1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 6 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 18 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 15 hours, 6 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

hmmm, didn't know that. Titan's stun is on a fairly low cooldown though is it not?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Both Titan and Ifrit have a 2s stun on a 40 sec CD though I personally think Garuda is still superior to either. She can stay in one spot and keep attacking whereas Ifrit and Titan have to keep chasing down someone. MP hasn't been an issue so far either for SMN so I've been liberally using Ruin II to Blind people or quickly interrupt someone casting.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Both Titan and Ifrit have a 2s stun on a 40 sec CD though I personally think Garuda is still superior to either. She can stay in one spot and keep attacking whereas Ifrit and Titan have to keep chasing down someone. MP hasn't been an issue so far either for SMN so I've been liberally using Ruin II to Blind people or quickly interrupt someone casting.
    Its one thing I am finding pretty amusing using my drg on the lvl 40, having 2 x stuns from leg sweep and dive with the latter being useful to getting their instantly. Also it helps being able to at least sprint -> invigorate right near the opening without a worry on TP. As players get more points I'm seeing more mages as decoys with the abilities that reduce damage and such. If you encounter a smn and whm, that can become a shitfest fast if they have those abilities but I haven't met anyone beyond lvl 8 yet. Like someone else said, it's day one so everything is changing as time goes on but I think the one class that's 100% to stay is war as your tank.

SCH is a complete garbage healer compared to WHM, Regen + sprint in circles + swiftcast medica2 = you can't die. SCH has a 75% hp heal every 45 seconds, WHM has constant renew on everyone making everyone invincible while they move. Sprint either needs removed or SCH needs more mobile healing, we beat every single team with a SCH(mainly because SCH requires about 100-200 more APM to play than whm) and beat most WHM teams, but the only teams we ever lose to have a WHM. This isn't even mentioning the fact they have sleep and a knockback and magic DEF buff, nor is it mentioning the fact if you kill a SCH's fragile pet or apply any pressure to it their healer drops to almost zero. It's hilarious how I have to stay in range of my pet and micro my pet perfectly while a WHM just casts regen and holds W.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

idk about that dude, killing a whm on brd seems to be a million times easier than sch because of lustrate.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I'll agree that WHMs are annoying as shit to kill with all their options (and if they have Bene you usually have to do it twice). SCH I felt overwhelmed at times and disease isn't helping against ranged DPS. Haven't played any more since this morning (~8 DF matches) so, grain of salt. In those matches nobody was good at sleep coordination. I got slept once and then immediately woke up. In another match they slept our PLD and I just erased it. Half of them nobody on either team even had sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    idk about that dude, killing a whm on brd seems to be a million times easier than sch because of lustrate.
    If a bard is on a SCH they can never, ever, ever, EVER cast a spell on anyone or themselves without that 5 minute CD 10 second duration buff.

Edit: Yep, just played my first match as WHM in vanya robe and darklight boots with NQ relic, I am literally invincible. WHM is beyond fucking OP and such a superior healer, there is zero reason to play SCH inside of PVP right now.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Fojoop View Post
    If a bard is on a SCH they can never, ever, ever, EVER cast a spell on anyone or themselves without that 5 minute CD 10 second duration buff.
    On the times I was solo queuing as sch I cast lustrate all the time, and use my pet to cure myself. Don't exaggerate.

Keep in mind you are going to be playing against a lot of n00bs. You may have just gotten lucky.

Did a bunch of runs as bard with my sch friend, he rarely rarely died, and usually when he did it was a run where the other two players weren't helping to focus target the enemy healer.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    were you one of the many causalities who suffered at my hand today or one of the lucky ones who squeaked out a win!?

i think bard is probably the most disappointing class to face ;\ it's like going to the zoo and taunting a handicapped lion
    lol both, u beat me the 2nd time

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    On the times I was solo queuing as sch I cast lustrate all the time, and use my pet to cure myself. Don't exaggerate.

Keep in mind you are going to be playing against a lot of n00bs. You may have just gotten lucky.

Did a bunch of runs as bard with my sch friend, he rarely rarely died, and usually when he did it was a run where the other two players weren't helping to focus target the enemy healer.
    Sorry, no, I just played WHM in another match and my medica2 + regen on everyone at the start kept everyone alive so I didn't even need to PVP trinket. WHM is god mode, SCH is 100% unviable. There is zero reason to play a SCH over a WHM inside PVP. if you leave me alone I sleep your entire team, if you focus me I kite you around forever. WHM is Season2 resto druid.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Sorry, no, I just played WHM in another match and my medica2 + regen on everyone at the start kept everyone alive so I didn't even need to PVP trinket. WHM is god mode, SCH is 100% unviable. There is zero reason to play a SCH over a WHM inside PVP.
    fucking rofl. Ok dude you go ahead and believe that. I'll just keep killing those whms.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I have the opposite experience. WHM is much easier to get rid of as opposed to SCH.

SCH is 100% unviable. There is zero reason to play a SCH over a WHM inside PVP. if you leave me alone I sleep your entire team, if you focus me I kite you around forever. WHM is Season2 resto druid.
    Do you ever stop saying stupid shit?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

GUYS I STAYED ALIVE IN A FIGHT MY JOB IS THE BEST JOB EVER AND YOURS SUCKS.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

I have opposite experience. No one can kill me on SCH but we burst WHM's down asap.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I like how they disabled /say and made our names hidden...but still enabled emotes, thus making it all pointless.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    I have opposite experience. No one can kill me on SCH but we burst WHM's down asap.
    I....hate.....smn + sch combo.....so much

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Random observation: 95% of PLDs are fucking morons and sprint away whilst popping hallowed at the end of every game. What is it about that class that just draws the most obnoxious fucks around?

Edit: Damn, second I post this a WAR finally tried the same thing. Only took 70 games!

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Random observation: 95% of PLDs are fucking morons and sprint away whilst popping hallowed at the end of every game. What is it about that class that just draws the most obnoxious fucks around?

Edit: Damn, second I post this a WAR finally tried the same thing. Only took 70 games!
    LMAO, towards the end of our adventures, we got a war in full dark light with a nq bravura, and he was the most legit dude. When he was last one left (in 2 matches mind you) he went to the center of the arena, and just /sit while we killed him. Was the most legit cool thing ever.
    Sometimes ya just gotta know what's up.

And yeah, i'd rather face a WHM healer than a SCH. Whm's can't out kite a pld/war and a bard focusing them fully, but a Sch doesn't even need to stop to cure bomb themselves with lustrate, AND they have a pet curing them also. Not to mention, I think SCH's gear inheriently has more spellspeed on it than whm's.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm curious if a pld's hallowed ground + raise could be viable for instances when a teams healer goes down.