+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Solo Salvage Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Solo Salvage Discussion

Since it's been a pain to drag people into salvage for a long time and I'm still working on my mythic, this change is very exciting to me.

Hoping to discuss good strategies for some of the zones.

What's the best zone for Alex? What jobs solo the best (or at all)?

I've been mostly focusing on Bhaflau Remnants II since I still need more ritualistic plans.

Day one was MNK+WHM dual box. Was a full clear including every mob on floor 3. Resulting in only 99 alexandrites since no cottons dropped and no TH and no double linen.

Day two was BLU/RDM solo. Was not able to full clear, wiped on boss below 25% but I think if I made better use of my defensive sets I could probably do it.

I am thinking of trying THF/DNC + BLM/WHM to cover more bases for the boss and adding TH.

What are other people trying?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I just did DNC/WAR solo in BR2. I killed NQ cerb but spikes were a pain. Orthrus Seether proceeded to hand my ass to me via spikes too. I'm going to try again, this time /RUN for Barfire + Runes + Vallation if thats available. I think snagging pro/shell III scrols from Peacekeepers would have helped, too.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I was considering dnc too but relying on only Aolian Edge to deal magic damage seemed very limiting.

Lack of shell V, good barfire and strong regen makes dealing with cerb hurt a LOT. That's why I tried /rdm but it still wasn't enough.

I am guessing RUN/RDM could probably handle the fire damage but probably would suffer from physical damage. I've done RUN+WHM before the update and it was the slowest job ever in Salvage. Took years to finish that run, even if it was pretty stress free.

Never done neo salvage before, but maybe pup would do well? It's got a pocket whm for shell V, cure IV and teir IV nukes if you dont need much healing, or cure VI if you do. Could still go /run for runes and vallation (you get it as a sub, yes), and pup can equip the TH tarutaru sash, so i guess there's that too. Or you might be able to get away with /thf if cures, regen IV, and shell V is enough to keep you alive.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've tried pup but never solo. The puppet utterly destroys the Dvergr boss but isn't as effective against Cerb unless you use the BLM puppet... but it can't tank and get off its nukes without being interrupted. I don't know if /RUN is good enough for magic damage, but it could be worth a try.

In the end pup was good but mnk just did the same thing better with formless strikes. Both required a healer in order to function and do both physical/magical damage.

But for the Dvergr zone, definitely voting for pup.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I wasn't thinking of /RUN for the enspell, was more for the def against spikes/fire dmg

Pld is able to solo farm SSR2, all mobs with 100% drop on Alex (~25Alex), NQ boss, HQ boss, in around 70 minutes. Aegis needed for bosses, Ochain recommended for faster farming. Eventually the bosses run out of MP and stop casting, I'd say after 6~ minutes.

Haven't tried any other zones, but if it's able to down the 3 gears in time to pop cerberus and get the HQ boss I imagine it would be able to do that easily as well.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

RDM can solo SSR2 including boss with Beatific Shield, pretty quick run too at that. But I figure the most efficient for raw alex gain is AR2 and again as RDM for myself I've heard people doing it just fine as RUN/RDM as well.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

jobs with requiescat destroy the cerb. i think blu rdm or run are best suited for it. blu is definitly the best choice due to being able to set TH

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

RDM does fine in all zones. Best are SSR2 if you wanna speed through and just kill for linen, or AR2 if you wanna farm gears. I personally do RDM/THF AR2, takes 1hr to clear, farming all gears and chariots + NQ/HQ, very safe too, even when I have a rampart + 7 triple gear mobs on me, I've never been in danger and the Khim bosses were a joke before iLVL gear, now they are even easier, fullmination paralyze never procs on me, it doesn't breaks stoneskin etc.

This was my best run yet killing all the archaic mobs in AR2 and best Linen yield x2:

Spoiler: show

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

What kinda gears does melee rdm use for that?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Buramenk'ah/genbu's shield (I change to Beatific Shield for NQ/HQ boss)/Jukukik Feather
    Espial Cap/Asperity Necklace/steelflash/bladeborn earrings
    hagondes/buremte gloves/rajas/K'ayres ring
    Atheling/Celt Belt/Hagondes/Hagondes

Nahtirah hat/Soil gorget/Brutal/Moonshade (TP bonus augment)
    xxx/xxx/Aquasoul x2
    xxx/soil belt/xxx/xxx

1st is what I TP in, 2nd is for Requiescat, only listed the gear that changes, the rest is the same from TP. In addition to that, I have a 500-something else enhancing set for Temper, Enspells, Phalanx and Gain-Spells. AF119 feet would be good to TP in, I haven't looked into most of the new gear, but I'm sure there's an odd piece that might be best in slot from what I'm using atm, needlessly to say, what I'm using lets me watch TV while I mindless farm Gears without paying much attention.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Seol View Post
    (I change to beneficus for NQ/HQ boss)
    Beneficus is WHM only though. Were you thinking of something else?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Yes, Beatific shield lol.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

What's the best and easiest way to obtain Ate's Flanchard? All jobs are in signature.

If anything, I would prefer going Drg, Drg, or Run. For Rdm, I have a melee set but not much skirmish gears so I am not sure if I will be able to take too many hits.

Thank you.

can u use Trusts in salvage?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Cant use them in Limbus, so I'm gonna wager no.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    What's the best and easiest way to obtain Ate's Flanchard? All jobs are in signature.

If anything, I would prefer going Drg, Drg, or Run. For Rdm, I have a melee set but not much skirmish gears so I am not sure if I will be able to take too many hits.

Thank you.
    So far I've never heard mention of any single job soloing HQ cerberus, NQ is possible but tough. I would put my money on PLD, RDM or RUN, perhaps using /NIN.

You need to ability to deal a reasonable amount of both physical and magical damage. This means nukes and/or Requiescat which all three jobs can use. RUN doesn't have access to cures, just regen IV, so you may want some temps.

Seriously though, it is such a joke on MNK (because of formless) and it dies so quickly I am starting to think a MNK/DNC may be able to do it...

One thing to note is that Cerberus seems to use a TP move each time it takes magical damage (ie it spams TP moves non-stop with formless on) which can be either a blessing or a curse but needs to be considered.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Any job with barspells/shell IV+, requiescat and blu can mow through Cerb NQ and HQ. RDM being the easiest, since you can dispel spikes and enfeeble it, then PLD and RUN.

As an update, I've been doing AR2 as PUP/THF and it's way faster than RDM, 15-20mins faster, but gotta be super cautious about it and change to different frames as needed, need a mdt set too. Mage frame for starting floors while you unlock equipment/stats, RNG frame for rampart/gears/chariots farming, RNG frame destroys gears and is able to tank all gears at once with some skill, but it's best to pull 2-3 at once, as having all 7 on you slows you down a lot. For NQ/HQ Khim change to whm frame, average time is 40-50 mins farming all the alexandrite mobs and bosses.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I didn't mention having a whm mule. So I tried the hydra zone last night on DRG and cleared without much problem. It is probably the worst zone for drg since u don't get armor until floor 5. But yes, without the whm mule I wouldn't have won. Both hydra dropped ate gauntlets....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast