1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 20 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 0 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 9 hours, 20 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Also, what is the point of naming everyone "Fresh Meat" if they just tell you their fucking names after the match anyways?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    Also, what is the point of naming everyone "Fresh Meat" if they just tell you their fucking names after the match anyways?
    My guess is that Big Brother SE didn't want people trash talking during the match so they completely eliminated any social interaction and just left it open at the end of the match so you can say something totally trivial like "good match" or whatever, but everyone just leaves immediately anyway.

...except that they didn't eliminate emotes, so if you emote one of those Fresh Meats, you're gonna see their name in the chat log anyway. I'm sure that's unintentional and will get patched out, but it's a pretty dumb oversight. I do agree that not displaying the names is pointless, though. They could have turned off the chat feature and still showed names.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

<t> works too. Really annoying seeing "Sleeping Johnny Mcfuckface, don't hit!" only for names to not appear to distinguish them easily. Can't /t, /l or /fc so no way to "talk shit" anyway... just make names visible, fuck.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

I think it's more for pug morale.

In games like TERA sometimes you would queue a battlegrounds and pugs would see a semi-premade of a certain well known PvP guild and go, "Welp, not winning this, gonna afk!" So your match was thrown regardless.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Random question (maybe has already been answered) - for the stuff that has debuff resistance (foods, potions, materia), has anyone figured out exactly how it works? I was thinking that it reduces the duration of the unresisted debuff by the amount of the "resist" value. For example, if this is right, a 25 second sleep would last 10 seconds if you had the potion active with sleep resist+15. Just wanted to confirm if anyone had tested yet. I can try it out myself later on in PVP since I'm sure it won't take long for someone to try to sleep me, just wanted to know beforehand if anyone already checked.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Doubt it'd be that, would be waaay too easy to be immune to stun. Never even bothered to try them yet though! As a WAR I literally never get targetted so I had no reason to.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I was probably being too optimistic, but I'm still hopeful. It would be shitty if it was percent-based, 15 second potion that you can use every 1:30 for 15% chance to resist? 3% resist food that lasts 30 minutes? Those would be really pointless, but this is Square Enix, so....

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    I think it's more for pug morale.

In games like TERA sometimes you would queue a battlegrounds and pugs would see a semi-premade of a certain well known PvP guild and go, "Welp, not winning this, gonna afk!" So your match was thrown regardless.
    You can't fight premades in a pug.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Well, technically 3/4 queuing together goes into the pug pool, so.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

That's why I said semi-premade.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

How are bard & drg?

I was doing monk and had a blast but I already play monk in PVE , I feel like I should PVP with a different class to get the most out of the game

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

brd is annoying on a healer but... once you get pvp skills, its like a fly hitting you ... ;/

drg mis good for a lockdown

drg stun -> war bind -> zerg whatever down

Healer breakdown:

SCH: Play rushdown comps using a warrior and/or Paladin, cannot play with summoner. Needs to end games in ~30 secs spamming miasma2/DPS on the focus target and hope for the best. Has horrible healing and survivability compared to WHM, as well as no CC and horrible after the initial rush down. Has almost zero ways to get anyone off them, no way to keep melee off them for extended periods of time the only ways they have is the two PVP skills that knock people away, can never cast spells outside of surecast and the PVP only ability. Relies on an easily killed pet and lustrate to do their healing. Basically needs to play 4 DPS comps. Might be more viable in full PVP gear and full PVP skills, otherwise WHM is much better before then.

WHM: Will sleep entire team if left alone, much more survivability, much more healing, if survives past the first 10s(and will) generally the best healer. Needs to play with a summoner, makes everyone harder to kill. Better at keeping teammates alive, can actually get DPS off them with knockback and sleep. Has many more viable playing strategies and can play a good number of comps.

Conclusion: miasma2(Disease) is broken. Summoner or SCH putting disease on someone makes them take unhealable damage for ~45s that can only be cured through via benediction or lustrate - both which can't be spammed for 45 seconds while someone is being focused.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Finally got a chance to try MNK instead of WAR and shit's 100x more fun. Meleeing is way too frustrating without move speed+, God bless Fists of Wind. Regretting dropping 6 AP on WAR now but at least Purify and my STR accs carry over!

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

So I was a complete retard and picked Aura Blast as my first skill instead of Purify, but small use I've gotten from the knockback: it does push back WARs using Holmgang. Downside is that with server delay it seems to take like 3 seconds on my screen for someone to be visibly pushed back, and usually if I'm locked down I'm being stunned to death.

Also WARs, don't try to Holmgang someone rounding a corner unless your team is also hounding the guy; I just end up on the opposite side of the wall from you.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Picked up purify first, trying to figure out what I should do next on MNK.

MNK is lots of fun, but I went heads-up against a SMN and got my face melted lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Agreed that Miasma is broken. Its insanely powerful.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Agreed that Miasma is broken. Its insanely powerful.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Was Fojoop banned for trolling with his obvious troll SCH is garbage in PvP posts? lol.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Banned for being Shiyo apparently

+ Reply to Thread