HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Mock Dubai: do not pass go, do not collect 200$

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/23/world/...ican-sentence/

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (CNN) -- Shezanne Cassim, the American jailed in the United Arab Emirates after posting a video parody, was sentenced Monday to one year in prison and a fine of 10,000 UAE dirhams (approximately $2,700).
    The young American living in the UAE has been imprisoned since April, his family says, for posting what was intended to be a funny video on the Internet.
    He was accused of defaming the UAE's image abroad, according to The National, the country's main English-language newspaper.
    The video in question is a 19-minute short that pokes fun at a clique of Dubai teens who are influenced by hip-hop culture. In the 1990s, the label "Satwa G" was coined for a group of suburban teens who were known to talk tougher than they really were.
    The video depicts a look at a "combat school" in the suburb of Satwa, where these "gangsters" are trained. The training includes how to throw sandals at targets, using clothing accessories as whips, and how to call on the phone for backup.
    Tight-lipped about charges
    'We don't feel that this is justice' A-list comedians fight to #FreeShez American jailed in Abu Dhabi in court
    Cassim's family says the 29-year-old has been charged with endangering national security.
    The charges were not read out in court. UAE officials would only say "Mr. Cassim was charged under the UAE's penal code. Anyone charged with a crime under the laws of the UAE is entitled to the fair trial protections contained in the UAE's constitution."
    Cassim, from Woodbury, Minnesota, moved to Dubai in 2006 after graduating from college to work for PricewaterhouseCoopers.
    He and some friends made and posted the video online in 2012. He was arrested in April.
    He was interrogated and arrested in Dubai before being transferred to a maximum security prison in Abu Dhabi. His family says it was five months before he was notified of the charges against him.
    'It was just for fun'
    In an interview with CNN on December 5, Cassim's brother, Shervon, said Shezanne had made the video for fun.
    "It was just for fun. It was -- he's a big fan of sketch comedies. He's a big fan of 'SNL,' 'Funny or Die,' all those shows, and he and his friends just wanted to make a funny sketch comedy in their spare time," Shervon Cassim said.
    "There was no indication in local law that making a comedy video, making fun of teenagers in the suburbs, was a threat to the UAE's national security."
    Family members said they had spoken to him when he was allowed a phone call out.
    "He tries to put on a brave face," Shervon Cassim said. "He said that he was doing fine, not to worry about him, but I could just sense that he's a little depressed -- my impression is that he's going just a little bit crazy in his cell."

6 people were arrested for this video: a Canadian woman, a British woman, and an American man (presumably the one depicted in the article above), as well as 3 others of unspecified nationality. The reason:
    "Cyber crime" for "poking fun at Dubai culture".

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

At this point you'd have to be pretty shit ass retarded to step foot in Dubai. It's just so easy to get arrested there.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

don't visit dictatorships, dumbasses

and if you do visit keep your shit on the mellowest possible level, dumbasses

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    don't visit dictatorships, dumbasses

and if you do visit keep your shit on the mellowest possible level, dumbasses
    Fucking this. I'm so sick and tired of 1st world motherfuckers going to shit ass countries and then crying when their shit gets wrecked. Get an education, learn where the shitholes are, and avoid them like the plagues they are.

(yes, I know the UAE has gobs and gobs of money, but it's still a shittastic hardline Islamic entity that should go die in a big fucking nuclear fire)

Quote Originally Posted by Blubbartron View Post
    Fucking this. I'm so sick and tired of 1st world motherfuckers going to shit ass countries and then crying when their shit gets wrecked. Get an education, learn where the shitholes are, and avoid them like the plagues they are.

(yes, I know the UAE has gobs and gobs of money, but it's still a shittastic hardline Islamic entity that should go die in a big fucking nuclear fire)
    ^ 1000x times this.

Reminds me of those kids who hiked on the border of Iran or w/e a few years back. Super downs away!!!

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

That's an interesting legal system they got there.