Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Solo Salvage Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I got most of the stuff on the rdm gear list and plan to do first run today. I looked at bgwiki and the number of routes possible is overwhelming O.o. Does it make any difference?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Idk what zone you are planning on doing, I personally farm AR2 like this, First floor kill for unlock and skip to second, second floor kill lamias and go to third floor, third floor get unlocks kill Acrolith and Chigoe(south), fourth floor skip, 5th floor farm alex, 6th floor baby khim once armored chariot is dead, 7th floor big khim.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I finished all my ritualistic plans now, so also switched to Arrapago. It does seem to be the best zone. 5th floor is around 40 alex, plus what you can get from the bosses. I have been including the first floor Chigoe since I pull the whole wing and kill it with AoE (spinning attack) to save time. Extra chance at a cotton purse so why not...

I figured hey why not try this run on THF/DNC since PUP/THF clears it so easily, how bad can more TH can be? Unfortunately THF is a slow DD and I wasn't able to kill the 6th floor chariot in under 3 minutes, so no megaboss. URGH. The extra TH didn't seem to increase my alex count by more than 1-3. Maybe using red curry... but yeah THF is slow since the boss depends on kill speed.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Yes, THF's TH won't make or break the alex drop rate, and thief alone with no buffs (self-buffs even) it's really not that great of a DD/Soloer in timed instances, not to mention that when you do get hit by AoEs of gears/Rail Cannon you still take considerable dmg, thus spending TP on healing and less WSsing.

That being said, THF can do it with food, MDT set, and a regen set, and meds for paralyze, but it takes a long time and more focus than other simple alternatives, but if that's all you got.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

What salvage gear is still relevant nowadays in the ilevel craze?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    What salvage gear is still relevant nowadays in the ilevel craze?
    I think some marduk is still relevant for brd and or smn (not sure), the rest ugh... there is nothing that comes to mind :/ oh wait skadi feet for movement +

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

A few situational pieces but yeah I'm just doing them for completions sake. In my case, I spent years of my life completing Usukane for my puppetmaster over 800 salvage runs back when it was hard as hell 5+ years ago.

It's a tribute to that effort to +1 it now, and finish what I started with my LS back then for Kenkonken. I'm gonna be one nostalgic motherfucker wearing my Usu+1 with Kenkonken in town.

For pup, the omodaka legs are still decent for a pet piece, marginally better than even the Foire set.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    I think some marduk is still relevant for brd and or smn (not sure), the rest ugh... there is nothing that comes to mind :/ oh wait skadi feet for movement +
    Legs are still being used for the Song Duration.
    The Body+Hands combination is still nice for precast, but there are now better options.

Feet are still the best option for SMN skill (+1 over the fucking fairy boots which never drop, Rubeus), head isn't anymore with the Convoker out. Uhm... I think legs are also nice for +skill.

@Streak
    With the huge amount of Pet Haste that Foire gives you I'm pretty confident you wouldn't want to use Omodaka legs anymore even in Pet builds. Unless you didn't have Turbo Charger maybe.
    Thumb up for KKK + Usukane in town tho, looks gorgeous :D

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    @Streak
    With the huge amount of Pet Haste that Foire gives you I'm pretty confident you wouldn't want to use Omodaka legs anymore even in Pet builds. Unless you didn't have Turbo Charger maybe.
    Thumb up for KKK + Usukane in town tho, looks gorgeous :D
    This is true, though I have been focussing more on salvage and fishing than on maxing out Foire. Current set up is:

Spurrer Beret +5%
    Foire Body/Feet +6%
    Omo Legs +4%
    Pantin Hands +2 +4%
    Hurch'Lan +5%

23% pet haste, so capped with turbo charger and no wind maneuvers. I only use that set when the puppet is fighting alone of course.

Last night I tried using Valouredge instead of Sharpshot for my Arrapago run. It made it a bit safer for my puppet to hold 8+ mobs at once on floor 5 while I picked them off, but otherwise was definitely slower.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

what's the easier route to obtain ate's cuirass. Is HQ Khim easier than the HQ chairguy? I am going as either DRG or RUN with a WHM mule.

Thank you.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Neither should be a problem. Theres a chance Chairguy will fuck you over with a curse -> thundaga4 combo, but if you have a good mdt set, you should be fine (reliance on runes from RUN wont save you since it can do any element), but khim can equally fuck you over with fulmination (fulm wont kill you, but a full minute of failed paralyna casts will get you killed). For Chairman, if you get cursed, toss a cure3 for cureskin, then remove curse, then cure up.

edit: and sacrifice after cackle, or you probably will get 1shot by any nukes, cursed or not. Forgot about that.

If I had to pick one or the other, I'd fight HQ Khim, especially if you're going RUN. You can at least stack resistance to paralyze and hope for that to proc.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Either way, with all the ilvl gear and a pocket mage, nothing should really pose any problems.

except hydra, fuck hydra, fuck it in its 3 assholes.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

With decent ilvl gear, both will be a joke with a WHM mule in tow - I don't even switch to MDT gear anymore on my MNK mule for chair dude. For chair dude, do what Nynja said. Have sacrifice ready if he does Cackle and it manages to land. For Khim, just DD it and around 30% move your mule out of range between TP moves. Even if you do get hit by it, just PDT up until your mule can get paralyna off.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

for HQ hydra i actually killed without any problem as DRG with WHM mule. Killed about 20 straight time without death. Physical shield is annoying but it doesn't last that long.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I havent done hydra since legit lv99, but I must have had innately shit luck, because it would just spam physical shield over and over on me.

Missed the part about the whm mule. Either zone is easy then. Khim should pose no issues. Chairman could curse >> T5 or Firaga4 before you manage to cursna >> cure, but you can cure for stoneskin prenuke and survive through (should it go unresisted).

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

found a niche use for solo pup's new 1hr on hq cerb pup/thf. rdm auto for chainspell thunder iv worked well, though you'll need remedies and oils to remove ululation paralyze.

my question is for silver sea 2 2nd floor ramparts that you're supposed to link to pop mnk fomors to trigger the rampart for fomor mnk NM. does anyone have a clearer explanation on linking them than what's on wiki? i managed to do it once by running at the 1st rampart as it was approaching the paired one in the corner, but haven't been able to reproduce it since. not sweating a few plans ultimately, but wondering if someone has a better method.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've had an easier time killing khim but I've not seen the Ares body drop from him yet.
    Also- fighting khim from the back eliminates his fulmination, if you're going with a cure mule I've found fighting him that way was much easier
    I've been trying to get skadi legs, running zr2 killing both nq and HQ khim and over the last few weeks haven't seen them.
    Anyone know if it's a rare drop in ssr2 or am I better off staying in zr?
    Edit: fixed zone... Had wrong one listed

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

totally destroyed HQ khim today, dead before using its 3rd tp move. Got the body 1/1, which is karma cuz I was 1/20 on HQ Hydra on Ate Flanchard, so something has to give.