Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 113 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 ... LastLast

Thread: Trusts     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Rahal also uses Sentinal and Enlight, but yeah the tp holding thing is the biggest let down of him. Cid is basicly Luzaf but for Light skillchains.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Azat View Post
    . Cid is basicly Luzaf but for Light skillchains.
    And teeth don't forget the teeth

http://lyndsay.designersroom.net/vag...tos/teeth2.jpg

Campaign
    BG Level

That reminds me I have a reaaaally cool fanart of Cid and his assistant Galka :Q__ _

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Well i took my 99 pld to xarc to try and see some trust action. fights were of course short. I just ran up and hit or maybe flashed and hit and turned. Rahal provoked first thing the first battle. i didnt notice voke after that but i wasnt watchin for it really. i did see some flash and phalanx and enlight action tho. i saw cid hexastrike but was mostly watchin Koru.

Koru refreshed 2 himself. then he haste2 me, well he tried but mob died while casting. and we know how trusts cant finish casting if the mob dies (its crazy i know). so the next fight he phalanx2 me (rahal phalaned himself) and then tried to haste 2 me. Well you guessed it the mob died while casting. The mobs were spread out enuf that by the time id get a hit in on a new mob he would always cast something like refresh phalanx or shell (i assume cause they wore off bythen), then the second spell was ALWAYS haste 2 (not always on me) that usually didnt get fully casted cause of weak mobs. So on higher end mobs does he not always cast haste2 2nd?

Koru casted Flurry II on me as corsair using ranged.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I prefer Ferreous Coffin over Kupipi or Mihli; he does decent damage, and his 2/tic innate refresh actually helps his longevity a bit. You can just summon Mihli/Kupipi for the first battle, then replace them with Koru and go from there.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

That's another thing. Koru has a native 3 MP/tick from full Wayfarer's set. He then casts Refresh II on himself and has 9 MP/tick.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Dang... how's he melee?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I don't think he melees. It's kind of hard to tell because he pretty much is chaincasting all the time.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

He might as well not melee, but he can. Besides constantly casting, his damage per hit is pretty terrible. Loses parse to Joachim.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I don't think he melees. It's kind of hard to tell because he pretty much is chaincasting all the time.
    I might be wrong (hard to tell just like you said) but I *think* I've seen him melee a couple of swings every now and then.
    He's usually busy casting spells though and, supposing he can really melee, he seems to have a smaller range than other NPCs (like Kupipi)

As already mentioned by other people once engaged he doesn't move at all btw.

Koru-Moru actually melees??
    Used him on 5 Behemoths and not once was "Koru-Moru deals X damage" in the log AT ALL...
    Not that I'm complaining... But I did find it odd that he has an attack stance when he doesn't attack... Maybe I've bugged him? W/e not like I'm missing anything.

And it's really good to know that he Flurries... Though I'm curious how they coded it... If it's a job check... Which looks like how he determines refresh... I wonder if they added SAM to it? (Wanting to cap archery there and don't want to level RNG past 50.)

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    That reminds me I have a reaaaally cool fanart of Cid and his assistant Galka :Q__ _
    I know that fan art that you speak of... And I am a fan. ;3

Campaign
    BG Level

Oh you big, wild, kinky devil you ;3

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Koru-Moru has a melee stance when summoned and never melees that I've noticed

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

don't the majority of trusts lack idle stances? i don't remember them all, but i know ferrous coffin for example always has his weapon drawn no matter what.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Like most of them, he melees if the mob is close. Which isnt often because of how he stays put out of range usually. I have witnessed a couple melees.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yah but if they do not melee at all they will never have a weapon drawn... like Joachim, Ulmia, Cherukiki, etc. If he has a weapon drawn, he will melee, no matter how terrible it may be.

Campaign
    BG Level

A way to better test his melee range would be to go RDM against a target with a single Trust out (Koru-Moru).
    Cast on yourself and on the target all the spells he would normall cast and his AI will be left in idle mode, that should prioritize melee hits, if he's in range.

Cid's actually a fun ranged DD, IMHO. But Koru-Moru + Kupipi is a really rock solid support group. I do need to try him with that annoying runt of a Taru brat from CoP, too.

You could also hang out near Anticans or the like and see what happens when he gets AoE Silenced. He should start swinging at that point, right?