Closed Thread
Page 192 of 302 FirstFirst ... 142 182 190 191 192 193 194 202 242 ... LastLast

Thread: Gearswap Help Thread!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

i did edit it like this:

[173] = {id=173,en="Water V",ja="ウォータV",cast_time=10,element=5,icon_ id=253,icon_id_nq=13,levels={[4]=80,[20]=83,[21]=99},mp_cost=182,prefix="/magic",range=12,recast=45,recast_id=173,requiremen ts=4,skill=36,targets=32,type="BlackMagic"},

restarted game, still no gear kicking in. dont know whats wrong tho.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    windower4/res/spell.lua it has each spell listed on its own line, and one part of the line is about jobs and the level they learn them. So [21]=99 would be Geomancer (21st job) learns it at 99.
    Doing that gave me an error farther down in the spell.lua, line 179 iirc. Deleted, tried again, and now I'm stuck getting an error in addons/libs/extdata.lua 1015. -_- I wish I understood more about coding so this all at least made sense. GS never even stopped me from casting T5s, it just wouldn't swap, for whatever reason.

Deleting GS, extdata.lua, updates folder, and spell.lua, redownloading fresh copies of each, and still receiving the extdata error at 1015, says end expected to close function on line 1011.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

no errors on the spell lua, but i do get the libs error, still no gearswaps for t5

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Doing that gave me an error farther down in the spell.lua, line 179 iirc. Deleted, tried again, and now I'm stuck getting an error in addons/libs/extdata.lua 1015. -_- I wish I understood more about coding so this all at least made sense. GS never even stopped me from casting T5s, it just wouldn't swap, for whatever reason.

Deleting GS, extdata.lua, updates folder, and spell.lua, redownloading fresh copies of each, and still receiving the extdata error at 1015, says end expected to close function on line 1011.
    My wife and I just logged on and are recieving this error also.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Should be fixed now, sorry.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    Re-downloading a new spells.lua wasn't working, so I just went in and added: ",[21]=99" to each tier V spell in there and it works now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Should be fixed now, sorry.
    Fully working now as far as I can tell. Thanks much guys.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

working now yay

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Thanks guys.

I still can't get it working. Adding the info in manually to spells.lua didn't work, and if I delete it and the update folder and run the launcher, it just readds the old spells.lua with only blm and sch on the jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by errantfish View Post
    I still can't get it working. Adding the info in manually to spells.lua didn't work, and if I delete it and the update folder and run the launcher, it just readds the old spells.lua with only blm and sch on the jobs.
    From ffxiah support
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth
    Put in windower/res:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhcteem4cb...pells.lua?dl=0

Put in windower/addons/gearswap:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vzum8rq9lv...tions.lua?dl=0

With those two files, your Job Point spells should work on whatever jobs (but might not work inside of Motenten's templates still). BLU spells still may not work when subbed until windower.ffxi.get_sjob_info() is fixed, but it might already be fixed (idk).

Manually copying those files and restarting seems to have finally done the trick. Thank you very much.

Shirai

Hey guys,

I have a little issue regarding Augmented items:
    Code:
    		BP_feet = {name = "Helios boots",augments={'Blood Pact Dmg.+7',"Pet: Crit.hit rate +4",'Pet: "Mag. Atk. Bns."+25'}}	
    		TP_feet = {name = "Helios boots",augments={'Pet: Haste+5',"Pet: Attack+27 Rng. Atk.+27",'Pet: "Dbl. Atk."+8'}}
    I can get the BP_feet to work, no probs, but no matter what I try on the TP_feet I simply cannot convice the game to equip them in my avatar TP set.
    I've tried with Pet:, without Pet:, with pet: only at the start of the augments, getting a bit desperate here. Help!
    It's these feet, by the way.
    http://cdn.guildwork.net/albums/imag...583c75371f.jpg

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Did you try //gs export while wearing the shoes?

Some of the new augments aren't handled by the extdata lib yet, but it has a backup system in case of an unknown augment.

Shirai

Code:
    		TP_feet = { name="Helios Boots", augments={'Pet: Attack+27 Pet: Rng.Atk.+27','System: 1 ID: 123 Val: 7','Pet: Haste+5',}}
    That works, thanks a lot!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hello BG. I recently tried to get a SCH gearswap working, but have been thwarted! "User file problem: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windower4\/addons/GearSwap/data/sch.lua:42: '}' expected (to close '{' at line 40) near 's'" is the error I recive whenever I try to load it up. I've tried looking over it myself, but my inexperiance shows, so any help would be greatly appriciated,

Spoiler: show
    function get_sets()

--Idle Sets--
    sets.Idle = {}

sets.Idle.Standard = {main="Owleyes",sub="Genbu's shield",range="Incantor stone",
    head="Savant's bonnet +2",neck="Twilight torque",ear1="Loquacious earring",ear2="Aredan earring",
    body="Gendewitha bliaut",hands="Serpentes cuffs",ring1="Mediator's ring",ring2="Bilfrost ring",
    back="Shadow mantle",waist="Oneiros sash",legs="Hagondes pants",feet="Serpentes sabots"}

sets.Idle.Sublimation = {main="Owleyes",sub="Genbu's shield",range="Incantor stone",
    head="Savant's bonnet +2",neck="Twilight torque",ear1="Loquacious earring",ear2="Savant's earring", body="Argute gown",hands="Serpentes cuffs",ring1="Tamas ring",ring2="Maquette ring",
    back="Shadow mantle",waist="Oneiros sash",legs="Hagondes pants",feet="Serpentes sabots"}

sets.Idle.Sandstorm = {main="Owleyes",sub="Genbu's shield",range="Incantor stone",
    head="Savant's bonnet +2",neck="Twilight torque",ear1="Loquacious earring",ear2="Aredan earring",
    body="Heka's kalasiris",hands="Serpentes cuffs",ring1="Mediator's ring",ring2="Bilfrost ring",
    back="Shadow mantle",waist="Oneiros sash",legs="Hagondes pants",feet="Desert Boots"}

sets.Idle.SublimationSandstorm = {main="Owleyes",sub="Genbu's shield",range="Incantor stone",
    head="Scholar's M.board",neck="Twilight torque",ear1="Loquacious earring",ear2="Savant's earring",
    body="Argute gown",hands="Serpentes cuffs",ring1="Bilfrost ring",ring2="Mediator's ring",
    back="Shadow mantle",waist="Oneiros sash",legs="Hagondes pants",feet="Desert Boots"}

--Precast Sets--
    sets.Precast = {}

sets.Precast.FC = {}

sets.Precast.FC.Standard = {ammo='Incantor stone',
    ear1='Loquac. earring',
    hands='Magavan mitts',ring1='Prolix ring',
    back='Swith cape',waist='Witful belt',legs='Hagondes pants',head='Haruspex hat'}

sets.Precast.FC.Cures = {ammo='Incantor stone',
    ear1='Loquac. earring',
    body='Heka's kalasiris',hands='Magavan mitts',ring1='Prolix ring',
    back='Swith cape',waist='Witful belt',legs='Hagondes pants',head='Haruspex hat'}

sets.Precast.JA = {}

sets.Precast.JA.PenuryParsimony = {legs="Savant's pants +2"}

sets.Precast.JA.ImmanencePerpetuation = {hands="Svnt. Bracers +2"}

sets.Precast.JA.EbullienceRapture = {head="Svnt. bonnet +2"}

--Midcast Sets--
    sets.Midcast = {}

sets.Midcast.Cures = {main='Arka IV',sub='Pax grip',ammo='Clarus stone',
    head='Haruspex hat', neck="Savant's chain",ear1='Aredan earring',ear2='Loquacious earring',
    body='Heka's kalasiris',hands='Augur's gloves',ring1='Ephedra ring',ring2="Sirona's ring",
    back="Swith cape",waist='Cognizant belt',legs="Hagondes pants",feet='Gendewitha galoshes'}

sets.Midcast.LowNukes = {main='Atinian Staff',sub='Pax grip',ammo="Witchstone",
    head='Argute mortarboard', neck="Stoicheion medal",ear1="Hecate's earring",ear2='Aredan earring',
    body='Savant;s gown +2',hands='Helios gloves',ring1='Mediator's ring',ring2="Diamond ring",
    back="Ogapepo cape",waist='Oneiros sash',legs="Hagondes pants",feet='Gendewitha galoshes'}

sets.Midcast.HighNukes = {main='Atinian Staff',sub='Pax grip',ammo="Savant's Treatise",
    head='Argute mortarboard', neck="Stoicheion medal",ear1="Hecate's earring",ear2='Aredan earring',
    body='Savant;s gown +2',hands='Helios gloves',ring1='Mediator's ring',ring2="Diamond ring",
    back="Ogapepo cape",waist='Oneiros sash',legs="Hagondes pants",feet='Gendewitha galoshes'}

sets.Midcast.Helix = {main='Atinian Staff',sub='Pax grip',ammo="Savant's Treatise",

sets.Midcast.Stun = {main='Atinian Staff',sub='Pax grip',ammo="Savant's Treatise",

sets.Midcast.Enhancing = {ammo="Savant's treatise",
    head="Savant's bonnet +2",neck="Colossus's torque",ear1='Loquac. earring',
    body='Telchine chasuble',
    back='Merciful cape',waist='Cognizant belt',legs="Hagondes pants"}

sets.Midcast.Enfeebling = {main="Eminent staff",sub="Pax grip",
    head="Haruspex hat",neck="Stoicheion medal",ear1="Loquacious earring",ear2="Aredan earring",
    body="Haruspex coat",hands="Magavan mitts",ring1="Mediator's ring",ring2="Prolix ring",
    back="Swith cape",waist="Cognizant belt",legs="Savant's pants +2",feet="Haruspex pigaches"}

sets.Midcast.Stoneskin = {head="Haruspex hat",neck="Savant's chain",ear1="Aredan earring",ear2="Loquac. earring",
    hands="Helios gloves",ring1="Prolix ring",
    back="Swith cape",waist="Cognizant belt",legs="Hagondes pants",feet="Gendewitha galoshes"}

sets.Midcast.Regen = {main='Eminent Staff',sub='Pax grip',ammo='Clarus stone',
    head="Svnt. bonnet +2", neck="Savant's chain",ear1='Aredan earring',ear2='Loquacious earring',
    body='Telchine chasuble',hands='Augur's gloves',ring1='Ephedra ring',ring2="Sirona's ring",
    back="Swith cape",waist='Cognizant belt',legs="Hagondes pants",feet='Gendewitha galoshes'}

sets.Obi = {}

sets.Obi.Fire = {waist='Karin Obi',back='Twilight Cape',ring1='Zodiac Ring'}

sets.Obi.Earth = {waist='Dorin Obi',back='Twilight Cape',ring1='Zodiac Ring'}

sets.Obi.Water = {waist='Suirin Obi',back='Twilight Cape',ring1='Zodiac Ring'}

sets.Obi.Wind = {waist='Furin Obi',back='Twilight Cape',ring1='Zodiac Ring'}

sets.Obi.Ice = {waist='Hyorin Obi',back='Twilight Cape',ring1='Zodiac Ring'}

sets.Obi.Thunder = {waist='Rairin Obi',back='Twilight Cape',ring1='Zodiac Ring'}

sets.Obi.Light = {waist='Korin Obi',back='Twilight Cape',ring1='Zodiac Ring'}

sets.Obi.Dark = {waist='Anrin Obi',back='Twilight Cape',ring1='Zodiac Ring'}

--Aftercast Sets--
    sets.Aftercast = {}
    end

function precast(spell)
    if spell.action_type == 'Magic' then
    equip(sets.Precast.FC.Standard)
    if string.find(spell.english,'Cur') and spell.name ~= 'Cursna' then
    equip(sets.Precast.FC.Cure)
    end
    end

if spell.english == 'Penury' or spell.english == 'Parsimony' then
    equip(sets.Precast.JA.PenuryParsimony)
    end

if spell.english == 'Ebullience' or spell.english == 'Rapture' then
    equip(sets.Precast.JA.EbullienceRapture)
    end

if spell.english == 'Immanence' or spell.english == 'Perpetuation' then
    equip(sets.Precast.JA.ImmanencePerpetuation)
    end
    end

function midcast(spell)
    if spell.english == 'Cure' or spell.english == 'Cure II' or spell.english == 'Cure III' or spell.english == 'Cure IV' then
    equip(sets.Midcast.Cures)
    if spell.element == world.weather_element or spell_element == world.day_element then
    equip(sets.Obi[spell.element])
    end
    if buffactive.rapture then
    end
    end

if string.find(spell.english,'helix') then
    equip(sets.Midcast.Helix)
    end

if spell.english == 'Kaustra' then
    equip(sets.Midcast.Helix)
    if spell.element == world.weather_element or spell_element == world.day_element then
    end
    end

if spell.english == 'Stone' or spell.english == 'Thunder' or spell.english == 'Water' or spell.english == 'Fire' or spell.english == 'Blizzard' or spell.english == 'Aero' then
    equip(sets.Midcast.LowNukes)
    end
    if buffactive.ebullience then
    end
    if buffactive.klimaform then
    equip ({feet="Savant's Loafers +2"})
    end
    end

