BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Records of Eminence     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Pretty much any zone you can kill things quickly that drop crystals. Set 200 mob, 500+ damage, relevant crystal(s) and go to town. Can set any additional quests that apply to whatever zone you're doing like 5 adoulin mobs or 10 insert old zone here mobs; geodes/avatarites if the zone has frequent weather. There's also monstrosity lvl capped in buburimu, though it's harder to get 500+ damage for a lot of monsters there.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    There's also monstrosity lvl capped in buburimu, though it's harder to get 500+ damage for a lot of monsters there.
    If you have a blm mob you can 1 shot pretty much anything with stone II and get the 500 dmg which is kinda nice

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Yeah, I've read that before but was never able to replicate it. I think I just have crappy nuking instincts.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Also some blm mobs just have crappy base int

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Twitheyrms in Razkanar are a drg's dream. 114-116, 2500ish exp per kill, i mostly use sonic thrust and try to hit a nearby one by aligning myself since it does like 4-6k in a linear aoe and takes off 40-60% hp. Drops wind crystals, perma dark weather so also fenrirites and geodes, the twitheyrms are also a trial mob. Weak to piercing so every attack does 600-700 which helps for trial, sub sam for hasso and get haste/marches from trusts, perma attack cap. Also twitheryrm tp moves are weak as fuck. They have an annoying blind silence para tp move that hits trusts but caps at 30s and rarely use since 1 ws usually takes off more than half, slice and dice is weak and the choke one is weak too. The fluturini palling salvo move is like 80/tick bio which can be annoying but manageable by resummoning trust. Any thf, polearm sam or melee in general(piercing does better) does well on those mobs and their eva is low enough to use meat and hit without much acc with the 115 oat wkr weapons too. Ive done it on blu too and i tear them up as well. Theres 2 twitheryrm room and they can only hold like 1 person each, theres maybe 8-10 mobs and they die in like 10 seconds each. Cp is moderate, about 180-300 depending on chain, but great for sparks.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Haborym View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a right thread but:
    If I wanted to farm sparks, what would be the ideal setup/zone to maximize sparks/hour?
    If you have a dagger job, RR/GH/SS will push crits from an item level dagger over 500, so Abyssea will get you through 500+ damage trials in minutes.

Stonega spam in Boyahda is also popular, but killing stuff with pure AoE denies you a lot of drops, which you may or may not care about.

EDIT: The big problem with this whole line of questioning is that the answer can change depending on what you have available and what your other priorities are, but in general:

1) if a dual-wielder, Abyssea

2) if a two-hander (regular attacks hit/crit for over 500 without atma assistance), Adoulin

3) if a mage, Stonega spam in Boyahda

4) if none of these, Abyssea or Monstrosity

Ultimately, you have enough flexibility in these options to target specific things you need on top of Sparks, like drops or XP; this is the system's intention.

Just to add some info to the thread.
    Current Cap as of September update appears to be 573. There were Copper Voucher rewards for JoL, Omega, Ultima and no other rewards for any other mobs/objectives. No new quests from Nantoto since Go with the Flow.

For casual mode farming, I find Rala Waterways isn't bad as a THF. Pop into it at the entry nearest the Western Adoulin waterfront, there's Diremites sitting there the second you cross the first sluice gate. I just set up the usual damage/take damage/heal/daily ones, wind crystals, and the "kill 5 Diremites" and go to town. Of course, if there's "kill vermin", "exp", or "seals" this works with those too. Two hours in there was 13K in sparks, a bunch of merit points, and piles of bloodthread (10-15k/stack) + avatar blood (3600 or so to vendor). And that was with the seals daily challenge not popping till midway through.

There's certainly better, but that's as lazy as it gets IMHO.

One other note,
    For the Limbus Chip RoE, you only have to be in "zone" to get credit. To clarify this as an example, I was doing dual runs with a friend. One of us would do A-NW and the other would do A-SW and we would party up after we started our separate runs. Since the pool is shared, we both got credit when a run ended regardless of weather the other was still mid run or in the lobby.

Current Cap as of October Patch is 604. There were no additional rewards for the ZNM RoE. No additional quests in Jeuno.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I wonder when SE is going to get us set more active objectives.

Back last year, there were ~85 repeatable objectives, and we could set 15 active at any time.
    Today there are over 300 repeatable objectives, and we still can only have 15 active at any given time.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not to mention 3 daily RoEs that take up those 15 each day. Im tired of SE and their fucken caps in this game

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

You only get a voucher for the first Daily RoE quest you finish per day. And then there's the 3 timed RoE that most people are going to run into 1 a day at most. So yeah you'd want at least 2 free slots a day. I'd like it if they'd raise the cap too since I only set some of the crystals, 200 mobs, 500 damage, daily, timed, and anything else applicable to what I'm doing such as 5 X mob or 10 mobs in Y zone. Would be nice to keep avatrites/geodes up, at least the common ones, and the rest of the crystals. I remember it took a really long time for SE to raise the cap on Magian trials set, despite people griping about it for a while.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The worst is that there are 24 different repeatable ones that are possible drops from any high level xp mob (with the applicable element day or weather)

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by dannyl View Post
    Not to mention 3 daily RoEs that take up those 15 each day. Im tired of SE and their fucken caps in this game
    The funny thing is, I'm pretty sure i was 15/15 with normal ones before, and getting the daily one put it at 16/15. But yeah, if you're not maxed out, it wastes a spot. =/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    The funny thing is, I'm pretty sure i was 15/15 with normal ones before, and getting the daily one put it at 16/15. But yeah, if you're not maxed out, it wastes a spot. =/
    The time limit daily one doesn't count to the 15 and is accepted automatically. The 3 dailies do however

TBH, I never understood why they didn't just make 3 more "blue" slots for the daily ones and have them always auto-load.
    Having to mechanically set the "kill30things" one every day is... Tiresome. To say the least.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    The time limit daily one doesn't count to the 15 and is accepted automatically. The 3 dailies do however
    Oops, completely misread that, my bad lol.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Nothing rly useful but funny fact:

Had my +46% CP cape on when exiting an Orb BC on NORMAL. Got 1022 CP instead of the normal 700.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well that is interesting... wonder if it works on reives too