BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Back from seeing it..

Spoiler: show
    It is a powerful film. I haven't been moved by a movie like that sinse.. I don't know. As we were leaving the theater I heard a man comparing it to 2001: A Space Odyssey. I can see that. When that movie was released some people hated it. Now it is considered a classic. This could be the 2001 of our time. I do have some really big problems with some of the science (lol being able to escape the gravity of a black hole or even being able to get close to it without being instantly dead) but the story telling and the acting made up for it. The music was pretty amazing too. That one track. I don't know what it is.. that sounds like Dracula's pipe organ.. I want the soundtrack just for that ha ha. I am guessing a lot of people are not going to like it cause it got all metaphysical there at the end but I don't think they could have made it compelling story if it was strictly scientific.
    if it would have ended with McConaughey dying in the black hole and the robot sending the black hole data back to the daughter with Hathaway's character making it to the planet and everyone from earth soon following, I think it would have been am excellent ending. I think they played the relativity card well enough with the black guy waiting 23 years for them to get off the planet, they didn't need to McConaughey/daughter ending

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Did you guys watch it in IMAX?

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Just got back from it.

Fantastic fucking movie. The soundtrack was amazing and the acting was phenomenal. Wifey got mad at me because I called out the "they" were themselves like 20 minutes into the movie lol. If I have any complaints it'd be two; Matthew McConaughey's god damn mumbling, and that the whole cringe-worthy betrayal act should've been deleted from the film.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

movie of the yr?

highly doubtful

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

I'm confused they are jizzing about it in 4chan as the best ever. a quote
    saw it last night and the story line and the fucking ambient music just.. FUCK
    I have no words for this masterwork

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I get through reading half of ya'll spoilers before I close my eyes and scroll up. Can any one give me a non spoiler review?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I get through reading half of ya'll spoilers before I close my eyes and scroll up. Can any one give me a non spoiler review?
    Great Music. Great Acting. Much Science. Some plot liberties taken, still totally worth seeing. Did not feel like almost 3 hours. I would rank it up there with Inception.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Enough said

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Had low expectations, but I thought it was great. Definitely one of the better movies I've seen this year.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

My wife is normally the science stickler of the bunch (and she did her graduate work in theoretical space physics, so). She thought it was excellent.

If you're going to start trying to poke holes in the thing, before you go to theoretical space physics, ask yourself who the engineers are in the movie who can design a spacecraft that takes that much punishment.

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I enjoyed the movie, but like everyone else says, it's borderline MAGIC towards the end. If reality stabbed me with a knife (the knife of "you're never going into space") when I was a little kid, after years of watching Star Trek, then this is the first movie in 20 years or so to give that knife a real good twist, just to give me a teary-eyed reminder.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I haven't seen it yet but people were expecting a movie about interstellar travel and worm holes to be 100% science? If you didn't expect some questionable science thrown in I don't know what to tell you.

Will find out exactly how much it goes to the magic side on Saturday.

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I think the most anyone has said here echoes Clarke: "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Liked the Movie. I think of it on the same terms of Gravity. Good movie, some science errors, some liberties taken but over all, I enjoyed it.

I stick my dick in Crayfish
    BG Level

Have to agree with others here: Great movie and not at all what I was expecting.

As for the "magic" parts: I was less offended by their liberties with the black hole (I mean really, it's all theoretical, so we don't really know) than by their ship being nigh indestructable.

Surviving a 10 mile high wave? The docking segment not ripping off in their rotating docking maneuver (which was badass btw).

Also, for a society that has pretty much given up on technology (no MRIs..?) they certainly still have a bunch of it laying around (AI robots, spaceships, etc).

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Seein' this tonight. Gonna be excitebike and report in while Halo installs tonight.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

I think I've seen all of nolan's films, but I just dgaf about this one ;x

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Had enough time to see it twice tonight. Thoroughly enjoyed it. It's definitely got a ton of cringe-worthy moments akin to Gravity. Worth $12 imo.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The music alone made the movie an amazing experience. Easy to enjoy without thinking too much about movie-science and the such.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast