+ Reply to Thread
    TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Steins;Gate Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu

http://www.otakustudy.com/wp-content...sGateMovie.jpg

Well, the wait is over. The Steins;Gate movie Blu Ray has been released and subbed. I just saw it about an hour ago and I thought it was pretty good.

For those that don't know, this movie takes place one year after the series/Ova ended, and is an entirely new story done by the Nitro+/White Fox team.

Here's the description: "The film takes place one year after the events of the anime series. After going through a painstaking journey across multiple 'World Lines' due to the invention of 'D-Mail', text messages that can be sent to the past, Rintarō Okabe has assumedly landed in the "Steins Gate" World Line, in which none of his friends would have to die and a future ruled by SERN due to the invention of a time machine no longer exists. However, Rintarō soon starts feeling the side effects of his constant time travelling across multiple World Lines, which soon builds up and causes Rintarō to suddenly vanish from existence, with only Kurisu Makise, the girl who he had saved thanks to his efforts, remembering him through déjà vu. It is now up to Kurisu to find a way to get Rintarō back."

Anyway, it's out now, so go forth and watch it.

I wanted to make one note of a potential plot hole that I don't think is one, but since it's spoilers for the movie I'll spoiler it here.

Spoiler: show
    So, a lot of people are going to be going "She had to give Okabe his Kyouma persona, so that's a plothole since she only does that on one timeline!" but that's not the case. Remember the scene before it, when Suzuha and Kurisu are talking about causality? How even after getting hit by a fucking truck, Okabe won't die, because attractor fields won't let him die before his time. Same concept here. There is likely an attractor field that causes him to, at that moment, become Kyouma. What Kurisu does here is smart though. She does what Okabe did in the last episode of the anime. 'Change the past without changing anything'. She inserts herself as the cause of Kyouma, which is different. Now instead of Okabe becoming Kyouma because of something he thought up on the spot, it's because of her. It's an anchor. It's different. Now, if he ever starts to slip to the R line, he just has to think about that major difference. No plot hole, the rules of time travel are still solid. It's a surprisingly well thought out loophole for an add on movie.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEA; been wanting this since it was announced.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Just finished watching it myself. Really enjoyed it a lot! I kind of wish I had watched it along with all the old episodes (as they came out in what? 2011?) but even without going back, I still really got into it!

Also, my own little tidbit:

What happened to preventing WWIII? v_v I could also use some 'seeing the group in the future' fan service too!

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Just finished watching it myself. Really enjoyed it a lot! I kind of wish I had watched it along with all the old episodes (as they came out in what? 2011?) but even without going back, I still really got into it!

Also, my own little tidbit:

What happened to preventing WWIII? v_v I could also use some 'seeing the group in the future' fan service too!
    WW3 got prevented. The Steins Gate worldline is an oddball as it doesn't result in either Kurisu or Mayuri getting killed, and as a result no time machine would be created. However, possibly due to it's odd nature, it has a shadow worldline, R, which seems to be devoid of people. That's where Okabe got sucked to. As for future fan service... watch Robotics;Notes.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    WW3 got prevented. The Steins Gate worldline is an oddball as it doesn't result in either Kurisu or Mayuri getting killed, and as a result no time machine would be created. However, possibly due to it's odd nature, it has a shadow worldline, R, which seems to be devoid of people. That's where Okabe got sucked to. As for future fan service... watch Robotics;Notes.
    That explains WW3 perfectly! I had completely forgotten that it had started as a result of the time machines being created and with no machines in the worldline they're in, it makes clear sense. And I figured as much about worldline R after watching this movie >_>. And as far as R;N goes, I've seen it. It only has that little girl turning into a member of JAXA/the government and that's it =/.

Edit:

Looking up all the references now, there's only little snippets that elude to the characters of S;G. I want beefy fan service

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    That explains WW3 perfectly! I had completely forgotten that it had started as a result of the time machines being created and with no machines in the worldline they're in, it makes clear sense. And I figured as much about worldline R after watching this movie >_>. And as far as R;N goes, I've seen it. It only has that little girl turning into a member of JAXA/the government and that's it =/.

Edit:

Looking up all the references now, there's only little snippets that elude to the characters of S;G. I want beefy fan service
    Maybe in a few years. They are only now essentially making Chaos;Head 2.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Maybe in a few years. They are only now essentially making Chaos;Head 2.
    Oh god no.

Shit was so terrible, if I hadn't watched Steins;Gate first, I probably wouldn't have at all after watching Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Oh god no.

Shit was so terrible, if I hadn't watched Steins;Gate first, I probably wouldn't have at all after watching Chaos
    Was basically me. I needed convincing to watch S;G after the horror that was C;H.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Aw yis xmas came early.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Aw yis xmas came early.
    Don't you mean Kurisu-masu?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Oh hey, I can watch this with subs now. Now I can finally understand the two plot points that went completely over my head when I saw it in theaters.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I think Studio White Fox forgot they were making a feature film, as the animation quality is pretty consistent with the TV show. It looks like a 90 minute TV episode, though I was expecting much better. The CG was pretty terrible (like the series). I'd strongly urge people to lower their expectations if for some reason you were thinking it'd look amazing.

Overall I don't regret importing the BD and I had fun revisiting the characters.

I don't see a thread for the regular steins;gate so I'm posting this here:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...mputing/.79939

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Now in America flavor.

Praise be Reading Steiner.