1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 0 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 12 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 21 hours, 0 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arietta Scarlet
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Here's some meld cap lists I cooked up a while back.

i70 meld caps: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post1707712
    i90 meld caps: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post1859697

None of them were explicitly tested on PvP gear, but I have no reason to believe that the PvP caps are any different than PvE gear.
    Thanks Raldo i lost those links i'm glad to have them back, kudos to your work.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

I posted it on the OF and the official forums, but I will also post it here. As the new live letter date has been announced for March 21st and the theme list discussions does not seem to contain PvP or Frontlines it might be safe to say we'll be waiting until 2.3 for the next PvP patch. However, I'd like to see if we can get Yoshi P to at least maybe give us an answer on release dates and other info to look forward to in the mean time.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post1912845

If you guys who are interested in PvP could click like this post so it has a chance of getting picked for the Live Letter I think it would be awesome to get some feed back. I hope this is allowed and I'm not breaking some rule by posting this on BG. Thanks!

Goblin Princess
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Trying to get into PvP on WHM and as expected, I'm getting my ass kicked.

So from my understanding, I should be sticking to lvl 30/40 queues until I rank up high enough for iLvl70 stuff. I'm an iLvl88 WHM, is it worth it to get the iLvl55 PvP set? I've been told to get Attunement first, what should I aim for after?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Morale has no effect during LV30/40 PVP, so the iLV55 set is lame. As for skills, Purify, Equanimity, Divine Breath, and probably Sacred Prism should precede Attunement.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'm just starting really (Rank 10) and I'm finding 40 cap is a lot more fun on WHM than 30. Stoneskin and regen make you very useful. My understanding is that if you got the best level appropriate gear (pink 40) that's the best way to gear but honestly I do fine in my usual i86 crap. I have SCH at i90 which is main for PvE but I'm enjoying PvP on WHM right now. Perhaps when I rank up and get geared I'll try SCH more.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

getting against premade 4man teams all night in 30/40 cap is a lot of fun solo

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

did this patch completely fuck pvp queue times? I always swap between melee/tank/healer/ranged for whatever instant queues and surely people are doing this shit 2 days after a patch so why 10min queues on every job with very very rarely <30seconds

I'm rank 17 so surely its not taking this long to search for people >.> could be the worst idea yet

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Fresh patch and a seemingly dying interest in pvp most likely. I'd have thought the challenge log would really spark people to hit rank 30. Give it some more time. They also tailored it so you do battle with others around your rank and if none are there the range widens.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

You're smack dab in the middle, and they just reworked queue timers so that you're more likely to get queued with people of similar rank. I would imagine right now, the people queueing for PvP are the ones who didn't get into it much in 2.1 and want to now with the changes, or the people who were already 30.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

thats why I said this could be the worst idea yet the only thing worse than pvp in this game is waiting 10 minutes between matches

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Just started doing PvP with the 2.25 update. Shit is fun as hell.

Who got dat MRD info doe? Would love to know what I am supposed to be doing on my march to i100 PvP gear, lol.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

4980 to R31

this is going to be like 1-30 all over again lol, at least there is the challenge log bonus now.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

7/8 and someone withdraws. Rage. They have to increase Mark rate if the queue time is gonna be long like this.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Yeah it's pretty dead for a R30 atm, expected more..but there are so many noobs out right now, I hope the range will widen soon since that's how it's supposedly working now.

I have to wait twice. Once for nobody being in the 30s, again to wait for the range to widen so I'm able to fight noobs. Blarg. Probably better tonight, I guess.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Nep View Post
    Yeah it's pretty dead for a R30 atm, expected more..but there are so many noobs out right now, I hope the range will widen soon since that's how it's supposedly working now.

I have to wait twice. Once for nobody being in the 30s, again to wait for the range to widen so I'm able to fight noobs. Blarg. Probably better tonight, I guess.
    never touched PvP before this patch. did my first match... got 3 achievements. feels good

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Just started doing PvP with the 2.25 update. Shit is fun as hell.

Who got dat MRD info doe? Would love to know what I am supposed to be doing on my march to i100 PvP gear, lol.
    Pop all your CDs -> get ignored -> do top dps.

I have the base set melded with crit, might skip the rank 30 stuff and go right for the 40s.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Between the weekly 400 exp you get from the challenge log, and the amount of people testing the waters, things are going pretty good now for progression.

It's still going to take forever to get to 40 though. Hopefully interest lasts, as people tend to give up early when they don't win.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Pop all your CDs -> get ignored -> do top dps.

I have the base set melded with crit, might skip the rank 30 stuff and go right for the 40s.
    I'm assuming that's the i55 gear? Might get a set if so and swag right onto the R40 gear as well.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    I'm assuming that's the i55 gear? Might get a set if so and swag right onto the R40 gear as well.
    i55 gear is garbage. I meant the i70 set, sorry.

Edit: what I'm using. i70 melded left side, STR accessories right. 30/30 STR.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

why are you on the currency tab and not the stat tab for this screenshot orz

anyways this patch rekindled the little interest i had in PVP but my entire eorzean day is already taken up by Unspoiled Nodes