1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 41 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 21 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 12 hours, 41 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Garuda Extreme Mode     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Should have said it more clear but no, they died to Garuda and not the Spiny's death throes. I even checked my log and noticed they took the damage from Garuda herself. I just brush it off as a glitch like when Garuda disappears and no one can target her during sisters. :/
    It's like Sacred Soil, takes a couple of seconds for the buff to activate (Thermal High) and if you kill the spiny too late then there's a chance you won't get the protection even if you run in.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

I've seen it happen too, we all know the mechanic, we know it takes a second to give the buff, sometimes it seems like it lags a couple seconds on giving the buff, I've watched everyone run in at once and 1 person eat shit.

So, someone managed to single-tank this

^ Well the Brd off tanked one of the sisters though.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Going to try and convince peoples to do that. With 5 dd we should be able to kill the first add before they teleport. My only worry is what do you do if the spiny starts off on the MT...

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Probably mentioned/known already, but the Spiny Plume will always attack whoever is first or second on the enmity list, second being preferred.
    I didn't see it mentioned, tremendously helped us push our win/loss ratio, thanks a lot!

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

dat bard offtank though. So good.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I also noticed I was dying inside of the Sacred Soil, and I was definitely not taking damage from the Spiny Plume explosion. It was from Mistral/Aerial (forget which) one shotting me and 1-2 random other party members for several thousand damage.

The only idea I have, it seems both times I died while in the bubble, I got hit by the feather rain after Garuda teleported. It might be the DoT placed by Feather Rain prevents/negates Thermal High?

Other questions (playing as MNK)...

On the first set of Suprana/Chirada adds, I noticed that Suprana uses Wicked Wheel about 5-10 seconds after Friction, so it is easy to predict and get away from.

On Chirada, I was not able to discern when to expect Wicked Wheel, but it didn't seem to come up after Frictions. I was actually able to stay on Chirada without having to worry about Wicked Wheel during the whole "Die Die Dieeee" phase. But I'm sure it's still there. Any idea as to if/when to expect this?

Similarly, I only actually got to the Vortex phase once, and wasn't really sure when to expect Wicked Wheel on either of Suprana or Chirada. Is it the same pattern for each? If so, I can just run after Friction on Suprana, but no idea on Chirada.

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Chirada does not do wicked wheel. Her special move is a more damaging downburst that a melee should not be hit by (frontal cone). For the pre tornado sisters, the move set is friction, downburst, then wicked wheel. Suparna and Garuda can do this move.

For tornado phase, they will do slipstream and then wicked wheel. Suparna actually kinda glitches at this point (maybe because DPS pushes her), but she will do slipstream and then ready a friction for a split second and then wicked wheel. If your tank is in the middle of the safe area, stand as close as you can to the middle vortex to avoid it. Once suparna dies, you'll have to wait on garuda to do her wicked wheel and then you'll have about 30-45 seconds before another one.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Chi doesn't use wheel, she'll do an equally strong downburst (seen it hit as high as 4.8k) but I believe it's just conal (or maybe single target?), either way it shouldn't be hitting you as MNK. In vortex the timing is similar, gtfo when you see friction if you're on Sup or near Garuda, alternatively you can pop Fists of Earth and Foresight and eat a single wheel assuming you have decent HP.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Taruranto View Post
    So, someone managed to single-tank this

Pretty impressive.

More and more fights are being done with 5 DPS. (replacing a Tank or Healer) It won't be took long until its 6 DPS and 2 Healers for a lot of stuff.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I'll go ahead and share a silly brainstorm I had since I'm too lazy to get a group together to test it: 1 tank, (1-2?) healers, 1 ACN, rest SMN. Sisters aren't separated, just Bane them down. Splashing dots from Garuda to the adds goes at full strength even if they have max stacks of vulnerability down. Only major concern is if 6+ rounds of Banedots is enough. I say 1 ACN (with extreme book or Allagan probably) just for lolprovoke.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Pretty impressive.

More and more fights are being done with 5 DPS. (replacing a Tank or Healer) It won't be took long until its 6 DPS and 2 Healers for a lot of stuff.
    Worthwhile stuff? Doubt it. All it takes is forcing you to swap aggro cause of a defense debuff to prove your theory completely wrong.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy-Killer View Post
    Once suparna dies, you'll have to wait on garuda to do her wicked wheel and then you'll have about 30-45 seconds before another one.
    Concerning this statement, this is only true as long as Chirada stays alive, right?

I don't have access to the video at the moment to watch, but I'm under the following impressions.

- Garuda only has WW when the twins are alive

- Never keep twins alive. Kill first, then go for Garuda.

Is Garuda's WW even a threat to DPS if these are true? Or does Chirada need to be killed in close range to Garuda?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So, messing around with Sacred Soil and Spiny's Shield, turns out the buff is on the same global DoT/HoT timer which explains why sometimes it takes 2-3 secs to get the buff. Still not sure what causes deaths when people enter the shield before others and die to Garuda and not Spiny's on death AoE (with Spiny's Buff on the party list).

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Concerning this statement, this is only true as long as Chirada stays alive, right?

I don't have access to the video at the moment to watch, but I'm under the following impressions.

- Garuda only has WW when the twins are alive

- Never keep twins alive. Kill first, then go for Garuda.

Is Garuda's WW even a threat to DPS if these are true? Or does Chirada need to be killed in close range to Garuda?
    To answer your question, yes, Garuda only does WW when at least one of the sisters is up. Garuda's Wicked wheel is only a threat in the tornado phase where you are forced to DPS Chirada beside Garuda. For first phase, the OT should pull Chirada off the MT after Suparna dies.

What I normally do for the fight is OT takes Suparna west for first phase, while MT takes Chirada and Garuda East. You burst down Suparna, and then OT either moves north or south and provokes and shield lobs Chirada to pull her out of Garuda's WW range. I separate Suparna and Garuda to avoid double WW on melee. For second phase, OT takes Suparna NW and MT takes Chirada and Garuda SE. After Suparna dies, OT moves NE with (or without depending on who it started on) the plume so you can easily swap it, and the melee jumps on Chirada after they see a Garuda WW go off.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Going to try and convince peoples to do that. With 5 dd we should be able to kill the first add before they teleport. My only worry is what do you do if the spiny starts off on the MT...
    No idea why you'd one tank it though. We've done 1 healer several times and it's pretty easy. Two tanks + one healer just makes it easier than two healers + one tank imo.

Quick question for yall that actually Farm this.

Why's it some tard groups decide for MT to take Suparna first? Not only that, but Take Suparna, and go North/South (kinda irrelevant but highly innefficient, considering their spawn points during the first pop.)

Every time we do it in FC though, I take Chirada(tank east) while OT takes Suparna. Shit goes smooth like butter. Also, hate taking Suparna(with Garuda) at any point cuz of that gd stupid Jump move. Makes me have to Focus Target all over again.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Our group takes Chirada first every time and it goes smooth as butter! (as seen in the vid posted somewhere in this thread) I don't really see a big difference in either way tbh.

What pisses me off are the tanks who take them so far away that I can't get Foe's on them without inching into the tornados until I get owned in the face..

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Chirada, IIRC, gives Garuda a pretty hefty regen buff. Not an issue for groups that are overgeared to the point they can farm it properly, but for groups that can't down the sisters quickly it eventually becomes a problem.

Note that this was told to me by one of the randos in one of my first-week groups and might be completely wrong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast