+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Records of Eminence     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Tarutaru Subligar Inspector
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Seol View Post
    The timed quests must have a yellow dot next to it to know that it's going to give a voucher, otherwise it's not the "1st time" and it's considered a repeat, so only sparks/exp, you can also tell by the sparks yield on the 1st try, it says "a bonus for the 1st time 900 sparks, blah blah", repeats are only 300 sparks. So far I've stuck by that on 2 characters and I've always received my vouchers twice a day 100% of the time, even when full inv, you can reclaim by clicking on the timed challenge log.
    Not entirely right, I've had the timed 20x beasts a few times now, and unless I am mistaken when you get a limited time the second time around, it does not have the yellow dot(will check again when the next one pops up). I've had the issue with not getting voucher as well a few times so far, when triboxing and having room, so there is some kind of an issue there. The only thing I can think of that can possibly cause it would possibly be the chance that when a limited repeats a second time with in a Earth day, the second time that it comes around, you don't get voucher. I'm trying to keep my eye on it for something to repeat again, but it is not just an issue of full invo, or repeating. I only do the limited time ones once each and have had it happen a couple of times, so something is goofed with it somewhere.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It only loses it's dot after completing that particular time periods one. Each new time period will be dotted. However if you say do one before the time period is over it will automatically start over without a the dot and a lot of the time for me remains even after the next period starts. I think it might be when you've at least got 1/xxx but haven't really tested it a lot. But yeah it's caused me and my mules to be on separate time limits at the same time

Are any of the gear sets really noteworthy? Mostly I just care about whm, brd, and blu. Are any of the pieces worth looking into? I'm too lazy to actually go through all the stat spam to figure out what's objectively better than what I have.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I think by party mechanics he meant some people were killing one mob and he was on another, and when the other mob died everyone on it got a voucher but him, though he completed the quest. Just a guess here. But both times I did not recieve voucher i was solo (one i was a monster)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    I think by party mechanics he meant some people were killing one mob and he was on another, and when the other mob died everyone on it got a voucher but him, though he completed the quest. Just a guess here. But both times I did not recieve voucher i was solo (one i was a monster)
    Yeah, I shoulda been more clear, but that is what I meant. Both times I did not get a voucher, I was actively engaged on a different mob then the rest of the pt, which killed the 20th mob to finish the quest. I'm not sure why that would matter of if that's even the reason. Was just posting a theory.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Would be some weird bug if that made a difference considering you don't have to be on any mob at all to get credit

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just to follow up on something lolBST theorized about, I just got plantoids again. I got plantoids for the limited time quest this morning too, so we'll see if getting the same "type" of limited time quest more then once in one earth day is the issue. Doing AAs right now, so I'll do the quest after and post then.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'll test this in about 15 minutes, going to whack some mandies and will split them up on mob #20.

Test the being on different mobs I mean** I was not online to do the morning limited, just the beasts in the afternoon.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Balak View Post
    Just to follow up on something lolBST theorized about, I just got plantoids again. I got plantoids for the limited time quest this morning too, so we'll see if getting the same "type" of limited time quest more then once in one earth day is the issue. Doing AAs right now, so I'll do the quest after and post then.
    Did you get something else between the 2 plantoids? Or confirm with other characters that it was actually 2 plantoids and you just not staying on the same one? Also might be noted I just got plantoids but had aquans this morning

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

K, testing done, had 19 mandies down, had main character on 1 mandie, another on a second mandie, and a 3rd not engaged. And no one got a copper. So what someone mentioned being a possibility, that if it is a limited time that you have done in the past, the copper may not be 100%. I will keep an eye on it next couple days and see what happens on more repeats as they come around.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

On a side note, has anyone ever received a second copper from doing a limited time over and over again in the same time period?

