1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 41 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 3 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 6 hours, 41 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Barely didn't win, but jesus I dropped a caster LB2 on at least 7 people. I can think of worse ways to cap last few tomes for the week. Praise to all the retarded tanks who let me keep spamming fire forever.

Spoiler: show

How many of you PvPers don't mind one map for Seal Rock and how many of you do? It's one of the main reasons I'm bored of it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't mind it. To me Seize Rock is way better than Slaughter/Secure because of that smaller, tighter map. Its asymmetrical in its design, doesn't offer a huge advantage to one GC over another, and rotates your spawn point.

There's enough variety from the design of the island to tide me over. But then again I'm someone who'll hop on a 24 hour 2fort Team Fortress 2 server.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

it's good for accumulating law/eso at the same time and not being forced to do dungeons. in general i can't stand dungeon running to get my weekly caps done, but i'll play pvp. this time around is an exception as i just don't care enough about the game to even be logged in, so dungeons are more efficient to cap.

but if you are around a lot and wanna do something different to cap, as well as get your pvp rank up (and pvp gear) then you'll be busy for months with it.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'd recommend playing games with better PVP.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    I don't mind it. To me Seize Rock is way better than Slaughter/Secure because of that smaller, tighter map. Its asymmetrical in its design, doesn't offer a huge advantage to one GC over another, and rotates your spawn point.

There's enough variety from the design of the island to tide me over. But then again I'm someone who'll hop on a 24 hour 2fort Team Fortress 2 server.
    Whichever GC gets caves spawn already has a huge ass advantage as caves is much easier to win with. Whoever gets north spawn gets put at the biggest disadvantage, thus making the map shit.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

The map has problems but I do think it's much better designed than the old Secure/Slaughter map. It feels a little less zergy (Slaughter was all zerg all the time and Secure boiled down to constant 8v16s in which the numbers always win) and has a bit more variety to it, and even though some spawns are a little more favourable than others the actual terrain itself is significantly better. The random junk and walls around the points in the old map were a fucking nightmare to deal with, it was way too easy to kite people and constantly LOS them due to the clunky combat in this game.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Caves has a slight advantage over south, but it's less of a factor than node RNG. Both are very winnable; the cliff+other node bottleneck spawn is as good a combo as anything in caves.

North is just bad and it's hard to win there even with good node spawns. In order to win from the north spawn, you basically need one of the other GCs to be pants-on-head and just throw themselves at the third GC no matter what the score is.

Well I was discussing possibilities with a friend and there's so much stuff they could do with other maps.

Look at the awesome last third of Halatali HM, where you take on other parties like in a PvP match. They could easily have Halatali maps for Wolve's Den and Seal Rock, with the Vulnerability Up spike ball debuffs and activatable winches to open/close paths.

They could have Heavensward maps requiring flying mounts even, maps that have ads, I really want to see an urban map, like imagine taking nodes across Ishgarde or something.

meh.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

meh, i hate arenas that try to troll you and throw even more rng and confusion into the mix. kind of why i hated brawl so much on the wii. in a pvp game i wanna fight the player, not the map lol

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by AlastorTGN View Post
    Well I was discussing possibilities with a friend and there's so much stuff they could do with other maps.

Look at the awesome last third of Halatali HM, where you take on other parties like in a PvP match. They could easily have Halatali maps for Wolve's Den and Seal Rock, with the Vulnerability Up spike ball debuffs and activatable winches to open/close paths.

They could have Heavensward maps requiring flying mounts even, maps that have ads, I really want to see an urban map, like imagine taking nodes across Ishgarde or something.

meh.
    Any outpost where they have enough soldiers for a training exercise would work. Or any sufficiently geographically interesting area. Floating City west of Camp Overlook. Moraby Drydocks (a bit silly considering it's right next to Wolves Den but whatever). Section off a portion of the woods in Central or South Shroud. Central Thanalan has a nice little bit of cave systems all over the place.

Just, if we don't have a big reason to explore the world you can just have a reason for us to remember it. Make notable landmarks into instance locations so it leaves an impression. Then when/if you pass by it in the non-instance you can realize "oh man I remember this".

If you want just flat maps with interesting backdrops, there's plenty of that too. Any of the cool lighthouses in La Noscea. That cool tree in Shroud. Parts of Snowcloak. Primal arenas within reason. etc. Boats, airships, those little rest areas in Alex/Coil. Tons of cool backdrops that you only see for like 5 seconds. Nothing new needs to be designed.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm just surprised that Seal Rock has none of the creep-analogues that Borderland Ruins had. I think we'll see a return in the next PvP update.

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Any outpost where they have enough soldiers for a training exercise would work. Or any sufficiently geographically interesting area. Floating City west of Camp Overlook. Moraby Drydocks (a bit silly considering it's right next to Wolves Den but whatever). Section off a portion of the woods in Central or South Shroud. Central Thanalan has a nice little bit of cave systems all over the place.

Just, if we don't have a big reason to explore the world you can just have a reason for us to remember it. Make notable landmarks into instance locations so it leaves an impression. Then when/if you pass by it in the non-instance you can realize "oh man I remember this".

If you want just flat maps with interesting backdrops, there's plenty of that too. Any of the cool lighthouses in La Noscea. That cool tree in Shroud. Parts of Snowcloak. Primal arenas within reason. etc. Boats, airships, those little rest areas in Alex/Coil. Tons of cool backdrops that you only see for like 5 seconds. Nothing new needs to be designed.
    I look back at places like Moraby and I can't help but wonder "why did you bother making this place so big and detailed".

Like, there's even indoor areas that are a really nice, detailed customs house with NPCs and all.

There should have been a goddamn retainer bell and market board at some of these camps, I'd hang out there any day over the 1 fucking retainer bell in Ishgard.

(my default "doin-nothin" area is actually the FC house but you get the point)

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I legit didn't know a lot of the houses in Moraby were enterable until we were dicking around after treasure maps and stuff... In 2.55.

Any tips for playing Paladin in PvP? Or is it really just, "Wanna be a Tank? Pick WAR"?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Don't enjoy playing either in PVP, but I'll take Stun over Fell Cleave any day

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm liking AST in PVP, but I really wish there were better metrics for what you're doing as a healer besides overhealing and not dying. I'm always looking 'useless' on the scoreboard. Implement a god-damn assist system already so I can get credit for kills or some shit for my achievements.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Node occupations.
    Or you could just be content with plain old wins.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just do what I do. Yell at your screen everytime you save a motherfucker from getting killed.

Or switch to DPS, get mad that healers suck and switch back.