+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 113 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast

Thread: Trusts     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    her light/dark bellatrix things are likely just light/dark arts.
    Idk about that, she only casts enfeebles under bellatrix of shadows, and 3/4 of the ones she uses are white magic.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Idk about that, she only casts enfeebles under bellatrix of shadows, and 3/4 of the ones she uses are white magic.
    Maybe it's similar to arts but more of an offensive/defensive thing?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Nah she has normal mp costs. As far as I can tell they are basically just addendum enhancing and addendum enfeebling that her spells/ws are locked behind, but it seems silly since her spell list is pretty small anyways.

Someone put on the wiki that they switch her auto-attack between light/dark elemental damage, but who knows if they tested it. Her damage output even on an EP mob is crap anyways.

Umbrils could be an easy test for that since they take 2~4x light damage.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Worth mentioning that Lyncath is an Idris GEO.

Results, assuming that he's using Indi-Acumen and Geo-Malaise, won't be as good with other jobs but still; that's a neat thing to know she can hit that hard. Wonder how well she does against higher level stuff though.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

It's magic damage but I don't think she changes elements. She always defaults to bellatrix of shadows when buffs are up (even when all enfeebles are already up and she just casted a buff, she'll switch back to shadows), but her damage on umbrils/undead was actually the same in light the times I was able to get her to attack during it. It's probably non-elemental.

I wasn't able to push her damage anywhere near that on real mobs. On DC stuff with malaise + acumen (no star sibyl or JAs) she was hitting for around 700. Geo spells are maxed I think besides idris and andoulin reward ring.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The Idris would easily make up the difference you see.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    The Idris would easily make up the difference you see.
    Actually it wouldn't by itself. 700 to 1700 is an increase of 143%. The difference between no geo at all and regular acumen/malaise from an Idris would only be a 179% increase. I can't find numbers on post update dunna malaise/acumen but I can assure you the difference between them isn't that huge otherwise that would make normal malaise +5 geomancy do much less than just the extra 5 geomancy from idris which doesn't make sense. He probably used a ja or 2, and he clearly has start sibyl out and I imagine there might be some weird resist stuff with it

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Edit: misread.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Arciela was a disappointing NPC. She has this legendary sword yet she never uses it in combat. I kinda thought she would be a RUN when I first saw her because she's called a Swordmaiden in cutscene and her armored skirt has runes on it. Yet in combat I think she's a RDM or something.
    If I had Shining Finger, I probably wouldn't screw with swords either. That dagger's probably just good for a Thundercat rally anyways.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui
    Arciela is a support-type alter ego and she was made based on how she moves during Adoulin missions. In terms of special characteristics, she will switch between two different modes and also has intelligence that prioritizes the support of the player who summoned her. This intelligence will be expressed through a system where your reputation with her will change through Adoulin missions.
    So might this mean that those random questions where you were allowed to perv on her might have an effect on your trust with her?

Campaign
    BG Level

Doesn't completely make sense to me, but that's the only think I could think of as well.
    Considering how you cannot change/improve those things once done, it's really lame if that's really how things are though.

I think Kincard said that it was just a representation and not mechanical?
    But I actually like it better if it is...
    Be a sexist pig fapping to Arciela's boobs, get a Trust that does... Something. (I'd assume favor's enfeebling and attacking over buffing)
    Be a decent human being (or gay/straight woman) and get a Trust that does something else! (Assumedly favoring buffing and healing to attacks and enfeebles.)

It's like getting a different date in FF7. A cute little representation of your actions.
    And I always enjoy when player agency has consequence to it.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

She doesn't have cure, so the only real difference that would be is casting para/slow before haste/refresh. I doubt the dialogue choice 'reputation' does anything thou.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    I think Kincard said that it was just a representation and not mechanical?
    But I actually like it better if it is...
    Be a sexist pig fapping to Arciela's boobs, get a Trust that does... Something. (I'd assume favor's enfeebling and attacking over buffing)
    Be a decent human being (or gay/straight woman) and get a Trust that does something else! (Assumedly favoring buffing and healing to attacks and enfeebles.)

It's like getting a different date in FF7. A cute little representation of your actions.
    And I always enjoy when player agency has consequence to it.
    There's a big hole in your theory in that in some cutscenes we aren't allowed to pick the non pervy options

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Huh, I don't remember that. Maybe you get locked into your choice based on previous choices? Do you remember which CS/mission that was in?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Maybe a couple but SE definitely said there would be an effect on her affection on the ones you did have a choice on. And yeah I think originally they said it would have no real effect other than her affection but then her trust didn't exist back then and now it seems like they are saying it has an effect

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    Huh, I don't remember that. Maybe you get locked into your choice based on previous choices? Do you remember which CS/mission that was in?
    Mission 2-2. It's locked on stare at her lips, then tits, then ass, then finally look at her sword if i recall it correctly. I remember being annoyed at that when it first came out.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Mission 2-2. It's locked on stare at her lips, then tits, then ass, then finally look at her sword if i recall it correctly. I remember being annoyed at that when it first came out.
    Don't know about the English translation, but in the Japanese version you can pick face, breasts or hips. Picking hips causes you to look at the sword, as that's where the sword is, so you only have yourself to blame if you offend the princess! Unless they patched it, of course.