1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 10 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 23 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 10 hours, 10 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast

Doesn't it seem like they got the stat boosting perks tier effects....backwards?

Shouldn't the first tier be the largest boost and taper off with additional tiers? As it is they're pretty shit useless unless you can spend the 12 points for all 3 levels of them.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Doesn't it seem like they got the stat boosting perks tier effects....backwards?

Shouldn't the first tier be the largest boost and taper off with additional tiers? As it is they're pretty shit useless unless you can spend the 12 points for all 3 levels of them.
    And yet if they did it the other way, no one would ever buy that last trait for 2VIT unless they had NOTHING else to buy.

Considering how many skill upgrades are of pretty mediocre usefulness, I don't really see the issue.

At the very least they could have made them all equal? +4 per upgrade

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

wow holy fuck at the somersault buff

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So their answer to making MNK & PLD more viable was to give them "fuck you SCH" capabilities. Doesn't really change much in the grand scheme of things. Nerfing Blast Shot but not Fluid Aura also confuses me. They're both 5y range now, but Fluid is still every 30s.

Also no mention of filling in the missing alliance slots during the 2min waiting period.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

They're both 5y range now, but Fluid is still every 30s.
    I'm slightly confused too, but it's basically them nerfing blast shot for the middle. So you'll have to get right in people's faces, which is very risky. Shouldn't change it's function at all for point control though. Also, it's got the longer recast because it effects everyone within range of the target, not just the main target. I.e. you can take a point with a well timed blast shot, whereas fluid is pretty naff for that.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    So their answer to making MNK & PLD more viable was to give them "fuck you SCH" capabilities. Doesn't really change much in the grand scheme of things. Nerfing Blast Shot but not Fluid Aura also confuses me. They're both 5y range now, but Fluid is still every 30s.

Also no mention of filling in the missing alliance slots during the 2min waiting period.
    I've joined an in-progress before in the 2 minute waiting period and I've seen someone else join during that time as well so it is already possible, but certainly not something I've seen besides rare occurrences. There's obviously some issue with it, but sometimes it works for some reason; idk.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Possible that it will only add people pre-gate-opening if someone leaves, allowing leaders to hit "add members"?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Possible that it will only add people pre-gate-opening if someone leaves, allowing leaders to hit "add members"?
    I'm pretty sure that's how it works, yeah. I've had people come in before the gate opens but only if someone left.

Also RIP Blast Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    If this happens, will it only fill the party to the # of people that entered or will it completely fill the party?

ie. You enter with 6/8, 1 person drops, hit add members, will it fill until 6/8 again or 8/8?

Either way, wtf, retarded as hell that they still haven't fixed this. You can add members during any other instance while still in the starting circle but not FL.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

anyone here who regularly does den or wants to?

on primals data center people have been trying for a few weeks now to get some server vs server or mixed server den groups going. usually runs friday/sat, but this past week we did sunday as well. would be nice if we could expand on the interest.

we also try to do nightly groups on my server but it can be tough getting a full 8. if there's cross-server interest in the evenings we could try to get some more regular things going. let me know!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

So, how are people's views on NIN in pvp?

From a few matches of Front lines, all I can say is that they aren't too impressive vs a PLD. A few NINs tried to solo me and ended up doing less than 20% damage to me before dying or running. I'm assuming they're glass cannon type DPS that really shouldn't be trying to solo tanks.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Pretty sure no one should try to solo tanks, especially after the recent damage-reduction added to them. If I catch a tank out by themselves that isn't already crippled, I'd just bind them (YES NINJAS GUESS WHAT YOU HAVE A BIND MUDRA APPARENTLY NOBODY KNOWS ABOUT IT) and run away.

That said, I did some PvP over the weekend and didn't encounter any ninjas that impressed me. Nobody using Hide shenanigans, etc. I've encountered soooo many bad ninjas at this point just doing PvE stuff that I'm not even surprised.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

nin is disgusting in pvp. but obviously only if you know how to use it. if i wasn't trying to win games on smn i would definitely be playing it.

as far as nin vs tank, yeah no one should try to solo a tank with the exception of skilled healers or other tanks. i'd take a nin vs most anyone other job though because of burst capability and most importantly, escape/chase mechanisms out the wazoo.

