1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 7 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 5 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 4 hours, 7 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Garuda Extreme Mode     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Do they teleport at all? Where do your tanks run? Do you still kill Chirada first? Only thing I can think of is maybe they teleport differently depending on where they're tanked. We always did

and always ended up with what I described.
    We've tried both... OT grabbing Chirada and OT grabbing Suparna, and in either case there didn't seem to be much difference. Actually, our DPS were claiming that they were having an easier time with Chirada on the MT. I'm not sure where people got the idea that Garuda and Suparna swap hate, or maybe it's how we're tanking it. With me as MT holding both an add + Garuda all the way to the north and the OT all the way to the south, both seemed to give us equal results. (that is, whichever add I have on me with Garuda, they both teleport and both come back at me, never did any mobs switch places after that rain attack)

That being said, we're still struggling at the last phase with figuring out what to do with the plume (let it explode, swap hate, etc.) because that damn plume guns for me every single time and even if the OT provokes it it seems to just come back to me a few seconds after, not sure why. Either way, we gotta figure out when to do the swap (ie OT grabbing the 2nd add off of me when they're done killing the first, and me grabbing the plume off of him to stop the stacking from happening).

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

We won last night (fairly handily) with OT taking Surparna at P2 twins, then holding Garuda and Suparna for the rest of the fight. MT would grab chirada for twister twins phase each time while OT (msyelf) grabs Suparna and starts MTing Garuda after the first hate flip. Since Garuda's hate doesn't technically flip from that point on, the only "swapping" we did afterwards was the spiky plume at 2 stacks. OT winds up doing a lot more running around (kiting sup/Garuda if needed and positioning both around the twisters), but the original MT holds Chirada steady so everyone can kick her ass in relative safety.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    For people bringing mnks and drgs what do you guys do once tornados hit? Just tried garuda for about an hour and the mnk + drg kept eating shit instantly to wicked wheel or friction or whatever it's called when they were down in the corner with the offtank.
    You can (if they aren't pulled too far to the edge) use Spineshatter and Shoulder Tackle to cross. Don't use Dragonfire though because of the Spiny. When Spineshatter wasn't up I honestly just waited at the other side for the tornados to go down. There's no enrage timer (that I know of) so playing it safe in that situation really can't hurt you. (You'll have to be quick to get into the bubble, though). I don't know the timing but there is a moment you can run between safe zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    The thing that seemed to be killing our DPS was that AoE that follows Slipstream. Once the DPS starting backing off during Slipstream they stopped getting gibbed.
    Once I got the timing of that down the fight was super fun. From what I remember, during the first sisters phase, Wicked Wheel happens after the first sister does Friction... then Garuda does the second Wicked Wheel about 15 seconds later? (We had the off tank pull second sister away before that happened usually from what I could tell.

During the sisters w/ tornados phase, the Wicked Wheel would happen about 7 seconds after the tornados spawn. Not sure of the timing for the second Wicked Wheel on that phase. Both tank and melee should be at the outside edge of the arena, but in opposite ends of the safe area. I don't think it's possible to get out of AoE range by running towards the center.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    You can (if they aren't pulled too far to the edge) use Spineshatter and Shoulder Tackle to cross. Don't use Dragonfire though because of the Spiny. When Spineshatter wasn't up I honestly just waited at the other side for the tornados to go down. There's no enrage timer (that I know of) so playing it safe in that situation really can't hurt you. (You'll have to be quick to get into the bubble, though). I don't know the timing but there is a moment you can run between safe zones.

Once I got the timing of that down the fight was super fun. From what I remember, during the first sisters phase, Wicked Wheel happens after the first sister does Friction... then Garuda does the second Wicked Wheel about 15 seconds later? (We had the off tank pull second sister away before that happened usually from what I could tell.

During the sisters w/ tornados phase, the Wicked Wheel would happen about 7 seconds after the tornados spawn. Not sure of the timing for the second Wicked Wheel on that phase. Both tank and melee should be at the outside edge of the arena, but in opposite ends of the safe area. I don't think it's possible to get out of AoE range by running towards the center.
    You can run between safe zones easily. When the twister animation goes down you can run across before the next explosion. That's what our DRG does. Our off tank doesn't give two fucks about them and just runs through straight at Garuda for the Spiny swap.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Weird. I am almost positive I didn't make up the whole hate swapping teleport (I mean, they do teleport shortly after sisters spawn in first phase for sure), and we do this with our group that downs turn 5 so unless you guys are killing sisters significantly faster than us, I dunno what's going on.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Did ~4 runs before winning last night; the Spiny Plume seemed to have completely normal hate. OT would grab it, MT would provoke after 2 stacks, Garuda would tele shortly after, kill Spiny, get in bubble, etc. Thought it was pretty easy; looking forward to Titan. I still do Titan HM runs occasionally because I just enjoy the fight.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    Did ~4 runs before winning last night; the Spiny Plume seemed to have completely normal hate. OT would grab it, MT would provoke after 2 stacks, Garuda would tele shortly after, kill Spiny, get in bubble, etc. Thought it was pretty easy; looking forward to Titan. I still do Titan HM runs occasionally because I just enjoy the fight.
    Plume definitely has special hate. We played with it a bit last night. Easiest way to test it is to do what we did, have a BLM nuke it with Fire III (or something equally huge) after the plume selects a target. The target can do nothing to the plume and it will completely ignore the fact that someone just took off 75% of its life.

Once you provoke, the person who provoked gets normal behavior on the plume. If you don't provoke, it won't behave normally.

I strongly suspect it's what someone said earlier in the thread. The plume likely starts with a ton of hate on a single target.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

It's hate is certainly wonky but a tank can still easily pull it without provoke.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Things in this game have a tendency to not re-evaluate their hate list until they hit their target. I've not done this fight yet, but that could be what's going on here...?

I've had a guy kite a Diremite in Aurum Vale for several minutes while I had top hate. It refused to turn to me until it reached him. Provoke/stun and other stuff may force it to re-evaluate its hate list, as I finally pulled the Diremite off the guy by using a Stun move.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    It's Shwtym
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

The plume, according to a few people that use the enmity plugin for ffxivapp starts with 100,000 enmity on the one person it has initial hate on.

A tank will barely reach 80k on Garuda at the half way mark just to give an idea on how much hate 100k is

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Weird. I am almost positive I didn't make up the whole hate swapping teleport (I mean, they do teleport shortly after sisters spawn in first phase for sure), and we do this with our group that downs turn 5 so unless you guys are killing sisters significantly faster than us, I dunno what's going on.
    It definitely happens, idk how or why but I remember hitting one target and then being like, wtf why am I hitting a new one?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    It's Shwtym
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Garuda and Suparna are the only 2 that teleport. If the MT grabs Chirada and Garuda and the OT Suparna and you don't kill Suparna fast enough, when they both tele and feather rain, Garuda will reappear with Suparna. Basically the OT will now be taking 2 mobs (Garuda and Chirada aka green tether)

the only benefit of doing it this way is that if you can kill Suparna before the teleport, neither her nor Garuda can do Wicked Wheel because it seems to me that they need each other to do it.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kari Arisu
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I checked the Mr Happy video and saw the teleport/feathers during sisters, but I've still personally NEVER seen this.
    Is our damage just too high for it to happen, or is it based on something else?
    Most of us are i90 or close to it. I have a few ideas of what might cause it.

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The teleport happens, and I believe is intended to make swapping the plume easier. So my thought is during tornadoes, MT pulls Chirada, OT pulls Suparna and plume. Proceed to kill Chirada and DPS Suparna while OT tanks it prior to teleport. Then it will teleport and hate will be solidified on each tank, and they can continue to bounce the plume back and forth without having to use voke on the adds.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    It's Shwtym
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

She'll do it if Suparna is not dead in like 15-20 seconds. Might actually be closer to 30. All of Garuda's "extra" moves (Wicked Wheel and Teleport Feathers) seem to be tied to Suparna being alive.

Guess Garuda has a favorite sister.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    It's Shwtym
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

SE would never add an element to the fight like teleport to make it easier deal with the Spiny Plume.

The extras are definitely tired to Suparna being alive.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Irvy Ryath
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Rollable loot or drop like furniture items?
    Rollable loot, if you get the mount you don't get another item.

We've tried both... OT grabbing Chirada and OT grabbing Suparna, and in either case there didn't seem to be much difference.
    Depends on how many melee you have in your group and your DPS. We weren't able to kill the green one before the red and garuda swapped position, so we had to make the OT (aka, me tonight) take the green one and make the MT grab garuda and the Red one. The con on this tactic is that your melee cannot DPS the red one near garuda (they ll get raped hard, we trolled our monk tonight on this matter about being only here to kill feathers and throw the LB 3 at garuda). Plus if the OT takes the red one there will be swapping in garuda aggro on each teleport.

It's hate is certainly wonky but a tank can still easily pull it without provoke.
    For some reason when you re trying to swap the plume between tank in the twister phase across the room, it is needed to toss a shield lob after provoking the plume, else it will travel halfways across the room then turn back on the previous tank (situation which must not happen because of stacks).

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Irvy View Post
    For some reason when you re trying to swap the plume between tank in the twister phase across the room, it is needed to toss a shield lob after provoking the plume, else it will travel halfways across the room then turn back on the previous tank (situation which must not happen because of stacks).
    Only happens if your tank using Scorn and has the dot on it.

Tried her in pug today but these bitches keep oneshotting my DPS with their AOEs. No idea how to approach that in a pug group.

On another team with my friends we managed to bring her to 20% or so but the tank had to go just when we figured the plume mechanic for good, a shame.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kari Arisu
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Taruranto View Post
    Tried her in pug today but these bitches keep oneshotting my DPS with their AOEs. No idea how to approach that in a pug group.

On another team with my friends we managed to bring her to 20% or so but the tank had to go just when we figured the plume mechanic for good, a shame.
    Tell them to be prepared to back off a bit after they use Friction.
    Otherwise, have your SCH/WHM cast Adlo and/or Stoneskin on them.
    As a SCH, I always try to make sure melee DPS have Adlo + SS when I know Wicked Wheel is coming. If they have above 4k HP they should certainly live with even just Adlo.