Quote Originally Posted by Fireon View Post
    Are any of the gear sets really noteworthy? Mostly I just care about whm, brd, and blu. Are any of the pieces worth looking into? I'm too lazy to actually go through all the stat spam to figure out what's objectively better than what I have.
    I pretty much just consider them cheap ilvl entry gear. Decently augmented stuff or upgraded AF will probably outperform most, but it's not much of a stretch to say a short afternoon of Monstrosity grinding could get you a set and weapon with targeted objective clears.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Did you get something else between the 2 plantoids? Or confirm with other characters that it was actually 2 plantoids and you just not staying on the same one? Also might be noted I just got plantoids but had aquans this morning
    Yes. I had plantoids from early this morning. Did that and got a voucher. Had beasts this afternoon and got a voucher from that. Just got plantiods again tonight. Still have to go out and do it. Busy with other stuff atm, but will post back when I do.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by lolBST View Post
    On a side note, has anyone ever received a second copper from doing a limited time over and over again in the same time period?
    Never including the first night when the first time trial lasted a good 4 hours before they did emergency maintance. I have however gotten 1 every time on 3 characters for the first time for that period. As far as first time repeats repeats go I've done beasts 3 times, plants 2-3, aquans 2 and seals 2.

I'm going to be trying to play around the time limits to get all 3 done in a day. Only takes a couple minutes to actually get the kills so if I leave game on overnight get that flagged and kill while getting ready for work, stay logged on flag and get home to kill before next one rq then do night one.... guess I'll report later. Also looking into seeing if the choice of trial has a pattern... maybe some other people can to see if we can work stuff out. being able to plan a certain one could be nice for extra sparks and such

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Ok. I think we've got this figured out. Just went and did Plantoid limited time quest for the first time tonight since getting the challenge. Did it solo and I did not get a voucher when completing the quest. It does look as if you get the same type of limited time quest more then once in a RL day, you can only get 1 voucher. I am not talking about repeating the limited time quest over and over in the time frame. What I mean is this so there is no confusion:

This morning: Limited time quest was Plantoids - Completed and got voucher
    This afternoon: Limited time quest was Beasts - Completed and got voucher
    Tonight: Limited time quest was Plantoids - Completed and no voucher

So if the same type of Limited time quest repeats during the same RL day, it does not look like you can get a voucher from the second one.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Except SE has never based anything on NA time zone.

"This morning" = this evening in JP
    "This afternoon" = middle of JP night
    "Tonight" = JP morning

you've crossed JP midnight between vouchers.

Unless you were already referencing JP timezones.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well they've never referenced daily/weekly reset times by NA time zone midnight. But other things like mog bonaza start/stop for example have been. Honestly I'm not sure how many I've done so far in a row except right away when it was bugged so i can't really say if that is a thing. At first it seemed like it might have been once a real day but it was also up for 4 hours for me the first time.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I am in eastern time, but I didn't complete the first plantiods limited quest until after JP midnight. I typically leave my character logged on overnight, so I get the quest, then just do it when I can late in the morning or early afternoon my time before the next Limited quest comes up. So, for reference in today's example, both plantoid limited time quests were completed during the same earth day.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

150 unique quests completed and Nantoto doesn't give me anything new. I still have that bugged? quest "Petals of Recollection" that she gave me the other day. It counted towards the 150 but it isn't greyed out under the RoE quests. I can't repeat it even though it asks me if I want to and it doesn't say it's a non-repeatable quest.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I don't know if this is how the timed quests are supposed to work. But if you finish a timed quest during the time period, get a voucher, quest auto-repeats, you can get another voucher if you log out before the next time quest starts and back in some time when there isn't one. Might be JP midnight, can't tell. I usually am not actually playing during any of the time quest windows, so I'll leave my char on to flag a quest. However, sometimes my play time does line up with the quest and I'll finish it during the event, when I log on the next day and still have the quest, from the repeat, I'll get another voucher. So far I haven't run into a situation where I don't get a voucher on the first clear, or repeating it the next day if applicable.