+ Reply to Thread
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Uganda makes being gay punishable by life in prison

Uganda's parliament has passed a bill to toughen the punishment for homosexual acts to include life imprisonment in some cases.

The anti-homosexuality bill also makes it a crime punishable by a prison sentence not to report gay people.

The prime minister opposed the vote, saying not enough MPs were present.
    The MP behind the bill, David Bahati, told the AFP news agency: "This is victory for Uganda. I am glad the parliament has voted against evil."

"Because we are a God-fearing nation, we value life in a holistic way. It is because of those values that members of parliament passed this bill regardless of what the outside world thinks," he said.

The bill also bans the promotion of homosexuality.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-25463942

When the hell is the UN gonna consider this shit ethnic cleansing or something.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Probably the day after the UN actually has some power. Hint, it's never.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-25463942

It's the polarization that comes from seeing gays getting more rights everywhere else- meaning places who have enough homophobes are going all-out to prevent that from influencing their own people, since before this they could just say "EVERYONE THINKS GAYS R TEH EVILS."

Not going to work. Shit like this is just going to end up making that country ostracized for being a backward pack of outdated morality because they think Satan comes in the backdoor when a guy puts his dick in another guy's anus.

Rachel Maddow follows this issue on her show regularly. There are also some anti-gay/for the family type right wing groups from America who have been going there to speak on this issue, promoting it and trying to influence the passing of anti-gay legislation. Same American groups also doing similar stuff in Russia.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Oh, Africa.

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I have no idea what Uganda is.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's where the gays eat the poopoo iirc

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

My first passport stamp was Uganda#. (*'-'); Walking out at Entebbe airport was so wtf.

on-topic: legislation not surprising. East African nations super homophobic; the unfortunate gays there have to be so underground about it all.

#technically it was Qatar, few hours hotel stay between flights >_>;

What a fantastic idea. Lock up those men who want to have sex with men in a prison. Full of men. With shared bathroom facilities and at least two guys to a room. That'll definitely prevent them from acting on those homosexual urges. Especially if soap is dropped. Problem solved, Uganda; you done good.

There aren't enough faces and there aren't enough palms.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    When "the Gays" are considered to be people.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Stowastiq View Post
    Rachel Maddow follows this issue on her show regularly. There are also some anti-gay/for the family type right wing groups from America who have been going there to speak on this issue, promoting it and trying to influence the passing of anti-gay legislation. Same American groups also doing similar stuff in Russia.
    From what I've been told, Russia's anti-gay hysteria is more driven by nationalism than religious panic. Gay influence is equated with foreign influence and it shows in how politicans talk about the laws they pass there.

And yes Uganda's anti homosexuality bill was definitely spurred on by several evangelical extremists in 2009 and applauded by religious fuckwads from there on out. When the US congress tried to push a congressional condemnation of the law, the FRC sent lobbyists to the House of Representatives, where it died. When obama in 2011 sent out a broad push that gay rights were human rights, largely in response to the alarming rate at which the bill was progressing through the Ugandan government, a stance repeated by Hillary Clinton, then candidates Santorum and Perry denounced the idea that any country should drop economic support for nations that persecuted gays. Required reading on the subject here.

And hey, the logical reaction to demonizing homosexuality in Uganda is happening:

Hidden for very, very NSFW but appropriate content (violence, not sexual):

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zap Brannigan
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

God fearing nation.... I wonder what would be worst for god killing or being gay?

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

clearly not being afraid of god is worse than either.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    God fearing nation.... I wonder what would be worst for god killing or being gay?
    p sure Moses answered that