1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 19 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -1 hours, -20 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 10 hours, 19 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Haalia Melchiott
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I gotta say, pvp might bring me back to logging in every day. Queues on SMN are a bit long, but so much fun. PLD is pretty quick to queue, but it's just a bunch of HAY COME HERE COME BACK COME BACK COME BACK WHY U RUNNING?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

The PvP in this game is so bad that it's actually entertaining. Nothing like allowing usage of sprint on casters/healers for PvP arena in a game where melee already have problems hitting moving targets because of the engine. I legit feel sorry for all of the melee that ran around pillars with me trying to train me down. Once you get Purify and Attunement you are pretty close to invincible as a WHM outside of coordinated burst from a BRD + SMN, but most of the time that can be avoided simply by hiding behind a pillar and baiting them to try to get LoS on you only to get hit by a Blizzard 2 and/or Fluid Aura (which goes through walls for some reason, LOL). WHM has so much self peel for themselves that it might be illegal in some countries.

Probably helps that I have 5k+ HP. Tank entire teams all day errday.

edit: some things I've noticed is even against jobs that spam instants to try to interrupt your casts, you can generally go back and forth behind a pillar and their instant cast will fail to fire off. I don't know if this is a problem with the game detecting where you are or something, but I've gotten plenty of casts off without use of Surecast doing this even when being trained by 3+ people.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

wat lvl crafting are teh PvP set? which recipe log is it under?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hezzel Bekk
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by gt_killa View Post
    wat lvl crafting are teh PvP set? which recipe log is it under?
    its under the PVP option in the lower left corner of the crafting window, same place as dyes.

Can't remember the crafting stats rewuired to make em atm.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

They are all 1* synths. Typically uses the last material tier (Cobalt, Felt, etc) and unspoiled node mat (Rose Gold nugget, Twinthread, etc).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Thank you!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

are crafted PVP gears better than i90? what does the role of morales?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fists of Wind needs to be . . . swifter. . .

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by gt_killa View Post
    are crafted PVP gears better than i90? what does the role of morales?
    General (eyeballed) observations about using full sets of crafted PVP HQ IL55 gear (except weapon, IL90 weapon) vs. IL90 gear...

You'll take way less damage. Like, really noticeably less (at least 30-35% less, maybe even lower). If you're a healer, you're going to suffer the most because morale seems to have little to no impact on healing, so your heals are going to be nerfed down to pretty low levels. Moving from IL90 to IL55 and keeping IL90 weapon, my heals got nerfed by like 25-30%. I did not completely see what happened to DPS, but I assume the effects are similar. Basically, you'd have to put some good melds on the IL55 gear to make it work for you in PVP. Having sleep and stun resist materia in all slotted gear would be pretty incredible, but lol @ the rate you save up Wolf marks, so....

Basically morale seems like a really useful defensive stat for PVP with a mild offensive effect, but you're going to run into problems dealing enough burst damage on someone to outpace the healing they're receiving (assuming they are being healed, of course) since the morale bonus doesn't seem to outpace the reduction in your other stats. This could be a case of diminishing returns as well, considering you start with 0 morale and add morale as you add gear, so maybe a hybrid set is ideal. I would say maybe pass on the accessories in a hybrid set because they aren't slotted for melds.

This matches the tooltip description, by the way, which says that morale "replaces" defense and magic defense, and influences damage dealt. On the bright side, you can pick team colors and do coordinated dye combinations with the people you go with, so your corpses will look good.

So I would say that HQ IL55 PVP gear will at best put you on par with IL90 gear (you'll deal less damage and heal for less, but take less damage as well), but I think IL90 gear still wins by a margin. We didn't try swapping out IL55 PVP weapons for the IL90 weapons we were using, but I'd have to imagine it would be a huge nerf to damage because it only adds the same amount of morale as any one other piece of visible armor and drops the weapon damage rating to IL55 levels. I would imagine that IL70 PVP gear (probably still with your normal IL90/95 weapon) would relatively easily outdo IL90 gear in PVP with a few decent melds, and folks geared in IL90 PVP gear would probably be untouchable. The amount of marks you'd need for full sets is ridiculous compared to the abysmal accumulation rate, though (unless you maybe get bonus marks after a certain rank or something, I dunno).

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I was going to just use HQ crafted accessories and stick with my mostly i90 leftside as SCH. Gives 50 morale. Not sure if it's better than nothing. Haven't had a chance to play with it again yet.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Need dueling or some way to just beat on someone in a controlled setting to properly gauge the morale stat. Unfortunately, SE really fell short in that regard (they put more energy into Fresh Meat and hand holding shenanigans).

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

They didn't even disable sprint in PvP? Wow.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    They didn't even disable sprint in PvP? Wow.
    Nope. It's to the point where they made PvP skills just to kill Sprint (Weapon Throw)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Melees can use sprint too . . . pop invigorate afterwards ta-dah! Even without invigorate its quite manageable.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I don't know why you can't face off against people of your choosing. That's such a gigantic miss in the system. Who gives a crap if people would "abuse" this to rank up faster? The rank up rate is pretty terrible anyway (unless you get more rank points at some level, but that wouldn't really make any sense), and they could just reduce the EXP if you choose who you fight against if they really wanted to.

Like, in general, I'm not really into PvP and if I just wanted to fight random people that I'll never encounter again without saying anything to anyone I'd go play CoD or something. The fact that they are all nameless "Fresh Meat" makes it even more ridiculous. The system could be really cool playing against other people you know, though. Did they ever say if that's at least something they're looking at for the future? After the social nightmare that Duty Finder is, I'm really confused as to whether the dev teams are all on the same page as far as understanding that a MMO is supposed to be a social game.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I would really hope that the party finder is adjusted one day (2.2 please) to accommodate for coordinated PvP and CT 24man premade.

Hell, a "training mode" PvP arena would be nice.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

It seemed like from using a full HQ i55 pvp set vs using my almost full i90 I had a much easier time living and healing in the den... Losing 200 hp from my heals and Eos really hurt as well. I'm not sure if I should just slot accessories or if it's even worth it for healers until I get i70.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Aside: the crafted accessories are pretty much better than just unmelded i49- accessories. Good bridge to Darklight if you don't have an imperial/militia craftable for that slot.

And yes the non-morale stats do work outside of PvP and you can wear them outside of PvP.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Also worth noting, if you aren't ready to take on people with mostly full IL90 gear and lots of Allagan weapons, avoid the full party level 50 playlist until you feel more confident, because that makes up probably 80% of the pre-formed teams you'll find in there. You can take up to three people into the other playlist and queue up in DF to find the fourth, so that's the way to go if you're practicing and trying to come up to speed, or if you just don't feel like dealing with pre-set, usually well-coordinated groups.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I've got an 80%ish win rate so far, but by far, the hardest comp to kill is SCH SMN BLM PLD/WAR. I think like 9 of my 13 losses came from that comp alone.

SCH is so fucking good it's insane.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast