvP, but: You get 1 AP per rank (up to rank 30, current max). Most skills cost 3 points to unlock, then 3 points for every "enhanced" trait. Attribute ones cost 3>5>7. The AP you get and the skills you buy with it are shared between all of your classes, so unless you're gonna buy a AP reset item for wolf marks, buy carefully.

Get Purify first at rank 3. Don't be an idiot like me.