NIN is extremely useful in PvP, I say that having not even used it myself (used to use MRD, now I use WAR for obvious reasons).

Passive movement speed increase, passive damage boost, attack speed increase that can be activated outside of combat, no directional combos (just SA/TA), the best teleport skill skill and a PvP exclusive gap closer.

They have virtually 0 build-up time, unlike MNK and DRG (Heavy thrust/Disembowel, DK/Twin Snakes/GL).

All of that + the versatility of Ninjutsu.
    -Mid-ranged 360 potency attack nearly on demand, 2 with Kussetsu
    -Fuma is nice on fleeing targets out of range of Raiton but you don't wanna blow your TP or tele/PvP shoulder tackle
    -Doton in a choke point is extremely useful, drop that shit on a ramp landing and send your knockback teammates in.
    -Hyoton is ok, really only useful outside of combat if you're trying to delay or escape.

And that's all without even mentioning some of the interesting stuff they can do with Hide.

Also, I feel like all the people I see still coming MRD neglected to read the patch notes.

As someone who always used to MRD I have a newfound appreciation for WAR in PvP, spike damage is what kills in PvP in respect to that not much comes close to Berserk+IR+SE+Full swing -> IBx2.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Also, I feel like all the people I see still coming MRD neglected to read the patch notes.

As someone who always used to MRD I have a newfound appreciation for WAR in PvP, spike damage is what kills in PvP in respect to that not much comes close to Berserk+IR+SE+Full swing -> IBx2.
    Even before the 10% buff to jobs, double IB burst always seemed better to me in FL than... whatever MRD is doing for you.

I preferred MRD because aside from making hotbars and cross class skills for PvP not an annoying clusterfuck, it offered a lot of utility (swiftcast-stoneskin to save either my own ass or another's or to just cast between fights, E4E, virus).

IBx2 for all its potency is a bit all-or-nothing, not using Defiance and having access to Raging Strikes wasn't quite as much of a spike but still packed a considerable punch for a more extended period of time.

Defiance vs non-Defiance + RS is a 45% damage difference.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

NIN is extremely useful in PvP, I say that having not even used it myself (used to use MRD, now I use WAR for obvious reasons).

Passive movement speed increase, passive damage boost, attack speed increase that can be activated outside of combat, no directional combos (just SA/TA), the best teleport skill skill and a PvP exclusive gap closer.

They have virtually 0 build-up time, unlike MNK and DRG (Heavy thrust/Disembowel, DK/Twin Snakes/GL).

All of that + the versatility of Ninjutsu.
    -Mid-ranged 360 potency attack nearly on demand, 2 with Kussetsu
    -Fuma is nice on fleeing targets out of range of Raiton but you don't wanna blow your TP or tele/PvP shoulder tackle
    -Doton in a choke point is extremely useful, drop that shit on a ramp landing and send your knockback teammates in.
    -Hyoton is ok, really only useful outside of combat if you're trying to delay or escape.

And that's all without even mentioning some of the interesting stuff they can do with Hide.
    yep all this makes nin pretty op imo. doton needs a nerf cause that shit is STUPIIIIIIIIIID

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Good NINs are definitely dangerous but they are not taking on other skilled DPS especially a MNK unless they strike first and hard. I'd say maybe about 2 NINs has beat my MNK fair and square. One was because I didn't have all of my abilities charged (to which he died right after me due to having DoTs on him) and another because I underestimated him and he made me pay for it.

Axe Kick gives you Greased Lightning 3 instantly with an added effect of Pacification and Somersault gives you a free Perfect Balance for like 6 seconds if buffed which is just enough time to get GL3 if needed so getting buffed up in PVP doesn't take so long that it cripples MNK unless you have a good keep away game.

I'd say NINs are OP against mages if anything especially with their silence ability but a good SMN would probably wreck them. They're also def hands down the best for scouting and stealing unguarded flags. The only thing I'd say could get nerfed on NIN is Raiton because it's ridiculously strong for no reason.