BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Don't worry, it's hard to kill people with a bike
    http://blogs.kqed.org/newsfix/2013/0...ist-pedestrian

To be fair, cyclists have no business being on the road.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by GoggleHead View Post
    To be fair, cyclists have no business being on the road.
    People who don't know how to drive shouldn't be on the road. If you can't deal with cyclists, you shouldn't have a license.

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    People who don't know how to drive shouldn't be on the road. If you can't deal with cyclists, you shouldn't have a license.
    Not all roads are designed to support bike + vehicle traffic. If some granny was impeding traffic by only going 15-25 in a 40, she'd be cited. Bikes never are, though they're creating a similar hazard by forcing every single motherfucker on the road to pass them.

Stop pretending like you're a car 1/2 the time and not the other 1/2 lol. I see so many cyclists who demand to be given a lane to ride in...then ride through redlights and shit because "I AM ABOVE THE LAW".

why? the kid was convicted. "affluenza" defense failed. the psychologist wasn't even the one to call it that: a witness did. him going to rehab is also a weird thing to get mad about: it's not like it was rehab or jail.

entertainment and sensationalism as news.
    http://blakesnow.com/wp-content/uplo...3/10/url-1.gif

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Not all roads are designed to support bike + vehicle traffic.
    This is correct; for example, the interstate. Not legal for me to go on with my bike, so I don't (well, I did once, but by accident, I kinda got lost lol and wound up on i-275 for about half an hour)

As far as not being able to pass, if the road isn't "designed to support bike + vehicle traffic", if you're not confident of your ability to drive any given road, pick a different route.

I've had the city bus, large trucks, and optimus prime trucks pass me going 40-50 mph with no problem. If you can't do it in a Scion, really, go back to driving school or something. It's not the people who fly by me that I worry about. It's the ones that have to go super slow and try to inch around me. Those are the ones I know can't drive worth a fuck.

Stop pretending like you're a car 1/2 the time and not the other 1/2 lol. I see so many cyclists who demand to be given a lane to ride in...then ride through redlights and shit because "I AM ABOVE THE LAW".
    and if thy get hit running said red light, I have no sympathy for them. If they're where they need to be, and someone just sucks at driving and hits them trying to pass, then it's the driver's fault. If the cyclist is acting a dick (I don't care for most other cyclists, because they can't bike worth a shit either, just like most drivers suck at driving; at least in FL), then they probably deserve it. If the driver just plain sucks, then they just plain suck. Nothing more, nothing less.

The people flying by you at 50mph don't give a shit if you end up a smear on their bumper because they are working and probably in a company vehicle. The slow ones don't want to hit or ding you in their private car because they don't want to deal with a huge lawsuit.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    The people flying by you at 50mph don't give a shit if you end up a smear on their bumper because they are working and probably in a company vehicle. The slow ones don't want to hit or ding you in their private car because they don't want to deal with a huge lawsuit.
    Regardless, in my personal experience, they are still the worst types of drivers on the road when it concerns passing me; and edited my last post before you posted again.

and lawsuit? lol 2 of my 3 accidents were hit and runs; there was nobody around to have a lawsuit against lol. (and the third hit me going 2mph pulling out of a parking lot, wasn't worth my time. Got back on the bike and kept going)

This is correct; for example, the interstate. Not legal for me to go on with my bike, so I don't (well, I did once, but by accident, I kinda got lost lol and wound up on i-275 for about half an hour)

As far as not being able to pass, if the road isn't "designed to support bike + vehicle traffic", if you're not confident of your ability to drive any given road, pick a different route.

I've had the city bus, large trucks, and optimus prime trucks pass me going 40-50 mph with no problem. If you can't do it in a Scion, really, go back to driving school or something. It's not the people who fly by me that I worry about. It's the ones that have to go super slow and try to inch around me. Those are the ones I know can't drive worth a fuck.

and if thy get hit running said red light, I have no sympathy for them. If they're where they need to be, and someone just sucks at driving and hits them trying to pass, then it's the driver's fault. If the cyclist is acting a dick (I don't care for most other cyclists, because they can't bike worth a shit either, just like most drivers suck at driving; at least in FL), then they probably deserve it. If the driver just plain sucks, then they just plain suck. Nothing more, nothing less.
    The roads I'm talking about are single lanes, barely wide enough for a car, yet cyclists still cruise on them like they own the fucking place. To pass a cyclist on these roads, you have to veer into the oncoming lane. Get off your high horse and realize that your mere existence can potentially lead to head-on collisions, because people might try to do the courtesy of not creaming you.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Has nothing to do with a high horse. More of a Deal-with-it.png

When I went to my old campus, I biked a 3 mile stretch of single lane (on each side) road. Sorry if you can't go 22-24mph on a 30 mph road for a few seconds for the other side to have an opening to pass. I cruise whatever streets I do to have the most direct, fastest, most efficient route from point A to point B. Nothing more, nothing less.

Not to mention, you're more likely to get hit on the sidewalk than you are on the road. Going much slower and having a larger risk of getting hit? I'll pass.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Ironically most roads in cities were planned and built well before cars came about, and were designed for pedestrians , cyclists, and animal drawn carts. Cars are an after the fact addition

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by Restrat View Post
    Ironically most roads in cities in the first 13 colonies were planned and built well before cars came about, and were designed for pedestrians , cyclists, and animal drawn carts. Cars are an after the fact addition
    ftfy. midwest and west coast were generally designed with cars in mind.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

I have to back CS on this. I live in Japan, there are fucking bikes everywhere. If these squinty-eyed motherfuckers can avoid hitting them while going about their business at 50+ KPH, then you shit driving asshole Americans better let your nuts drop and drive around these people.

Sure, but every fucking person on the road around here has one anyway, and then the cyclists don't need licenses even though they have to obey the same traffic laws.

That means getting in the middle of the lane and keeping up with traffic. Most can't do that and need to get off the road. I see them trying to sneak by on the shoulder in 40mph traffic while all the cars still have to go around them to avoid turning them into a smear. Cyclists on the road are a hazard to everyone.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

even though they have to obey the same traffic laws.

That means getting in the middle of the lane and keeping up with traffic.
    Not exactly. In general, cyclists have to obey the same laws, except where there are specific laws for bicycles, which then overwrites [insert law for car here].

In FL, at least, riding smack dab in the middle of the lane, even if you were going the speed limit(let's say you're in a residential area where the speed limit is 20, easy enough to do), would get you pulled over. For FL at least, it's furthest right hand side of the furthest right lane that is not a turning lane (cause nobody will ever let you back over and you'd be forced to turn); with the exception being the left turn hand lane, which you do get full use of if you're turning left. (Aka you can turn like everyone else instead of having to cross the street north/south, then waiting for another light to do it again east/west)

and not that I care, because I think it's a stupid law;
    lol and to pass a cyclist, they need to pass with at least 3 feet, but NOBODY ever does that shit except for the city bus and SOME optimus prime mofos. Lol I've even had non-siren ambulance trucks/police cars come whizzing past me with only inches of space.

I think that if you need 3ft to effectively pass a cyclist, you probably shouldn't be driving to begin with

It's not about "effectively" passing, it's about safely passing you goddamned stubborn bastard. If you hit a pebble and suddenly swerve when they're passing with only a foot or less, you're fucking dead, and the driver is going to jail for manslaughter or "failure to control his vehicle (and not cream dipshit cyclists)".

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Even so, only 2% of the drivers do it to begin with.

Dipshit for using the road as pertained to the law? Who is on the high horse now? lol Cars don't have exclusive use to the road.

since we're off-topic anyway

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

kek

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast