Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by EjinCaitsith View Post
    Does Hume really only use Mijin at 1% HP or was that a fluke for us?
    Did 3 runs, each time it Mijin'd at 2% and he was whittled from 5-2%, so it wasn't he hit 5%, suddenly 2% and boom.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Fake View Post
    MR on very difficult is a complete joke with rngs and pld.
    I'm presuming that while the AA's may cheat with 2hr usage in regards to timers, the rules surrounding familiar/charm are the same (MR cant charm if pet is out?)

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    I'm presuming that while the AA's may cheat with 2hr usage in regards to timers, the rules surrounding familiar/charm are the same (MR cant charm if pet is out?)
    If i recall, she can charm whenever, like the original AA Mithra did.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Yes MR will charm with pet out, usually between 50-25% and only does it once, same with perfect dodge. It only lasts 60 seconds, depending on your setup you can kite MR to range weaponskills until its off (it runs fast so it will still melee the kiter).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

If you're using RNG and a COR: Shadowbind > RD > Shadowbind > WC Shadowbind will buy you 2min 15 seconds, 4min 30sec if you use 2 RNG.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Charms despite pet appearance.

Edit: GDI.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Hume, Very Hard, Ranger method.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/2130/i2f6.png

By far the easiest of all the very hard using the RNG method. Ochain could probably tank it in their sleep and SV preludes or special acc sets aren't needed to hit it outside of sushi.

We did 2 in a row and both dropped grip x2, but only 1 dropped coral. I think that makes us around 2/7 on materials from very hard.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Seems rng rng ochain brd cor whm seems to be a flawless winning formula?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Aegis required for any of these?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

did divine might on normal, pretty easy. Got puppet thingy, i119 and +89 to robot stats.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

That's the only thing that dropped that wasn't Rem's chapters?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Hume, Very Hard, Ranger method.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/2130/i2f6.png

By far the easiest of all the very hard using the RNG method. Ochain could probably tank it in their sleep and SV preludes or special acc sets aren't needed to hit it outside of sushi.

We did 2 in a row and both dropped grip x2, but only 1 dropped coral. I think that makes us around 2/7 on materials from very hard.
    So which songs are you doing then? We had a very different experience in that fight. Seeing as you cleared it in 18m, that's interesting. Same setup or did you add a 3rd ranger or something.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

That fight was only 18min because Martel forgot the KI and had to warp out and get them(You can still enter if you don't have KI as long as you're in the party at the time the first person enters as long as you don't engage the NM). I'd say the fight takes around 10-12min using 2 RNG as DD.

In terms of difficulty using the RNG method I'd say it's something like TT>>>EV>>MR>GK>HM.

TT is just a little asshole with sleepga on its nearest target(usually a RNG) and then meteor right after. On the bright side it only has access to meteor when Manafont is up, which it seems to only use once per a fight. We managed to get it to 2% tonight, so I expect to win soon, but it's certainly the hardest of them all with all the warping/running around killing RNG's DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    Aegis required for any of these?
    Martel can answer this way better than I can, so maybe he will chime in, but I believe Aegis is needed for TT, MR(cloudsplitter mode) for the very hard BCs with RNG setup.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

TT apparently cant leave the circular battlefield, atleast at 75 version. How about trying with the pld at the border of the battlefield. it doesnt draw in, does it?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

It can't, but it warps around every few seconds and in random spots, so staying at the stairs will make you out of range for longer than you can afford DPS-wise.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Martel can answer this way better than I can, so maybe he will chime in, but I believe Aegis is needed for TT, MR(cloudsplitter mode) for the very hard BCs with RNG setup.
    Yeah, Aegis for mithra, last 25%. Ochain till then. Even if cloudsplitter didn't one shot you, a Cloudsplitter->Cloudsplitter->Darkness probably would finish you.

You could maybe get away without Aegis on TT, But those nukes do hurt. Maybe Shadows for single target(But enmity generation sucks /nin, and the RNGs can't decoy the mob warping all over.) For -ga's, preemptive cureskin maybe. For meteor, you could just pop fealty when you see manafont. And TT doesn't dispel or anything.

A weird thing about TT. Amon drive, is Physical, target centered AoE DMG. And it is shield blockable, preventing the para/petrify effect..... except when you're far away from TT. When ever I wasn't in melee range, It when unblocked, like it was hitting me in the back or something. So you can prevent it, but only if your close. Really weird.

Last use for Aegis would be the last 5% of Hume. To keep Mijin from flattening you. Again, Ochain till then.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    TT apparently cant leave the circular battlefield, atleast at 75 version. How about trying with the pld at the border of the battlefield. it doesnt draw in, does it?
    I ran to the far edge of the BC once to draw meteor aoe away. After he cast, he warped to the other end of the BC from me.... Dropped a nuke on my WHM(oneshotting him) then deagro'd and went idle.... It may function a lot like zoning, If the mob can't find you when it checks, hate reset. Kinda a problem.

Could maybe go a little off to one side, but I'd have to keep him in casting range no matter where he warps. As big as the room is, that doesn't let me go very far.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

couple of rng notes from galka, elvaan, and hume tonight, all on normal (setup was pld mnk/nin x2 rng/war brd whm):

decoy shot and camouflage was plenty to never pull hate with ajjub bow if you don't have ilvl relic.
    i tried oxidant bolts for a bit, but defense down duration was so short (<1 minute) it wasn't really worth it.
    was within 2-3% dmg on parse of the mnks on galka and elvaan, and lead hume by about the same amount.

all very safe and easy fights

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Alright so a bit of information from tonight. NOTHING GROUND BREAKING .. But

Hume, Mithra, Galka, Elvaan All very Tough 4/4 wins.
    Yoichi Rng x2
    Ochain Pld
    Whm
    Brd (2 song non ghorn... Mithra had 4 song Ghorn Bard in place)
    Smn

Mithra didn't even knock the PLD to yellow HP using cloudsplitters to make darkness... Earthen Armor + Scherzo + Lightning carol II / I + some MDB**(edit) on Ochain pld. (Surprisingly worked perfectly)

Hume's Mijin gakure @ 2~3% .. Ea + Scherzo blocked it no one dropped below half.

Elvaan downed in 15 minutes nothing noteable here.

Galka .. pld died @ 1% due to buffs wearing off and bad timed weapon skills from galka but still won right after!

Each fight had PRE BUFFS from a 4 Song Ghorn Bard + Corsair (Coursers roll + Hunters) <<< usually helped start us off fast.

119 Katana from Mithra, 119 Gaxe from Hume I think don't really remember. And so continues my quest to find the satchet outside of Divine might! (Gratz to those who beat its normal mode!)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    That's the only thing that dropped that wasn't Rem's chapters?
    the 5NMs drop stuff too as you kill them, but yeah just the divinator i119 in the pool for the final kill + mats and cases pouches whatever.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The taru dropped Theurgists slacks as well. 4/5 on upgrade mats, so they're not 100% from DM either. We won in 24 minutes with 16 people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast