1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 47 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 47 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: PvP Threat Assesment     submit to reddit submit to twitter

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Really dislike the way they have AP set up. Just more pigeon-holing you to play a specific class despite the armoury system being a thing. The reset item is pretty expensive as well which makes it a chore to respec for a different class or respec within the same class too.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ryunokage Argantes
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Khadgar

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Really dislike the way they have AP set up. Just more pigeon-holing you to play a specific class despite the armoury system being a thing. The reset item is pretty expensive as well which makes it a chore to respec for a different class or respec within the same class too.
    I'm just guessing here but I think they've done the cost with both trying to not have peoplemaxed within a week and the upcoming patch with frontlines and atleast one battleground in mind. Which might net higher results.
    I wonder how much killing someone in frontlines will give though, and if grouping up gives some form of penalty.

Cause I'd hate for Frontlines to become a zergfest where people hide in their zergs for easy kills when I'm trying to have fun solo/low man

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

I hope, when frontlines is out, you get more worth marks or something, the little arena.. is brutal I'm sure for some to get wolf marks with. Some rounds are already goin into the 5min+ ranges for me because people with pvp skills O_o

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    I hope, when frontlines is out, you get more worth marks or something, the little arena.. is brutal I'm sure for some to get wolf marks with. Some rounds are already goin into the 5min+ ranges for me because people with pvp skills O_o
    I had a match yesterday that lasted nearly 25min lol. Our team was WAR, BLM, BLM, WHM V.S. PLD DRG BLM WHM. Was craziness, I ended up getting like 4 kills total.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by OWS_Tonx View Post
    I had a match yesterday that lasted nearly 25min lol. Our team was WAR, BLM, BLM, WHM V.S. PLD DRG BLM WHM. Was craziness, I ended up getting like 4 kills total.
    yah some comps and a few pvp skills, the battles just draw out too long. Should be hilarious when theirs ilvl90 PVP gear involved. Estimated about a month for people to be showing up in a good amount of ilvl90 PVP gear (If you win a lot you can get a weapon within 3 days, i'm kind of close already)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    yah some comps and a few pvp skills, the battles just draw out too long. Should be hilarious when theirs ilvl90 PVP gear involved. Estimated about a month for people to be showing up in a good amount of ilvl90 PVP gear (If you win a lot you can get a weapon within 3 days, i'm kind of close already)
    Even if you have the IL90 weapon, you need rank 30 to equip it. How's the scaling for EXP per rank at higher ranks?

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I did a couple runs this morning with a shout group and just got demolished lol. I've been going blm so far because i Have zenith weapon for it and am missing like 2 pieces of gear to be full i90 but I'm starting to think about going brd. I ran into a well geared one and he just raped our whm. SMN seems crazy too, guy was sicing his pet on the whm then would go for me to block sleeps with instant ruin. Gonna try and get a ls group going when I get out of work with people who know what they're doing and see how fast I can grind up and find an ideal pt set up.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

OP, monk also has access to:

Feint - 20% Slow 10s
    Fracture - DoT 18s

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    Even if you have the IL90 weapon, you need rank 30 to equip it. How's the scaling for EXP per rank at higher ranks?
    Ah just noticed that, well I don't think it will prevent me from buying them up though! Its going to take awhile for that rank 30

As for wolf marks, its about an average 50 "points" per win no matter the rank and about 30 pvp rank points. I'm nearing 100 wins (will have it today) so that gives you an idea how close I am to the 8,000+ weapons. can probably have a full set of ilvl90 pvp gear before rank 30... (if the vendor lets me buy them anyway) if not guess I'll buy up materia.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

IIRC there are some people who have done nothing but PvP since patch release that have hit rank 30. Don't remember offhand how many wins/matches they had.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    IIRC there are some people who have done nothing but PvP since patch release that have hit rank 30. Don't remember offhand how many wins/matches they had.
    oh wow, that would take near... possibly 1,000 matches to get rank 30, at the massive climb of point requirements for it.
    I have a near 75% win rate, and at about 100 wins i should be rank 12. (takes about 23 wins for rank 11-> 12) looking at well over 100 wins by the rank 20 ranges probably.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Any idea what the rank cap is?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmakan View Post
    Any idea what the rank cap is?
    30 is the current cap, but it will be raised in future updates (they already mentioned that they will be raising it to 50 when Front Lines is added).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trine Traverse
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    30 is the current cap, but it will be raised in future updates (they already mentioned that they will be raising it to 50 when Front Lines is added).
    Is Frontlines confirmed for 2.2?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4