1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 59 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 7 hours, 59 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    Banned.

BG Level

Titan Extreme Mode preview

Recorded from the Live Letter, this is the Devs attempt at Extreme Mode Titan.

Old Merits
    BG Level

It's everything I hoped it would be.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tieffy Wieffy
    FFXIV Server
    Gungnir
    FFXI Server
    Odin

That Escalated quickly....

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Mt Buster applies a stacking debuff. Guess they don't want us to single tank him, lol.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Despite the fact they wiped both times on Phase 2 very quickly, it doesn't actually look that hard. Looks like there's some tank swapping mechanics since Rock/Mountain Buster both apply a stacking debuff like Turn 2, bit of a DPS check on jails maybe. Rest is just avoiding shit, same as hard mode.

Will have to wait and see how the later phases with adds and stuff are I guess.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Alkimi View Post
    Despite the fact they wiped both times on Phase 2 very quickly, it doesn't actually look that hard. Looks like there's some tank swapping mechanics since Rock/Mountain Buster both apply a stacking debuff like Turn 2, bit of a DPS check on jails maybe. Rest is just avoiding shit, same as hard mode.

Will have to wait and see how the later phases with adds and stuff are I guess.
    If you don't break the double Gaols they explode (basically similar to Conflagration) and kill those inside (and maybe those near them?). They seem to be linked to maybe the distance between them has some effect on how much time you have to destroy them.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    It's Shwtym
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Not sure why nothing is showing in the op D:

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm wondering if there's a way to avoid the Sumo-Stomp. The original speculation of LoS with the gaols doesn't seem to work.

Either way the fight seems pretty intense, and it makes me wonder how we're going to handle the Titan adds since there's a debuff on Mountain Buster.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Observations:

Phase 1: landslide > plumes > buster > stomps (4) > landslide > buster > plumes > buster > landslide (> jump; unsure if that's all just [part of?] a longer rotation or if this has some randomization now, would assume the former)

Phase 2: 3x landslide > [buster + 2x gaol] > sumo stomp > 3x landslide > [gaols blew up + stomps] (> wiped lol)

-Mountain Buster applies vulnerability up (mentioned in above posts)
    -Gaol doesn't seem to apply determination down, but kills those inside if they aren't freed (like conflags, also mentioned above)
    -Sumo stomp is pretty much like Ifrit's knockback with a chargeup; tank moves to Titan's rear to avoid getting knocked off

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Either the gaols lessen the knockback of the new Stomp or you just have to be closer to Titan to not get knocked off completely. If it's the latter, it's possible gaols also function as a way to reduce damage.

Based on both attempts that they streamed, his rotation was the same so it's looking like it's a completely scripted fight again.

I'm looking forward healing this, it looks fun as fuck.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Not looking forward to 2 Paladin tanking this in a PUG scenario -- asking off/co-tank to SIT STILL AND DO NOTHING (temporarily) is extremely hard/asking for too much sometimes... at least WARs can swap their rotations, if some are clever enough to have thought to do so.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Not looking forward to 2 Paladin tanking this in a PUG scenario -- asking off/co-tank to SIT STILL AND DO NOTHING (temporarily) is extremely hard/asking for too much sometimes... at least WARs can swap their rotations, if some are clever enough to have thought to do so.
    Have the OT PLD use Riot Blade combo and spam Stoneskin. That's how we do it for Turn 2 currently with 2x PLD. Helps mitigate some damage for the MT and allows the OT to continue to DPS w/o pulling hate.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

haha I forgot about Riot Blade at the time of posting (and that is what I usually use for the first 10 odd seconds of when I'm not main tanking) -- I guess due to the 2 step nature of it, I didn't consider it a combo

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Well they are buffing enmity boost on Shield Oath so maybe you can run sword and wont be so close with rage combo anymore?

Vuitton

Did he summon his 2 clones in this video? I didn't see them.