if spell.english == 'Stone III' or spell.english == 'Thunder III' or spell.english == 'Water III' or spell.english == 'Fire III' or spell.english == 'Blizzard III' or spell.english == 'Aero III' or spell.english == 'Stone IV' or spell.english == 'Thunder IV' or spell.english == 'Water IV' or spell.english == 'Fire IV' or spell.english == 'Blizzard IV' or spell.english == 'Aero IV' or spell.english == 'Stone V' or spell.english == 'Thunder V' or spell.english == 'Water V' or spell.english == 'Fire V' or spell.english == 'Blizzard V' or spell.english == 'Aero V'then
    equip(sets.Midcast.HighNukes)
    end
    if buffactive.ebullience then
    end
    if buffactive.klimaform then
    equip ({feet="Savant's Loafers +2"})
    end
    end

if spell.skill == 'EnhancingMagic' then
    if spell.english == 'Embrava' then
    equip(sets.Midcast.Enhancing)
    if not buffactive.perpetuance then
    add_to_chat(8,'--------- Perpetuance is down ---------')
    end
    if not buffactive.accession then
    add_to_chat(8,'--------- Accession is down ---------')
    end
    if not buffactive.penury then
    add_to_chat(8,'--------- Penury is down ---------')
    end
    end
    if buffactive.perpetuance then
    equip(sets.Midcast.Enhancing,{hands="Savant's Bracers +2"})
    else
    equip(sets.Midcast.Enhancing)
    end
    end

if spell.english == 'Stoneskin' then
    equip(sets.Midcast.Stoneskin)
    if buffActive['Stoneskin'] then
    send_command('@wait 2.5;@input //cancel Stoneskin')
    end
    end

if spell.english == 'Slow' or spell.english == 'Paralyze' or spell.english == 'Blind' or spell.english == 'Silence' or spell.english == 'Break' or spell.english == 'Sleep' or spell.english == 'Sleep II' or spell.english == 'Sleepga' or spell.english == 'Dispel' then
    equip(sets.Midcast.Enfeebling)
    end

if spell.english == 'Sneak' then
    send_command('@wait 1.8;cancel 71;')
    end
    end

function aftercast(spell)
    equip(sets.Idle.Standard)

if buffactive['Sublimation: Activated'] then
    equip(sets.Idle.Sublimation)
    end

if buffactive['Sandstorm'] then
    equip(sets.Idle.Sandstorm)
    if buffactive['Sublimation: Activated'] then
    equip(sets.Idle.SublimationSandstorm)
    end
    end

if spell.english == 'Sleep' or spell.english == 'Sleepga' then
    send_command('@wait 50;input /echo ------- '..spell.english..' is wearing off in 10 seconds -------')
    elseif spell.english == 'Sleep II' or spell.english == 'Sleepga II' then
    send_command('@wait 80;input /echo ------- '..spell.english..' is wearing off in 10 seconds -------')
    elseif spell.english == 'Break' or spell.english == 'Breakga' then
    send_command('@wait 20;input /echo ------- '..spell.english..' is wearing off in 10 seconds -------')
    end
    end

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The apostrophe in your Heka's kalasiras is breaking it. use quotes for enclosing gear names. will save you a lot of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Caydenn View Post
    Hello BG. I recently tried to get a SCH gearswap working, but have been thwarted! "User file problem: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windower4\/addons/GearSwap/data/sch.lua:42: '}' expected (to close '{' at line 40) near 's'" is the error I recive whenever I try to load it up. I've tried looking over it myself, but my inexperiance shows, so any help would be greatly appriciated,
    its line 42: body='Heka's kalasiris',hands='Magavan mitts',ring1='Prolix ring',
    it eather needs to be
    body='Heka\'s kalasiris', --i dont like it this way because its hard to find the error sometimes
    or
    body="Heka's kalasiris", --this is my recomdation

read this it will come in handy
    http://pastebin.com/GLdhjSuR

Shirai

Hi folks,

I've been trying to write some area rules into my gearswap to equip certain items in specified areas, but for some reason I can't get it to work.
    Example:
    Code:
    		if world.area:contains('Adoulin') then
                idleSet = set_combine(sets.idle.Town, {body="Councilor's Garb"})
            end
    This is placed under:
    Code:
    function customize_idle_set(idleSet)
    I can get my gearswap to load and everything else works but I can't get it to equip the garb in Adoulin.
    What am I doing wrong? (Google isn't helping)

You left out the "return idleSet" part. So, even though the check is correct and there are no errors, it can't layer the garb over your Town gear.
    Code:
    function customize_idle_set(idleSet)
        if world.area:contains('Adoulin') then
            idleSet = set_combine(sets.idle.Town, {body="Councilor's Garb"})
        end

return idleSet

end

Shirai

That's definitely in there, this isn't my only idle set as this is my smn lua. Which holds a ton of idle set adjustments, and they all work except for this little bugger...

I'll edit the whole bunch in when I get home.
    A tad tricky to do on my phone.