BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Solo Salvage Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I just do Chainspell nuke Stone IV > Convert > Nuke some more. It's usually at about 10% when Chainspell (without augment) wears off, so I just stab it for the rest of the way.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Random question! For original Zhayolm Remnants, the 5th floor frog required 3 people to be fully unlocked to pop. Is this still the same after Salvage requirements dropped to 1 person?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

yes, still requires 3.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I've been told that it can be done solo.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    @celebrindor: first couple times i had cut it close on the chariot until i did this: store tp before you go to fight the chariot. use spontaneity blizzard4 -> dia3 -> saboteur poison 2 -> Requiescat. then just normal melee -> ws -> melee, etc. it down from there. buff before hand to include regen2 so that you don't even worry if stoneskin drops so you don't waste time casting any more spells. after that it never came close again, no nuking other than that first spontaneity nuke needed.
    Tried this attempt, and still didn't come close with time. I'm afraid my melee gear isn't where it needs to be. I'm going to make some tweaks and try a few things again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    I just do Chainspell nuke Stone IV > Convert > Nuke some more. It's usually at about 10% when Chainspell (without augment) wears off, so I just stab it for the rest of the way.
    This is what I'm going to try tonight. If it works, will be method of choice while I improve my melee gear- possibly forever?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

For my undergeared second account that's what I do too. I use pup/war with the RDM puppet and I force the puppet to use chainspell on the 3 min chariot. It makes a big difference and there's really nowhere else you need chainspell. For actual RDM I think the same thing would apply

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

What would be a good class for someone who just came back who never did salvage be to farm alex? I have THF MNK NIN all geared with spark gear. RDM is 99 as well but far from geared/capped skills. Just wondering if its better to invest the time in gearing RDM for better clears or go in with a melee/dnc for this.

THF/DNC is probably the optimal way to go for soloing for Alex. I would probably start off doing NQ SSR while you work on improving your gear, then do SSR II when you feel your gear is more adequate.

Quote Originally Posted by Syntex View Post
    What would be a good class for someone who just came back who never did salvage be to farm alex? I have THF MNK NIN all geared with spark gear. RDM is 99 as well but far from geared/capped skills. Just wondering if its better to invest the time in gearing RDM for better clears or go in with a melee/dnc for this.
    MNK/DNC AR2. I don't think your other jobs would kill the Chariot fast enough to pop the HQ boss, and depending on your gear you may cut it close on monk without proper use of cooldowns. I would imagine you'll be able, and MNK is your best chance.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Is it possible to solo Salvage with SMN? Has anyone tried this?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

It'd probably be a good idea to have a reasonably potent melee build(mostly for time constraints with things like AR2 pre-boss chariot), but otherwise I'm sure it'd be no trouble at all

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well, I gave it a shot and it's not horrible. I have no idea how close I came to timing out but I was able to do every NM.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Able to wipe out the chariot with your pet alone? I may do that just out of laziness

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    Able to wipe out the chariot with your pet alone? I may do that just out of laziness
    I did SSR. Can't charm an avatar...

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    Conduit the Chariot, should explode.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Do Archaic Rampart's need TP to call reinforcements? this Rampart isn't doing it, but it also can't hit Garuda...

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    Do Archaic Rampart's need TP to call reinforcements? this Rampart isn't doing it, but it also can't hit Garuda...
    Yes, they do. Usually they get enough from me smacking it on BLU, I've had to sit there and have them smack me a couple runs though.

And the ones in ARII can use Astral Gate instead of Reinforcements, no idea how or why they do it. I've seen it once.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Is ARII soloaible like AR? Would it drop more alex?

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

ARII should be really easy for SMN, it drops the most alex atm, iirc. If you clear all the gears on the 5th floor.

You can either have your avatar aggro the gears, carby pull them, or sleepga/nightmare them after they spawn.

When you get to floor 6, Conduit the chariot to kill it in 3 minutes, if you don't think you can. Melee+Avatar/BP's might be enough though. Both Khims should be a relatively easy SMN solo, maybe throw Ramuh/Titan at them to make it even easier.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hmm, I'll give it a shot tomorrow and post back the results. Thanks.

EDIT: Wait... if I'm reading the BG wiki correctly, Salvage II requires at least 3 people to enter. Is this out of date or correct, because I don't have alt accounts...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast