1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 50 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 8 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 1 hours, 50 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Titan Extreme Mode     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    On this note, mages in general need to realize there is a small window at the end of each spell where you can cast move and it still goes off. Made this video as an example to a friend of healing during turn 5 divebombs, but same logic applies to all spell-users.

Edit: wrong wordage, thanks Slycer
    As sch i cheat there, lustrate ftw

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Taruto Shippuden
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Does FPS matter much when it comes to dodging?
    If I get an FPS drop (see: 5-freefalls +lazors) I find it more likely to get hit by stuff. So yes?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Taruina View Post
    If I get an FPS drop (see: 5-freefalls +lazors) I find it more likely to get hit by stuff. So yes?
    Yeah but my question is more along the lines of how low it can be before it starts causing issues? I always thought 30ish wasn't bad.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Yeah but my question is more along the lines of how low it can be before it starts causing issues? I always thought 30ish wasn't bad.
    honestly there are too many factors that you would just have to test for yourself. Because your ping can also effect how fast you need to dodge so two people with 60 fps can have two very different experiences.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Lower FPS will make you slower ingame; I tested this on my laptop by riding my mount in a straight line, having two of my friends try to run past me. Even with a headstart, they managed to catch up awfully quickly.
    Aside from making Sylph Daily Quests awfully difficult while I was visiting my parents, I also didn't bother doing Titan, as I would almost definitely get hit if I couldn't predict exactly where the Landslides would be.

Mind you, I don't think I had more than 10 FPS at the time, but I cannot give you exact figures as to the point at which lower FPS will severely affect your ability to move out of things.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I can tell you that 30 FPS is fine though. I have mine capped at 30 in the settings because my laptop is older than dirt and having it at 60 causes it to overheat!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I just did a couple of Titan extremes and dodging plumes seemed much easier with the Leatrix fix and higher FPS. I don't know which had the most effect as I haven't tested individually.

What was screwing me tonight is lag spikes. I dodged a landslide on phase 1, moved back to the stack and everything stopped. Next thing I see is me dying to five plumes. Now this is weird, I only saw lag spikes a couple of times before 2.1 and now I've seen them tonight and last night. I thought my connection was fine. The spikes aren't a result of the above changes as I did them after last night's runs. Also had the issue during Coil. So now I'm trying WTFast.

Kinda feel like I'm getting off topic with all the connection talk but this seems to be the hardest part of the fight lol.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serenseven Dertavernen
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Kinda feel like I'm getting off topic with all the connection talk but this seems to be the hardest part of the fight lol.
    To be honest, 99% of the Titan Extreme fight is waged against your own connection and the up to 7 random dumbasses in your party. Once those factors are under control, it's basically an exercise in choreography.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

So which LB do people normally go for on this fight? BLM/SMN LB the second set of adds or single target LB Titan? Obviously depends on the party setup but if you have both options available which is best?

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

One group I go with just LBs each set of jailers with whatever LB we have at the time. The other just LB3s the second set + Titan. Haven't melee LB'd in a while but if your group has no issues with the jailers you may as well get the extra damage.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I run with PF groups so it's different people all the time. I've learned my best groups are ones I set up myself though. Just had a group where we wiped after the second set of adds and a guy said the BLM should have LBed them so it got me thinking. I thought the norm was single target LB on Titan when he's around 5%. I always ensure there's a MNK or LNC in my groups for that reason. I guess I'll start discussing LB before we start in future.

Justin Bieber
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justin Bieber
    FFXIV Server
    Masamune

We have always LB1'd the egis.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shen Anigans
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

We normally LB the adds as they come. I'm the BLM so its always left to me. Have never single target LB'd Titan in any group I've been in. A few groups have held off LB till the second set of adds. The only issue I have had with this method is if I dont start the LB quick enough, the animation lock for LB3 is long enough to get you killed

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

In the Youtube video I referenced when learning the fight they LB3ed Titan, I think that's where my thoughts come from with that. LBing the egis does sound risky due to positioning, when is the best time to initiate it? As soon as you stack on the bomb and hope the tank drags the west egi into it in time?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ondatra Wetticus
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

In the Youtube video I referenced when learning the fight they LB3ed Titan, I think that's where my thoughts come from with that. LBing the egis does sound risky due to positioning, when is the best time to initiate it? As soon as you stack on the bomb and hope the tank drags the west egi into it in time?
    From personal experience, as soon as they pop. LB3 hits the entire arena and the animation will finish before you eat dirt.

Edit: Re-reading things. Guess I should clarify. The groups I've been in save LB for the 2nd set of Egis and I blow them up with LB3, nearly one-shotting them. There's still time to run away from bad things after the animation goes off but it may or may not be the case on the first set. Shouldn't be a problem though with the shorter animation lock of LB1/2 though.

Justin Bieber
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justin Bieber
    FFXIV Server
    Masamune

You don't usually have LB3 during first egis, LB1/LB2 at most, tank should have both of the egis in mid arena real quick, you can LB before bomb drops.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Wetticus View Post
    From personal experience, as soon as they pop. LB3 hits the entire arena and the animation will finish before you eat dirt.

Edit: Re-reading things. Guess I should clarify. The groups I've been in save LB for the 2nd set of Egis and I blow them up with LB3, nearly one-shotting them. There's still time to run away from bad things after the animation goes off but it may or may not be the case on the first set. Shouldn't be a problem though with the shorter animation lock of LB1/2 though.
    Sounds like a good plan. I didn't think the radius was that wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroishime View Post
    You don't usually have LB3 during first egis, LB1/LB2 at most, tank should have both of the egis in mid arena real quick, you can LB before bomb drops.
    Wouldn't mid arena be a terrible idea? You don't really want those heavy puddles in the middle. LB3ing second set makes more sense since you'll have to kill two sets to win, and I'd rather wipe on the first set than the second. But if you've got a solid group/static then LB2ing the first set may work better.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Sounds like a good plan. I didn't think the radius was that wide.

Wouldn't mid arena be a terrible idea? You don't really want those heavy puddles in the middle. LB3ing second set makes more sense since you'll have to kill two sets to win, and I'd rather wipe on the first set than the second. But if you've got a solid group/static then LB2ing the first set may work better.
    By the time the LB1 is through, the adds will be at ~50% each. The tank has more than enough time to move them to the edge and the LB only makes use of the time in which the tank has to position them anyway.

In general, I definitely prefer using an LB1 on each set of adds, as this guarantees that the add-tank will be able to switch with the Titan-tank before the latter gets to three stracks. In general, I'd prefer consistency in both phases over having one phase without adds, though that's just from an add-tank perspective.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Hmm I see your point. It's weird none of the groups I've ever been in have discussed LB use yet it seems to be an important part of the fight which isn't consistent with every group. Definitely bringing it up in mine from now on.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ondatra Wetticus
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroishime View Post
    Yeah, I didn't articulate that point very well in my original post. As long as you know where the tank is going to drag the Egis you can let loose a LB where they should be and you'll still get them. I may incorporate LB1 on both sets into my next run and see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth
    Hmm I see your point. It's weird none of the groups I've ever been in have discussed LB use yet it seems to be an important part of the fight which isn't consistent with every group. Definitely bringing it up in mine from now on.
    I think that's because most party finder groups can't dodge which kinda makes LB usage moot. The fight's DPS requirements honestly don't seem like they're all that strict, you just need 7 other people who don't get murdered by mechanics.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast