Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Records of Eminence     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Maybe you just forgot? I've had several zones lock out on my mule I hardly do anything on. Like korroloka tunnel, bostaunieux, ule range and a few others including the valley of sorrows I think you are mentioning
    Yes! Valley of Sorrows.
    But nope. NEVER had been there before then... Had no clue where it was, cause for years I've gone through Cape Terrigan just to get to Korroloka or Gustav tunnels for whatever reason.
    Maybe there are certain zones that are hidden, and others linked to other zones.
    (Though I very well might have gotten lost way back when I was new and somehow wound up there... It's a possibility, but I don't believe that happened... L0L)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    Yes! Valley of Sorrows.
    But nope. NEVER had been there before then... Had no clue where it was, cause for years I've gone through Cape Terrigan just to get to Korroloka or Gustav tunnels for whatever reason.
    Maybe there are certain zones that are hidden, and others linked to other zones.
    (Though I very well might have gotten lost way back when I was new and somehow wound up there... It's a possibility, but I don't believe that happened... L0L)
    Not really sure what gustav or korroloka have to do with VoS. VoS only connect to cape terrible. Also why would you go to cape terrible just to get to gustav instead of go thru the dunes...? And how in the world would you use cape terrigan to get to korroloka!?! Got to kuftal then both deserts then to it... but that would generally be the way of getting there in the first place... Sounds like you really were lost lol

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I am currently at 289ish quest completion. The only ones left are Harvesting and NM. My question is this (and I apologize for being lazy), can some update the breakdown of next quest requirements and any following thereafter, please?

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Not really sure what gustav or korroloka have to do with VoS. VoS only connect to cape terrible. Also why would you go to cape terrible just to get to gustav instead of go thru the dunes...? And how in the world would you use cape terrigan to get to korroloka!?! Got to kuftal then both deserts then to it... but that would generally be the way of getting there in the first place... Sounds like you really were lost lol
    Pretty sure he confused Korroloka and Kuftal as I did just now.

Terrigan end of Kuftal is actually closer to the outpost than the Altepa end is to Rabao, not even supposing the time before directly teleporting to Rabao was possible, and has more crabs for, purpose supposed, skilling up. Gustav otoh idfk. The only reason anybody knows where Valley of Sorrows is was Adamantoise, and how long has it been since that content was even mildly relevant to anyone but MNKs who are short on Kindred Seals?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hey, that's not the only reason; VoS raptors and birds used to be an exp spot!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It also used to be nice for that small time for FoV augmenting. I know I still treasure my Jupiter staff with an extra 21 water resist on it... though on a more serious note I did get a demon helm+1 with 2 mab on it there... which back in the day was pretty pimping

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If I've never chocobo dug before, how many stacks of greens would it likely take to finish the chocobo dig RoE?

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    If I've never chocobo dug before, how many stacks of greens would it likely take to finish the chocobo dig RoE?
    If you luck out and go do it when the zone is fully stocked you could finish in as few as 4-5 stacks.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

that entance was the quickest way there for bune campers, was nice gil in its day.also augmenting mermans earrings is something i do like once a month, getting hp augments on them is nice, but getting hp augments for my mule is impossible

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus View Post
    I am currently at 289ish quest completion. The only ones left are Harvesting and NM. My question is this (and I apologize for being lazy), can some update the breakdown of next quest requirements and any following thereafter, please?
    So no takers to answer my question?

Oop. I misspoke. lol
    I meant Kuftal. But I usually go to Terrigan because it's a shorter walk than Valkrum from the OP.
    Plus it puts you closer to the entrance to the basement.
    Same with Kuftal, the Terrigan OP warp is close to both those zone, so whenever I'd need or want to go there, I would just OP.

So no takers to answer my question?
    It would help if you are more clear. What do you mean by "next quest requirements"? Do you mean at what task completion points new RoE quests unlock? Or do you mean what the actual quests involve doing. If its the latter what was the last RoE quest you completed. Personally I am not sure on the former since I did all current tasks including the WotG/TOAU batch before I did all but the very first quest (the travel to all telepoints one) but if you need a walkthrough on the latter rather than combing through the thread I can assist with that.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The last quest I did was "Grudge" ("To kill a Mocking Birds" on BGWiki).
    Yes, I am asking when is the next "Other" quest activation? After how many uniquely completed quest will I get message by zoning into Lower Jeuno asking to talk to Nantoto? What's the quest called? Is there a walk through for it and any following quests thereafter?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So checked the new sparks gear and nothing was really that better for npcing. Something went up to 10.3 but it was really low amount so would take forever. But I'd bet there might be something desynthable for profit in the new stuff. Sidenote it feels really weird to be able to buy tons of cerb bows and then npc them lol

The last quest I did was "Grudge" ("To kill a Mocking Birds" on BGWiki).
    Yes, I am asking when is the next "Other" quest activation? After how many uniquely completed quest will I get message by zoning into Lower Jeuno asking to talk to Nantoto? What's the quest called? Is there a walk through for it and any following quests thereafter?
    I am not sure about the number of RoE quests completed to get the following quests so take those numbers with a grain of salt as they are unconfirmed sources.

After 200 quests (unconfirmed) and Grudge completed you flag the next set of quests. To initiate these you need to talk to Duberasson who is next to Eternal Flame (the GK in Adoulin) and he will tell you his story. Once you have heard his story you can go back to Nantoto and trigger RoE Quest #5 via a letter (forget the color but 5-9 are all triggered by different colored letters that you receive via Nantoto). Quest #5+ do not have accompanying Jeuno quests like the previous ones.

RoE Quest #5 - Golden Rule: Need to Raise/Arise someone. This quest is repeatable.

After a number of additional quests (250 total maybe?) you trigger Quest #6

RoE Quest #6 - Impermanence: Trade a Bruised Starfruit and a Faded Crystal to the picture of a Mage holding a Staff in room where you paint with the paintbrush of souls to enter Den of Rancor from Ugglapieh

After a number of additional quests (300 total?) you trigger Quest #7

RoE Quest #7 - Panta Rhei: Trade Siren's Tear, Starfall Tear and Bottle Of Ahriman Tears to the Luck Rune at H-7 in Beaucedine Glacier.

After a number of additional quests (350 total?) you trigger Quest #8

RoE Quest #8 - Leonine Excruciation: Kill Apademek Solo in Abyssea-Uleguerand

After a number of additional quests (393 total?) you trigger Quest #9

RoE Quest #9 - Shiver Me Timbers: Kill Dimgruzub (ToAU VW in Arrapago Reef) Solo

Like I said before you CAN trigger 5/6/7/8 all at the same time (or maybe it was 6/7/8 after you complete #5) if you have completed the requisite number of quests and they can be completed in any order. For #9 at this time you need to have nearly everything else completed so it wont trigger unless you have some of the lesser quests done.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thank you VERY much for this info. Much appreciated.

Atticusu

Quest 6 is indeed 250, just triggered it.

Campaign
    BG Level

393 sure is a strange number to trigger a quest.
    How many of the RoE quests are the "kill NMs" quest?

It's pretty hypocritical of them to say that Killing NMs was meant to be something not "necessary" or just to do it "when it happens", and then bind these #quests behind triggers which actually *REQUIRE* you to do those very quests.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    It's pretty hypocritical of them to say that Killing NMs was meant to be something not "necessary" or just to do it "when it happens", and then bind these #quests behind triggers which actually *REQUIRE* you to do those very quests.
    So what you're saying is typical SE...?

Campaign
    BG Level

Touchè
    Truth be said though, they kinda changed their approach over the last year. Compare it to, say, the one they used to have 6+ years ago.
    Times have changed, I guess they've been kinda forced to change as well, at least a bit.

It's in light of these small changes that something like this looks even more "out of place" than it would have, say, 4 years ago.