1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 9 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 0 hours, 22 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Wolf Staff: 53 MD, 14 INT, 19 Morale
    Stardust Zenith: 69 MD, 31 INT

Wolf Bliaud: 13 INT, 18 Morale
    Allagan Tunic: 29 INT

The switch from PVP ilvl55 body from PVE ilvl90 body has the same stat differential as the switch from PVP ilvl55 weapon / PVE ilvl90 weapon.

However, my suspicion based on some of the testimony around the web is that morale boost on the armor and accessories is worth it, but the huge hit to weapon damage is not worth the nominal increase in morale.

If morale did give a substantial boost, the morale bonus on the PVP weapon probably would have been much larger in comparison to the morale bonuses on PVP armor. If that were the case, people in full PVP ilvl55 would have been completely steamrolling over full PVE ilvl90, which doesn't seem to be what is going on.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    It doesn't work that way anymore.
    Except that it's been working that way all day for me so...?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kidzukai View Post
    Some guy on Reddit:

"I am in full HQ (even weapon) ilvl 55 as brd. I went head to head with a relic +1 mytho/allagan geared bard. He was hitting crits on me for around 150-250. I was hitting him for 400+"
    I'm assuming full HQ PvP set?

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Fuck. Sprint.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kid Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

FFXIV PVP Discussion Thread: HAHAH SLEEP!

Yeah, full i55 HQ PVP gear, sorry bout that. I wonder how full PVP gear and i90 weapon would do. It seems like people were getting very good results with Morale. My friend was saying that they went to like 90% win rate after gearing up, although there's a pretty clear advantage over others with no gear whatsoever.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ok, that makes a lot more sense now lol. Seems like you should invest in some PvP gear before starting up.

How many PVP marks will someone have by the time they're rank30? How long does rank30 take? Has no one done the math yet?

How much DR/dmg does morale give?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Are rank up's job based or universal? Because if you get points to spend on special PvP skills through ranking up... doesnt that fuck over other classes?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Seems like Sprint is basically a weapon for mages to use against physical jobs. They have no use for TP anyway.

Shouldn't it be replaced with something like "Flee" that has the same duration/cooldown as Sprint, but doesn't cost TP?

Sprint never should have had a TP cost to begin with.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I understand the rationale (discourage use in-battle) but the penalty is not evenly distributed, which makes a difference in PvP.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

@fojoop, ill try and math it out when I get home tonight

My first 6 points went into purify, and as a brd, the new dustance calculations greatly affect dmg.

Initially blms seem OP, but me and two friends qued up and picked up a random tank with the following strat in mind:
    Me as brd and the tank focused the other healer (I occasionally threw a silence at the blm if they had one but wasnt necessary) my other two buddies (blm and sch) kited the shit out of the other guys this worked about 6 matches in a row. Sleep becomes an after thought when the opponents are focusing your blm, and blms can kite easily. If a brd and a tank focus the opponents healer, he is forced to kite and eventually beni himself.
    This strat focused on the fact that new players were so affraid of being slept that their focus on the blm became their downfall.
    The times the opponents had a blm that peeled for their healer, the fact that a bard at distance and a pld/war close to the whm wouldnt be hit by the same cast allowed for a constant string of interupts on their healer. Purifying the first 30 sec sleep, and anything after becomes manageable. Dots are extremly useful, as Los is a major factor. I plan on working on my smn a bit to see if its as useful as brd.
    Pretty excited about this pvp though. Might actually bring me back full time to this game.

SMN has the most burst damage in the game and applies more pressure than any other class, while also having swiftcast res, virus, eye for an eye, offcures, AOE slow + -50% healing debuff, a 50% healing debuff on any target they want and a pet stun. SMN is god mode.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

FFXIV PVP Discussion Thread: HAHAH SLEEP!

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Are rank up's job based or universal? Because if you get points to spend on special PvP skills through ranking up... doesnt that fuck over other classes?
    It universal

Quote Originally Posted by Kidzukai View Post
    Some guy on Reddit:

"I am in full HQ (even weapon) ilvl 55 as brd. I went head to head with a relic +1 mytho/allagan geared bard. He was hitting crits on me for around 150-250. I was hitting him for 400+"
    I believe that because the PVP status give def & attack + so the pvper has the upper hand

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Fojoop View Post
    SMN has the most burst damage in the game and applies more pressure than any other class, while also having swiftcast res, virus, eye for an eye, offcures, AOE slow + -50% healing debuff, a 50% healing debuff on any target they want and a pet stun. SMN is god mode.
    I know day 1 and opinions can change instantly, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Fojoop View Post
    2 bards AND a smn? That's completely unviable, you have zero way to keep the target in place and no way to set up any type of burst.
    lol

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

damnit rocl

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    I know day 1 and opinions can change instantly, but...

lol
    No, that has nothing to do with anything I said. SMN + Paladin/Warrior/Monk = incredible. SMN with 2 bards = horrible. It's called synergy.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    damnit rocl
    were you one of the many causalities who suffered at my hand today or one of the lucky ones who squeaked out a win!?

i think bard is probably the most disappointing class to face ;\ it's like going to the zoo and taunting a handicapped lion

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

welp considering how you have to take 1 a war or pld, a sch or whm, you'll never see those combos so discussion is moot point

War, Sch, Brd, Smn might be pretty strong though, Sch or Smn get's sleep, so you have that covered, and sicking a pet on a caster could definetly minimize their casting ability.

Pet's don't interrupt your spell casts. SCH and SMN both don't get sleep.

PVP has insane consumables, regain feathers, icarus wings that restore 300 TP, both on 1 min 30s CD's. PVP is going to be all about spamming consumables, which is cool. It's weird they got the MMO part of PVP right, super meaty, tons of content, lots to grind, all content required to do it, need to craft and farm mats to do it, need to keep consumables on you at all times and spam them. Feels like a real MMO, why couldn't they do PVE like this too?