1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 21 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 12 hours, 56 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Titan Extreme Mode     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The fight was definitely designed with Japanese network infrastructure in mind. It's way too unforgiving for people in the West who are unlucky enough to have shitty ISPs. I think some tweaks need to be made to make it more reasonable in general. Our FC has gotten a number of people through it, but there are some that occasionally lag, and it's just not going to be possible for them. Combined with the fact that Ifrit EX is orders of magnitude easier, I'm wondering exactly what YoshiP was thinking when he designed some of this.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

He was not thinking outside of Japan, like you said. Doubt he'll change that way of thinking any time soon either.

The fight is quite literally impossible for people on slower connections or on mobile 4G with high ping. Ifrit has mechanics that I personally believe to be more difficult than Titan, like the tank swap down to perfection, but it doesn't rely on latency.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

To be fair, you really shouldn't be trying to raid/whatever while tethered to a mobile connection. That's like driving around for a week with a flat tire and then wondering why you need a new rim.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Was expecting the fight to be harder to heal on my SCH, but it isn't that bad assuming everyone is dodging, as was the case with Titan HM. Just annoying having to re-Place my pet after nearly every landslide.
    Our scholar likes to position the pet so that it's eventually off the arena but can still heal, so I he doesn't have to worry about it getting hit with plumes. Or if it's not on purpose whenever it goes off in a nice way he just leaves it there.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Never really had an issue with fairy dying. Just need to use Sustain after plumes. If it's hanging off the edge isn't it out of range to do buffs on the rest of the party?

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Wouldn't think so considering how small the final platform is.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Given I have no clue how scholar works, it's more likely every now and then it ended up in a nice position off the stage instead of him planning it out.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think it's better to keep the fairy with you, she still gets hit by everything else even off the arena and buffs aren't usable. If she's with you she also gets hit by Medica/Succor.

Keeping the Fairy alive is easy, but it's a conscious decision. Keep the fairy with you and make it useful, what is this sending your fairy off the edge shit?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, pet is kinda useless casting from away off the platform. That's more of a SMN thing. So far I usually keep mine parked to the side of Titan so she's out of plume AoEs, but within buff AoE range. Everything else I usually have her eat, or hit heel on momentarily to dodge something simple.

Still takes in every landslide though since I have better things to worry about when that's happening, making me just hit Heel on her until I'm good to Place again.

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Regarding generating enmity on adds as a pld, I usually que a savage, hit the left add, then halone the right, followed by flash spam. Is this the best way to quickly generate hate when they pop? Someone was pulling hate before I even got them to the east side last time.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by CrstyCptSteveWitherspoon View Post
    Regarding generating enmity on adds as a pld, I usually que a savage, hit the left add, then halone the right, followed by flash spam. Is this the best way to quickly generate hate when they pop? Someone was pulling hate before I even got them to the east side last time.
    We just have our offtank come to the south with all of us, then move right->right for the bombs. They don't cleave and won't landslide until after the bombs after all.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Yes I would think so. I do the same on WAR but replace Flash with Overpower once they're both in front of me at 3 o'clock, which is right after Butcher's Block anyway. Dodge landslide, then bomb, spam overpower til one left, kill with regular combo if needed and immediately tank swap.

Halone left add, enmity combo (with or without spirits/scorn) the right add, go back to left, do halone, back to right, do halone. By that point you can do whatever you want, which is usually dodging and not getting landslided. The only time I use flash is on the move, but all things considered you really don't have time to waste with Flash.

With WAR it's slightly easier. Ready maim on Titan, queue up Butcher's Block for left, switch to right and do another Butcher's Block (wrath V), Steel Cyclone (x2 if you want) is usually all I need to do.

I prep Halone on Titan, as soon as Left Add pops I Halone it, run over to Right, Spirits and Flash right away, then spam flash as soon as I know it didn't go anywhere. By time Landslide comes, I have enough hate where I can focus both with Enmity Combos (I'll usually just keep on spamming Flash anyways). I find that without Flash spam at the start, I lose hate on them from the DPS burning One more than the other, it's hard to keep track of those 30 seconds those things are up.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I stand slightly inwards at the 9 oclock position, circle of scorn and flash as soon as that one pops and start running towards the 3 oclock position. Shield Toss and Spirits within that one.

Its less enmity generated but it lets me start moving without a target

Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This fight is such an unforgiving bottleneck its infuriating... Iv been blocked for the 2nd week now! FC Got a decent few people through it and i spent Saturday & Sunday doing runs with some of them and still couldnt get the win. Iv put together countless PF groups with certain standards ! If you do get a good group there is always 1 / 2 that derp at some point and the party wipes! tries for a while then disbands! "WEEKLY FARM GROUPS" with strict requirements cant even get passed it. I literally went 5 hours straight the other night with not one single mistake on my end. Yet perfectly competent players can have a bit of lag or be a bit unlucky and thats it done and you have to start over!

Im now at a point where my only option is to probably pay for a win and sit on my arse and enjoy watching what its like when 7 other people execute the fight to perfection!

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

I've stuck with just savage blade one, halone the other, and some flash spam and did fine. Just seemed in one group someone was pulling hate out of no where right away. The fight is so scripted and easy at this point(until post heart, where's not exactly second nature, but still very easy) that these fail party groups just make zero sense to me. As a tank I basically eat every bomb with some sort of mitigation up(only does 1-1.5k damage) because it keeps titan in the same exact spot every time and I believe it makes it easier dodging landslide and bombs. I've seen way too many tanks move him to dodge the bomb and either landslide themselves or screw up landslide for the rest of the party resulting in someone else getting a landslide or eating a bomb. I actually ran a few yesterday for a friend who needed his weekly clear and he was getting angry tells from people who we had to replace because they were eating bombs/landslide/low dps. Duno how you can bitch someone out when you join a PF that says "Farm party" and you screw up more than three times.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Akirra Krylon
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

So after many many many fail groups that couldn't even consistently get to heart phase, I finally got in a group last night that was getting past heart every single time.

Then we absolutely hit a wall with adds. IDK if the paladin pulling the gaolers was doing something wrong or if we were not standing in the right positions at the right times, but every time they came out and the cardinal direction/corner bombs popped, everyone panics. The gaolers start running all over the place. Bombs kill people. Off tank can't get the gaolers back in position. They end up dying in the middle of the arena and we are down 2-3 members and it's a wipe.

Is this a typical spot for groups to hit a wall at? We literally had everyone in the party dodge every single attack prior to that phase on every attempt, and then wipe right there over and over and over.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

It can be a bumpy transition phase, there's a couple ways I know of to do it.

Make sure Titan is tanked at almost perfect north (12 o'clock). After post-Earthen Fury heals, have everyone other than the current MT (and OT, unless you do alternate approach) gather at south (6 o'clock). When cardinal bombs come, everyone should be on the first bombs to explode. Everyone should dodge left when Landslide comes, wait a sec after for the first bombs to explode, and move back right to end up where you started.

The main difference here comes from what your OT does with adds. Gaoler-Landslide doesn't come until after bombs so it's ok if they hang with everyone else at 6 o'clock while they build hate, since DPS going all-out can rip hate pretty easy here. If you do, when everyone else dodges left for that Landslide, OT dodges right, then right again to end up at east (3 o'clock). The usual approach for me is OT just grabs adds in whatever way you do (discussed the last dozen or so posts) and hangs out at 3 o'clock to begin with.

If people are dying to bombs, they're moving too fast, too slow, or are too close to first bombs while waiting. If you have enough HP you should be able to survive one bomb without dying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast