1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 50 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 50 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I dunno, one team I fought had PLD MNK MNK (some healer) and the moment I got stunned I was just gangbanged to death in that 6 seconds.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

People running is free bootshine/true strike bonuses. One Ilm if they have buffs (especially regen/medica 2), True Strike if not. No GL sucks but it's not that big a deal. I think SMN is by far in the best spot as far as DPS goes atm (maybe a great BLM? Haven't seen any good ones but I think they have a lot of potential) but MNK is pretty good too, especially once you get Weapon Throw. Just need to be able to coordinate burst with your team. A bad PLD will grief you by perma DRing stun on everyone. BRD is annoying but they do practically 0 damage from range, MNK does significantly more damage overall.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Datonare View Post
    Seen a few in full i70. How high pvp rank have some of you gotten, those who have been grinding it out?
    must be 24/7 grinding fur a full ilvl70 pvp set by now O_o

I'm rank 12 atm.. it will take 26 wins for a rank

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Coordinated burst too good:

307 damage = #1 deeps!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Oh man lol

Did some premades for like 3-4 hours today... ton of fun. While i enjoyed 4v4 premades (especially with the exp/mark bonus associated with it) running with a group of 3 in the pug queue almost ensures 100% victory

These silly people hating on my SCH don't know about my amazing 2,2k of crit at the beginning of the fight for 3/4 of the pt.

Also I dunno you guys, but with good timing I manage to cast Adlo even with a DRG up my ass most of the times.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Enjoying the fact that as MNK im finally using Arm of the Destroyer and One Ilm Punch. Those are pretty amazing, especially with Perfect balance lol

Kiarax, what abilities did you unlock first? I have Purify, but not sure what to get next, I'm thinking Somersault and Axe Kick. If those are both off GCD, could be incredibly potent for bursting down that first player.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Why don't we come up with a list of EXP per rank so we can try to figure out what the totals are? I'll keep track of it if people want to reply. Offhand I only know what it takes to get from 6 to 7, 7 to 8, and 8 to 9, but I can check with others in-game, and hopefully some people reply here so we can fill this in quickly.

0:
    1: 30
    2: 60 (?)
    3: 90 (?)
    4: 120 (?)
    5: 180
    6: 240
    7: 300
    8: 360
    9: 420
    10: 540
    11: 660
    12: 780 (?)
    13: 900
    14: 1020
    15: 1200 (?)
    16: 1380 (?)
    17: 1560 (?)
    18: 1740 (?)
    19: 1920
    20:
    21:
    22:
    23:
    24:
    25:
    26:
    27:
    28:
    29:
    30: Cap

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

1>2 is 30 points.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

5: 180

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

9: 420

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmakan View Post
    Enjoying the fact that as MNK im finally using Arm of the Destroyer and One Ilm Punch. Those are pretty amazing, especially with Perfect balance lol

Kiarax, what abilities did you unlock first? I have Purify, but not sure what to get next, I'm thinking Somersault and Axe Kick. If those are both off GCD, could be incredibly potent for bursting down that first player.
    I wasted 6 AP on WAR unfortunately, on MNK I have Purify/Weapon Throw and I'm dropping next 3 in Weapon Throw again to drop it to 60 sec CD. They should all be off GCD so that's actually a pretty good idea, but if the other team is geared and has PvP skills it's real difficult to burst them in one holmgang/stun chain so I don't really like gambling all my tools on that. Weapon Throw has been insanely good for dropping WHM/SCH who think they can just sprint away and I'd definitely recommend at least one rank in that. Tagging someone from behind removes sprint and applies 20% heavy (I think description is wrong, says 20% chance but I get it literally every time so I think it's just 20% heavy and 40% heavy when maxed).

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Do we have any idea what kind of ACC we need to be capped for PvP?

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I've been running 424 (as MNK) and only ever miss people popping Featherfoot or Attunement. If we need acc at all it's a pretty low cap.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    I wasted 6 AP on WAR unfortunately, on MNK I have Purify/Weapon Throw and I'm dropping next 3 in Weapon Throw again to drop it to 60 sec CD. They should all be off GCD so that's actually a pretty good idea, but if the other team is geared and has PvP skills it's real difficult to burst them in one holmgang/stun chain so I don't really like gambling all my tools on that. Weapon Throw has been insanely good for dropping WHM/SCH who think they can just sprint away and I'd definitely recommend at least one rank in that. Tagging someone from behind removes sprint and applies 20% heavy (I think description is wrong, says 20% chance but I get it literally every time so I think it's just 20% heavy and 40% heavy when maxed).
    That info on weapon throw's heavy percentage changes everything. . . I wasnt going to waste points on a skill thats only procs 20% of the time lol. Definitely picking that up next

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Kiarax, I love going BLM to PvP. Granted I don't do it too often, but I'll generally pop sprint as the gate opens, swift cast sleep the healer and that can usually tag 2-3 if not all of them. from there my group has just been killing the caster dps first, if there isn't one we'd knock the healer. our mnk would stun, war Holmgang, and dps as fast as possible. my fire1 with UF3 on does an upward of 700 damage usually. and when I proc that fire3, fuckin' game over. I don't know as far as a SCH heal cuz the group I go with has a nice WHM but I could see the potential in them. BLM's blizz1 heavy and bliiz2 bind is nice as well as Lethargy as I sprint and spam a scathe on someone until I can get a nice view. Shit sucks if they run full speed when I cast as there's so many pillars and walls to kill LoS.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

10-11 is 540

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Any general consensus so far on what would possibly be an ideal setup? I suck at PvP in MMOs and I have every DPS available. Someone tell me easy face roll on keyboard dps to play plz.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

13 -> 14: 900
    14 -> 15: 1020
    19 -> 20: 1920

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Falisa View Post
    Any general consensus so far on what would possibly be an ideal setup? I suck at PvP in MMOs and I have every DPS available. Someone tell me easy face roll on keyboard dps to play plz.
    hard to tell, between pvp skills and comps.. you probably want some super geared dps. If its a long fight however, SCH is ideal.. won't run out of MP. (if you can make the whm burn their mp hard anyway)

Had some ilvl55 pvp geared people hitting on me, didn't seem to do much...? >.> (wearing mostly ilvl90 pve)

also dam at rank 19-20... O_o
    must be near 24/7 pvp'ing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast