1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 18 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 2 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 7 hours, 18 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Garuda Extreme Mode     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Suparna and Garuda only swap places if they're kept close to each other. Upon teleporting, they'll both drop feathers that cause that huge DoT (windburn I think?). Because of this, the tank will have to run away from the spot they teleported and then reposition after feathers fall.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I'm probably like the last person in the universe to notice but Garuda's Friction (the one without AoE circle on the ground) always targets a healer and seems to alternate between them.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy-Killer View Post
    Suparna and Garuda only swap places if they're kept close to each other. Upon teleporting, they'll both drop feathers that cause that huge DoT (windburn I think?). Because of this, the tank will have to run away from the spot they teleported and then reposition after feathers fall.
    Not true. I was in a PUG and I'm not exactly sure what caused it but during Tornado phase, the MT took Garuda/Chirada to the NW, OT took Suprana to the SE (Ranged/Healers to the SW). Ranged attacked Chirada while the sole melee went with the OT to start on Suprana. Midway during that phase Garuda and Suprana swapped and both sisters ended up together fully stacked and we wiped shortly after. It's very strange because my FC always has the OT take Suprana and we have never seen the swap. The only difference is we have the OT go NW while the MT goes SE with Chirada/Garuda during Tornadoes. We normally focus Suprana first before touching Chirada though so maybe Chirada's HP% triggers the swap?

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Not true. I was in a PUG and I'm not exactly sure what caused it but during Tornado phase, the MT took Garuda/Chirada to the NW, OT took Suprana to the SE (Ranged/Healers to the SW). Ranged attacked Chirada while the sole melee went with the OT to start on Suprana. Midway during that phase Garuda and Suprana swapped and both sisters ended up together fully stacked and we wiped shortly after. It's very strange because my FC always has the OT take Suprana and we have never seen the swap. The only difference is we have the OT go NW while the MT goes SE with Chirada/Garuda during Tornadoes. We normally focus Suprana first before touching Chirada though so maybe Chirada's HP% triggers the swap?
    It's timed based. They'll swap places regardless of distance or HP%. So you either leave her on MT and deal with double WW or let OT take her and kill her first.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

To make sure I'm not (completely) bad @ this, as OT, 1st phase I grab/kill Chirada then tornado phase grab/kill Suprana? Last few PUG runs I've done they kept switching who to kill to the point I'm confused :/

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deathbringer View Post
    To make sure I'm not (completely) bad @ this, as OT, 1st phase I grab/kill Chirada then tornado phase grab/kill Suprana? Last few PUG runs I've done they kept switching who to kill to the point I'm confused :/
    Always depends on the group

As an OT I always just took chirada then dps sup/Garuda cuz my wanted to keep both

For tornado after chirada was dead I'd just stand there and dps the plume till 10%

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    I'm probably like the last person in the universe to notice but Garuda's Friction (the one without AoE circle on the ground) always targets a healer and seems to alternate between them.
    May not have been mentioned but, considering this, some strats separate the healer from the DPS for the tornado phases.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathbringer View Post
    It comes down to whether the MT wants to deal with double WW or not, Suprana does the other WW.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Our main tanks get their faces pushed in on rare occasions even when tanking Chirada + Garuda, so it's bad either way. I've never main tanked, so I don't know if they're getting hit by something they could be dodging or what. I don't really know anything about Chirada.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Evane View Post
    It's timed based. They'll swap places regardless of distance or HP%. So you either leave her on MT and deal with double WW or let OT take her and kill her first.
    The teleport/swap happens when Chirada is ~50% HP.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aeris Ashe
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Youre definitely not I didnt know this, thanks for the info! Groups im in always just stack together so I never noticed this.

As far as the Chir/Sup switch it's definitely not HP based as Ive never had it happen to me ever. Whether it's time or distance dependent I cant confirm though

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

It's Garuda and Suparna who switch places not Chirada and Suparna.

I've also never not had them swap while killing Chirada first (and I only vaguely pay attention to HP bars of shit that I can't cure)

Final Fantasy XI Music Devotee

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vianne Nys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Something that I've been wondering for a while, but never bothered to ask anyone as rarely anyone has to do it, but... how can you walk across the tornadoes without getting hit and pushed? Which is the right moment to step in?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Feather in the tornado drops > WHOOOOOSH sound + updraft tornado trail things (GO NOW)

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Feather in the tornado drops > WHOOOOOSH sound + updraft tornado trail things (GO NOW)
    Yeah. I don't remember the specifics, but I watch for the inside of the tornado to change, not the rings.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

When you see the brown swirls, run.

Do the tornadoes cause massive graphical lag for anyone else?

My PC is old but for regular 8 man instances it runs things just fine (hell, it can handle CT just fine), but when the 5x tornadoes come out my FPS just shits the bed at certain points in their animation.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Noticeably more than any other area in the game, yeah. There's like no good zoomed out angle where it seems like I can avoid that. Hasn't been fatal but annoying nonetheless. Even stacked plumes in Titan give me a very slight frame drop, but tornados just suck especially when your camera is shoved into one.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kurai Entreri
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Are you supposed to be able to see the Plume Stacks on other party members? I didn't see anything on the Party Screen which I could somewhat expect.
    But I wasn't seeing them either if I had the MT targetted or in Focus window.
    They would keep yelling at me to pull it. Which I also experienced during tornadoes to provoke, watch the plume cross halfway, then U-turn back to previous target.
    Not sure if perhaps I messed up a UI setting, but I didnt see anything along these lines.
    Plus this seems incredibly counter intuitive for healers, then again the aggro meters are jacked up. I have to watch the ball/vicks cough drops enemy list to know if I'm stealing hate during CT.

Earlier in the thread was talk of Flash working. But then that other bit about the obscene threat.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serenseven Dertavernen
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by TheGlow View Post
    Are you supposed to be able to see the Plume Stacks on other party members? I didn't see anything on the Party Screen which I could somewhat expect.
    You should be able to see everyone's Thermal Low stacks in the Party area.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast