Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Still need a woodworker to check on the log recipe, and also if it has a KI version of it.

Also, your saying the new broths are synergy OR cooking?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    Also, your saying the new broths are synergy OR cooking?
    synergy requiring cooking/alchemy subs OR regular cooking/alchemy. That's actually true of all most broths now. It's also noteworthy they also added synergy recipes for 2/3 crafting broths they released last time

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Does the Saline Broth cooking craftable recipe require Alchemy sub?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Whoops forgot to list that. Saline is just alchemy and the others are just cooking

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Exalted Lumber is between Nurigomeyumi (105) and Thalassocrat (106)

x1 and x3 recipes

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I am going to assume the lumber can be HQ'd. If anyone finds out differently, please let us know here. That includes any of the other estimates (broth number per synth/hq, and if the orbs can be hq'd or not)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Saline Broth synergy is pretty hard. Like I'm 5/6 chat and this was 2/3 though part of that was getting used to how hard it is. It's 70 water 42 dark. Even with capped synergy and capped feeding it still gives 9% impurity per feed instead of the normal 5. Suggesting a rather high level. Which means you need to lower it fairly often using lots of dark and you need dark so make sure to refill it. NQ gives 6 though. I'd test more but one of the items comes from new AA fights and so is stupidly expensive right now and probably will continue to be. Calls sharpwit hermes

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just synthed the Maliyakaleya orb and NQ synth resulted in 6 orbs. Assuming this can HQ, it most likely follows the same pattern as oxblood orb synth with HQ1 resulting in 8 orbs and HQ2 in 10 orbs

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Added orb info to wiki and fixed the first post. Anymore info on the jugs would be appreciated.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

OT a little and it's too early to tell but is anyone else getting a sinking feeling that the new update kinda added more cuts than usual to the death by 1000 cuts that SE seems to inflict upon crafting? With the new solo-oriented changes and RoE gear I don't think players are going to bother as much with expensive gear/food/supplies/ammo etc.
    The new items for upgrades are nice but i'm not sure if it will make up for the easing up of peer pressure to buy more expensive other stuff lol.

Maybe it's just me but I'm glad I got my ebisu when I did lol.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The below quote is keeping me confident there will be a nice crafting update in the near future. Who knows when that will be though, we still have not gotten this year's vanadiel census.

We are currently planning the addition of powerful new equipment which will require the highest synthesis skills to create. Among other options, we are considering cursed gear which would require abjurations to purify. We will follow up with more information once we iron out the details, so please hang on a bit longer.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Idk about your server but people are gouging some of the new synth items for rf+1. For example mali orb is going for 2 mil at a decent rate while mali coral is going for 5 mil and makes 6-12 orbs each. 7 mil profit for 1 synth of an item most people need and need multiples of isn't too shabby. So glad I got a bonecraft mule

Think fizzy broth is decent profit right now too

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Yeah shows what I know lol.

Funk: Wow! I hadn't seen that quote before, thanks for sharing. That is good news and color me intrigued lol.
    Dasva: unfortunately for me re: new rf1 items I have only the consumable crafts(alchemy and cooking) leveled lol. That said, I'm still making good profit cooking even without the new broths at the moment anyway. Alchemy is still profitable but I've kinda wavered on taking it past 100(I originally thought I'd need to lvl woodworking to 80 to fix lu shangs to get my own ebisu fish but that turned out not to be the case) I can still profit from it but I don't have the extra tiers for cursed gear and such and the profit isn't where it used to be and CERTAINLY not as fast.

Right now I'm focused on fishing anyway. My original post was just my negative self being pessimistic looking forward and predictions not from hard evidence so far.

Thanks for your input dasva and funk.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm surprised that the orb makes 6, and can even probably HQ for 12 (has it been done), yet the ingots and macrame will only make one regardless of NQ or HQ. Atleast the lumber can presumably HQ for multiple as well.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

the lumber does hq, I got a tier 2 the other day...too bad it was for ls and not me

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I'm 10/12 for skillups on Sif's Macrame. This is significantly different from the normal skillup rate (~25-33%). Easy path to 105, go!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just wanted to add some confirmation on the Maliyakaleya coral synth being able to HQ. I just HQ1'd the synth and got 8 orbs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I'm 10/12 for skillups on Sif's Macrame. This is significantly different from the normal skillup rate (~25-33%). Easy path to 105, go!
    To go along with this I'm getting normal skillups for the new broth using AA drops so might either be just that recipe or just the items for rf+1... or even possibly a low sample size.

Just lucky skillups. Been trying the Sif's Macrame and 0/9 on skillups with shawl, skillup food, and ionis.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Bryth has stolen all the CC love. 0/7 on skillups for the macrame here.