1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 41 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -1 hours, -42 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 10 hours, 41 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Titan Extreme Mode     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

as DPS I dont even bother to memorize titan rotation, it's purely reaction game for me, never got hit.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    as DPS I dont even bother to memorize titan rotation, it's purely reaction game for me, never got hit.
    This is what I do for the most part as well. But when healers want us to stack on a single spot instead of a line so they can use cure III instead of medica I sometimes end up getting hit by plumes. As a bard I really don't like having to stand still, I want to be moving when I think that it's coming.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ryunokage Argantes
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Khadgar

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    Pretty much this.
    I play from the Netherlands and have no issues moving out of anything unless I derp.

To hell with this fight though.
    I am kinda forced to DF it since my LS is lazy and it's no fun.

You'd think people having to get past Garuda would put a higher skillcap in DF but... yea, no.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Garuda Extreme is an absolute joke fight though. As long as the two tanks know where to stand and the healer isn't terrible it's nothing but a DPS fight. There are no dodge mechanics and nothing to kill a DPS except the occasional move which should deal a max of about 2500 damage. The only job that has it hard is a melee with having to predict Wicked Wheel.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ryunokage Argantes
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Khadgar

Quote Originally Posted by Therin View Post
    Garuda Extreme is an absolute joke fight though. As long as the two tanks know where to stand and the healer isn't terrible it's nothing but a DPS fight. There are no dodge mechanics and nothing to kill a DPS except the occasional move which should deal a max of about 2500 damage. The only job that has it hard is a melee with having to predict Wicked Wheel.
    While that's true, you run in to too many Tanks that can't swap properly or healers who don't dodge anything on Titan aswell.
    Earlier today I was told to swap right after MB, while I prefer to wait till after Landslide. Just to make sure one of us doesn't become the target for landslide putting us both at risk of being knocked off.

Then again, when you think about the amount of people still struggling with Titan HM...

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

damn, thats pro healer right there

If there's one thing I've learned from Titan EX it's that when you have 5100 HP on DRG, you don't need to dodge everything.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    If there's one thing I've learned from Titan EX it's that when you have 5100 HP on DRG, you don't need to dodge everything.
    I sort of want use gryphonskin accessories over ultima/ifrit/garuda just so I can have over 5k hp on bard.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    Earlier today I was told to swap right after MB, while I prefer to wait till after Landslide. Just to make sure one of us doesn't become the target for landslide putting us both at risk of being knocked off.
    Yeah, I preferred to do Voke+queue'd Halone during the landslide when I tried tanking, as I'm waiting in the "pizza slices" safe spots. Soon as cast bar finishes I'm running back in, he doesn't move a step. A lot less unpredictable. Though iirc you should have a tiny space to dodge in the front even if he does aim it straight forward.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ryunokage Argantes
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Khadgar

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Yeah, I preferred to do Voke+queue'd Halone during the landslide when I tried tanking, as I'm waiting in the "pizza slices" safe spots. Soon as cast bar finishes I'm running back in, he doesn't move a step. A lot less unpredictable. Though iirc you should have a tiny space to dodge in the front even if he does aim it straight forward.
    Yeah there is, but why risk it?
    He doesn't do anything significant after landslide which puts the group at risk tbh. So there really isn't any reason not to. Not to mention it'll be a while before the other tanks gets a third stack.

Not asking you personally btw. Just in general, why would anyone risk it, lol.

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

I'm the same way. I wait until after landslide to voke with a que'd savage blade > halone (just in case the other tank wasn't paying attention) or until after plumes depending where I am during the fight.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by CrstyCptSteveWitherspoon View Post
    And fuck dude. People still can't dodge plumes in extreme. Duno why I'm surprised.
    My connection (random freezing for a few seconds) has made it kinda impossible to do Titan, but I noticed I have zero trouble avoiding landslides. Titan's plumes OTOH..not so much.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    I was in a group that did this earlier today. Me and the other tank were the odd men out. If you're perfect at dodging mechanics it might be easier this way. You skip a lot of mechanics due to pure DPS.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

The next step:

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

I was thinking that you could theoretically do it with 1 healer 1 tank, since you have enough time for stacks to reset during the heart phase. If you pop Hallowed Ground before a buster so that you block it completely, does it still give you a stack? If it does, you could use it to reset yourself after 2-3 stacks. Even if it doesn't, it seems like up to 5 stacks is manageable and you can HG the 6th. With 6 dps you might be able to kill it before the 6th buster and be able to HG the 5th even.

BG Level

HG won't stop the stack. At least it didn't earlier when I had it up.

BG Level

Anyone else experiencing an issue where the main tank will loose hate during heart phase? I'm not talking about right at the start either, like 20s in or so, sometimes even more. I've had it happen to me as main tank where the off tank or whm will steal it, or I'll be the off tank during heart and I'll steal hate.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Yep. That typically happens when you swap tank just before he jumps into the heart phase. You cannot generate hate on Titan directly, so if the tank that just swapped uses an ability like Fight or Flight, Foresight, Second Wind, etc. it still generates hate on Titan. Unless the main tank can counter with abilities in the same manner, hate will swap back to the OT.

This happens on the Spiny Plumes in Garuda ex just the same. If main tank tries to take plume first (and it is running toward OT), if the OT uses Foresight/Awareness, etc it will basically render the MT's Provoke useless because OT will pull it right back.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    Yep. That typically happens when you swap tank just before he jumps into the heart phase. You cannot generate hate on Titan directly, so if the tank that just swapped uses an ability like Fight or Flight, Foresight, Second Wind, etc. it still generates hate on Titan. Unless the main tank can counter with abilities in the same manner, hate will swap back to the OT.

This happens on the Spiny Plumes in Garuda ex just the same. If main tank tries to take plume first (and it is running toward OT), if the OT uses Foresight/Awareness, etc it will basically render the MT's Provoke useless because OT will pull it right back.
    That's. Really. Annoying. So basically I should swap sword oath and don't use fight or flight. Spirits within or cos draw hate too?