+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Do we know how long till all the episodes are out? I really like to marathon Telltale games rather than play them spaced out.
    The description on XBOX Live Marketplace for the season pass says all episodes will be released by this summer. Keep in mind, though, that GoT is a 6-part game instead of Telltale's normal 5 episodes.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Got the first two episodes tonight. First episode was fucking awesome. The second episode felt a LOT shorter and I didn't enjoy it as much. I'm not sure if it's fair to judge it like that though, because I played it immediately after finishing the fantastic first episode.

And yes, for anyone who might have been wondering, it's looking like another "illusion of choice" like The Walking Dead where your choices really don't matter.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ep. 3 I thought was pretty good. It started off slow, but REALLY picked up near the end. It also introduced a lot of wrinkles into the plot.
    Spoiler: show
    There is a TRAITOR in House Forrester~ The obvious choice would be the shady maester, but it could be Duncan...he did seem awful eager for you to break your vows to the Night's Watch and go find the North Grove, possibly with ulterior motives? Poor Mira is a victim of bad timing. Finally gets help from Tyrion and then the Purple Wedding happens. I made sure Roderik stood up to that cunt face guy, but I'm sure there will be repercussions. The Asher storyline is also gaining ground now too. Throwing you face to face with Drogon that early was cool...and ending with the meeting with Khaleesi was a great choice. I've got a bad feeling that its going to come down to a choice between Beshka and Malcolm, though.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Man i have to know.. Who burned or kept the letter? And who bowed to Gryff?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

TTG head of PR has been tweeting out that he is currently playing Ep 4 of GoT in the last couple of days. I'd say look forward to a trailer and release in the next week or two.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ep 4 Trailer and release dates are out:

PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PC/Mac on May 26th
    Xbox One and Xbox 360 on May 27th
    iOS and Android-based devices on May 28th

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Finished Ep 4, and I think so far it is the best in the series. There were some incredibly tense moments in this episode. Whoever is writing Daenearys' dialogue clearly doesn't work on the show, because here she is powerful, confident, and intimidating--nothing like the show.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Finished Ep 4, and I think so far it is the best in the series. There were some incredibly tense moments in this episode. Whoever is writing Daenearys' dialogue clearly doesn't work on the show, because here she is powerful, confident, and intimidating--nothing like the show.
    I agree with you about this episode being the strongest. I also found myself taking a different approach, more of a "No, go fuck yourself" attitude this time, which was kind of liberating. And terrifying, but at some point, you have to. I don't know if that's something that changed in me, or the quality of the story telling made me feel like now was the time to stop bowing and start fighting back.

I agree with that Daenerys feels different in the game. I think that's a deliberate thing, though. We're approaching her from a very different angle (minor underling asking for help) than TV viewers, who get to see her when she's at her least confident (behind closed doors, talking to her closest advisors).

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The achievements/trophies names for the last two episodes have been released, only mentioning because I think it's a neat touch that they are tied to the words of a particular house.

Ep. 5
    Set Down Our Deeds -- House Penrose
    Here We Stand -- House Mormont
    We Light The Way -- House Hightower
    We Do Not Sow -- House Greyjoy
    As High As Honor -- House Arryn
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken -- House Martell
    Family, Duty, Honor -- House Tully

Ep. 6
    Ours Is The Fury -- House Baratheon
    Our Blades Are Sharp -- House Bolton
    Growing Strong -- House Tyrell
    Hear Me Roar! -- House Lannister
    Fire And Blood -- House Targaryen
    Winter Is Coming -- House Stark
    Iron From Ice -- House Forrester

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Just started this today with the steam sale. Started off kinda slow but that ending of chapter 1 @_@

Fucking Ramsay.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Just finished all the current chapters. Funny how my initial thoughts remain the same.

Fucking Ramsay.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It is kind of depressing knowing that the player characters won't be able to get comeuppance on Ramsay. I think the best case scenario is making him look bad enough that Roose intervenes to stop him. And maybe getting to eviscerate the Whitehills. Going full on Donatello on Gryff was the highlight of episode 4 for me.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yep.

I did feel a bit bad about maiming Gryff when I saw his family portrait. But then I remembered what an asshole him and his dad are. Fuck them. Hopefully can at least kill those 2 fuckers.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Yep.

I did feel a bit bad about maiming Gryff when I saw his family portrait. But then I remembered what an asshole him and his dad are. Fuck them. Hopefully can at least kill those 2 fuckers.
    The fuck did I do.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Episode 5: A Nest of Vipers will drop for PC/Mac, PS3, and PS4 on July 21st, 360 and XB1 on July 22nd, and iOS/Android on July 23rd. Trailer HYPE.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

New ep out today. Knew that wasn't going to start off very well with Ramsay..

I know Ramsay has story armor so I didn't try to kill him. Did anyone try to? What happened?

And Mira is such a fucking bitch. This is what i get for lying to the guy trying to court her. Wish I had the option to tell her shes only getting married because I stood up for her.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Oh man, that ending. Knew it was coming but fuuuuuck.

I saved Asher. He's too cool compared to Rodrik to let die. I think he will be a more effective leader in war too. The only thing I feel bad about is Rodrik and Eleana's relationship was only just now getting good.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck these Whitehill pricks. I am going to kill them. I am going to kill them all. If an option in the final episode is "get revenge, but everyone, including your family dies" or "make peace and your family lives", FUCK IT WE'RE ALL GOING DOWN TOGETHER.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck these Whitehill pricks. I am going to kill them. I am going to kill them all. If an option in the final episode is "get revenge, but everyone, including your family dies" or "make peace and your family lives", FUCK IT WE'RE ALL GOING DOWN TOGETHER.
    Did you do that option during the Whitehill dinner? You get game over but everyone died lol.