BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Warhammer Online = Warhammer OFFline... forever :(

Today was it. Last day of Warhammer Online. Mythic and Games Workshop (owners of the Warhammer IP) couldn't agree to renew the license, and it expired today. As of 3PM PST, Mythic pulled the plug. I was there for the last hour, and recorded the end.

Even though I haven't played the game in the past few years, I was there from the first day the floodgates opened. I've never played a better PVP game, ever. If Mythic wasn't ran by a bunch of flipping morons, it might have been one of the best games out there. But they let balance issues plague the game forever, bugs infest it, and never released an expansion. It's no small wonder they failed to agree to renew the license - they simply wanted the game to disappear because they didn't want to bother with it. I'm sad to see it go, even though I never intended to pick up and play again. There's a big difference between not wanting to play, and not even having the option.

Anyway, enough rambling from me, here's the video:

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

;_;

Best pvp experience ever. So sad they ran this shit into the ground. Will always be my favorite mmo.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

double post

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Bright Wizards, right?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Bright Wizards, right?
    BW was so much fun to piss people off with.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Bright Wizards, right?
    I was an Iron Breaker, but ya I know a lot of people who fucking loved BW to death.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

All I remember from rushing it at launch was how bad Magus was in every part of the game except leveling.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This game was the biggest piece of shit waste of money MMO I ever got suckered in to. I remember having to use an addon called Buff Throttle just to get decent performance, because literally the act of people getting buffs caused lag. The best thing about it was that stupid Road to War viral game/spamfest that I played the shit out of prelaunch for reasons I'm still not sure of. I won something.. but I don't remember what.

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61840246/number1.jpg

Somehow I couldn't even get mad at Paul Barnett for hyping me up. Love that guy. Surprised to hear it took this long to shut down considering it was DOA.

[edit] Holy fuck I forgot FFXIV even existed. I retract the opening statement.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I should have posted about its impending shutdown weeks ago. They'd opened the servers up for free, with pots that zapped you to level 40 and RR100 as a way to say thanks for playing before it was shut down.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Fhqwghads View Post
    I should have posted about its impending shutdown weeks ago. They'd opened the servers up for free, with pots that zapped you to level 40 and RR100 as a way to say thanks for playing before it was shut down.
    Ya you should have. (-.-);___..|.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

this was the first MMO i got excited about after XI/WoW/EVE. I played it for all of 5 minutes before realizing that I knew literally NO ONE ELSE playing it. Never touched it again, because I still never knew anyone who played and never heard anything good about it.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Originator of the Public Quest system we now know from XIV (FATE) but it was ten times better than FATE. Scenario PVP was amazing as well.

Unfortunately the rest of the game was so bad that people stopped playing, so the PQs became impossible and the Scenarios empty. Oh well.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The only MMO where you could level solely through PVP. Was such a good thing to see from the usual quest and grind bullshit. I hope someone else picks up the IP and gives this another shot.

Doubt it since GW will be so cautious of this that it won't happen. Ever.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I played with a group of RL friends for a while at launch and the pvp was the best in any game ive played, the open world RvR was so much fun. One friend took the shut down pretty hard since he would play every now and then just to see how the game was going but he found a pretty promising website about a private server that seems to be in the works.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

It's sad. Best RvR game I ever played.