1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 10 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -1 hours, -56 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Garuda Extreme Mode     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

my group +1pug dps farming garuda

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Our BCoB group got this down in two tries last night. I was expecting a harder fight but it was actually really easy. Well tuned and fun though.

It's still not as hard as 1.0 Garuda Hard. (with a standard strat, not the silly BLM burn)

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I did get to put in a couple tries on this last night, was really fun. Did maybe 8 or 9 goes at it and wiped but we all decided not to read any strats and go in blind to see if we could figure it out. Pretty simple fight, our biggest issue was people not getting out in time for what I think was wheelkick when fighting the first sister. I'm not sure because filters and I wasn't standing in AoE range of it. The fursthest we did get was after the plumes tornado, not knowing we'd fight garuda's sisters and those at the same time was a nice surprise. Our offtank pulled it back but did get hit with the tornado and threw him close enough to the tank to have 6 stacks on the sister. He got destroyed as a war with 6 stacks lol. Very impressed so far, I do plan on burning this down tomorrow after coil.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

We killed it today after messing with it a bit yesterday, I went in completely blind (didn't read anything about it).

It's a pretty simple fight, I'd rank it about Titan HM level, maybe a bit higher if you're melee, I still haven't figured out what I'm supposed to do on the tornado phase after we kill Chirada, If I get near Garuda/Suparna before they do Wicked Wheel it's a sure death, but It's kinda hard to see if they did it or not cause tornadoes don't let you see the other side of the arena when they're up, so it's very easy to miss...

Just killed it.

With tanks swapping the plume agro it is pretty easy, we even managed to start farming her.

This fight is kinda of another big "fuck u" from SE to non-ranged DPS, we had 2 BRD and BLM and it went pretty smoothly.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

MNK and DRG can both just fly through the tornados with Spineshatter Dive/Shoulder Tackle. You need to back up from Wicked Wheel but I didn't really feel like being a MNK was a problem.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    MNK and DRG can both just fly through the tornados with Spineshatter Dive/Shoulder Tackle. You need to back up from Wicked Wheel but I didn't really feel like being a MNK was a problem.
    IMO it is a problem because doing this fight as a ranged DD is WAY easier, if you mess up Wicked Wheel by either not popping defensive cooldowns at the right time or running out of range you'll die 90% of the time, I have no problem with the first set of sisters, but the ones during the tornado phase can be a pain in the ass as MNK, I killed it a few times today to farm Rings, I barely survive Wicked Wheel with defensive cooldowns and If I get hit while I'm not at 100% HP I'm dead. Ranged DD's don't even have to worry about anything here, no 2xSlipsttream or Downthrust in a very small area and obviously, they don't have to worry about getting OHKO by Wicked Wheel.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

They also do less DPS. It's not hard to back up before Wicked Wheel; it's 100% scripted.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Can you even back up from Wicked Wheel during the tornado phase? Unless the tank is at one outer edge and you at the other I don't think you can dodge it, haven't tried though, not really needed if you pay attention, just don't mess up or you're kissing the ground.
    I

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

There's a little more room than the tornado animation implies; you can be very very slightly inside the green "pie crust" and not get hit by the tornado. Might give you the extra space you need.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

The tanks I do it with (or me when I tank it) always pull into the crease between the tornado and the edge of the arena to give the melee enough room to avoid. If you don't have them wedged in there I'm not sure if Wicked Wheel is avoidable.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Any way to see the wicked wheel/downburst(?) coming better? Timing seems to be completely random and fucks up my Inner Beast timing (6 sec duration sux). Taking 2 at once can just one shot me without buffs and not being able to consistently IB them is making it happen more than I'd like. Sometimes its after Friction, sometimes mid-cast they'll just throw them out, other times they won't even do it before the jump (too little DPS?). Vengeance/ToB are no issue since they're 15-20 seconds but if I'm relying on IB I just get fucked and I don't know whether to blame myself for it since they're completely unpredictable. Occasionally they'd even space them out by a few seconds when usually they both go at once. Mad confused, wat do?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Garuda/suparna always seemed to wheel after using friction (or at least suparna uses friction). Or rather, friction > downburst > wicked wheel from attempts I paid attention to.

EDIT: and only when chirada is alive. I always notice that after we burn chirada down, then suparna does friction, she doesn't follow up with wheel (although garuda still does). One attempt we tried suparna first while letting ot drag chirada away, both garuda/suparna would wheel after the friction move.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Taking the first burst isn't an issue since I always can have CDs for it (and the timing didn't seem to fluctuate so much), if I eat double wheels again after is it just a case of DPS not killing the OTs sister fast enough then?

Edit: Still see doubles in vids I'm watching so it can't be that, blagh. Guess I just need to get a better feel for the timing.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

From how it feels to me, I pull Gaurda + Sup and head NW

I'll give them a few seconds and its normally Slipstream --> Friction --> Feather Rain ---> Wheel x2

Sometimes wheel coming before feather rain, which messes me up timing wise

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

I've only ever taken one set of them directly after they return from the teleport. So either time based or dependent on the other sister being alive.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

^ I only seem to take them post-teleport if chirada isn't finished off completely yet. It may be a "both sisters" thing, but I tend to call out for melee in my group to be ready to move back post teleport.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

With Suprana up, Garuda seems to go:
    Slipstream > Weak AoE (not sure name) > Whicked-I will fuck you up-Wheel

Just keep an eye out for Slipstream from Garuda, then you know its coming.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Taking the first burst isn't an issue since I always can have CDs for it (and the timing didn't seem to fluctuate so much), if I eat double wheels again after is it just a case of DPS not killing the OTs sister fast enough then?

Edit: Still see doubles in vids I'm watching so it can't be that, blagh. Guess I just need to get a better feel for the timing.
    yeah i think it's just a timing thing. i was struggling with it too, myself.

edit: nevermind on some stuff i said earlier. but i don't really remember taking more than one wheel at a time fwiw. maybe slow dmg?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

In phase 3: friction (use buffs) > downburst and mark appears on you > wicked wheel.
    In phase 5: slipstream (use buffs) > mark on you > wicked wheel.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast