1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 2 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 3 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 6 hours, 2 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Eurlin View Post
    pfft I never voke when I'm ghosted I let the unghosted tank keep him just so my healers can push more buttons instead of heal. Plus you'll probably pull hate before you're unghosted so you might as well repeat the process. Lets your alliance get more DPS on the boss.

There is honestly almost zero reason to use provoke in that raid. OBvious exception is a tank dies.
    From a melee who does a shit ton more damage than the healers: Fuck you.

That fight takes a long time for this reason alone.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

How does that affect you, as a DPS, at all? One tank tanking, other tank tanking, it's all the same thing to you.

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Because the tank that is unghosted runs around helping on adds and this causes Thanatos to run around like a headless chicken (pun intended). Ever tried using heavy thrust on a mob running around?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy-Killer View Post
    Because the tank that is unghosted runs around helping on adds and this causes Thanatos to run around like a headless chicken (pun intended). Ever tried using heavy thrust on a mob running around?
    Wait DRG use heavy trust? :O /sarcasm

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Because the tank that is unghosted runs around helping on adds and this causes Thanatos to run around like a headless chicken
    ^

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Sounds like a problem with the unghosted tank then. If they're gettin' wailed on, they're better off just standing there.

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Or everyone can do their job and not add to the clusterfuck that is Crystal Tower.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Six of one, half a dozen of the other. There is no effective difference between the two strategies if everyone's on the same page. The only problem is that everyone never is.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Or everyone can do their job and not add to the clusterfuck that is Crystal Tower.
    This, so much this. Players that think they know an ever-so-slightly more efficient way to clear a fight doing their own thing without communicating it to the rest of the alliance cause more delays, more problems, more wipes than the mouthbreathers that barely know how to play ever do.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'm the weird tank the tanks KB on the West wall as opposed to the North wall because that's the only wall that giants don't pop at

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eurlin Vindictae
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Titan
    WoW Realm
    Dalvengyr

I Don't see how any of the posted issues are a concern from one tank to another. That tank can run away before I voke and still run around like a chicken with his head chopped off. You can still have the same frustration.

Communication is key, which is why I always tell tanks to never voke. No DPS is going to pull hate off a tank who has picked their target. Not every tank is going to pick up a nemesis either. However to get back to your problem of no tanks picking up a nemesis. Consider this, 1 tank is tanking Thanatos..he becomes unghosted..there are still 3 tanks out in the open who should be doing their job. Next tank is tanking Thanatos..he becomes unghosted whether or not he has hate....there are still 3 tanks running around unmolested by Thanatos. there should be never more than 3 Nemesis out at any time or it's a DPS ISSUE therefore not a tanking problem at all..

Let's say one tank panicks and runs around...who's fault is that? everyone's for not communicating. in the first place. it's really easy to say /a Hey tanks please just keep Thanatos in the center, even if you're unghosted. thank you.

there is nothing wrong with talking before you engage a boss, hell there is a whole 30 seconds where you can run to him and type that. I'd like you to apologize for that fuck you sir!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    I'm the weird tank the tanks KB on the West wall as opposed to the North wall because that's the only wall that giants don't pop at
    You mean the spot everyone uses to place comets, since Iron Giants never spawn there?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

You mean to say that lack of communication is the cause of all the trouble in CT? No shit. The problem is that all it takes is one asshole out of twenty-four to not give a fuck about his keyboard and/or reading the chatlog to screw up whatever fanciness you're planning that goes outside the informal norms of how the playerbase at large has been handling it since it launched. Sure, it's their fault; but you know the chances of it happening are incredibly good, so why bother throwing a wrench into the works because you want the rest of the alliance that is paying attention to marvel at how amazing of a tactician you are?

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    You mean the spot everyone uses to place comets, since Iron Giants never spawn there?
    Wait you have issues with tanks not facing the giants away from the center of the arena when they can get to the giant spawn before it even spawns?

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Eurlin View Post
    I Don't see how any of the posted issues are a concern from one tank to another. That tank can run away before I voke and still run around like a chicken with his head chopped off. You can still have the same frustration.

Communication is key, which is why I always tell tanks to never voke. No DPS is going to pull hate off a tank who has picked their target. Not every tank is going to pick up a nemesis either. However to get back to your problem of no tanks picking up a nemesis. Consider this, 1 tank is tanking Thanatos..he becomes unghosted..there are still 3 tanks out in the open who should be doing their job. Next tank is tanking Thanatos..he becomes unghosted whether or not he has hate....there are still 3 tanks running around unmolested by Thanatos. there should be never more than 3 Nemesis out at any time or it's a DPS ISSUE therefore not a tanking problem at all..

Let's say one tank panicks and runs around...who's fault is that? everyone's for not communicating. in the first place. it's really easy to say /a Hey tanks please just keep Thanatos in the center, even if you're unghosted. thank you.

there is nothing wrong with talking before you engage a boss, hell there is a whole 30 seconds where you can run to him and type that. I'd like you to apologize for that fuck you sir!
    It's pretty simple: You provoke and shield lob the boss once they get unghosted OR if there is overlap, provoke and immediately let off a rage of halone. The lack of damage from their skills will make it pretty easy to relieve them of tanking the Thanatos, after which they should move to tanking a Nemesis. But yes, coordination is key.

Also, I apologize for nothing.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eurlin Vindictae
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Titan
    WoW Realm
    Dalvengyr

It's pretty simple: You provoke and shield lob the boss once they get unghosted OR if there is overlap, provoke and immediately let off a rage of halone. The lack of damage from their skills will make it pretty easy to relieve them of tanking the Thanatos, after which they should move to tanking a Nemesis. But yes, coordination is key.

Also, I apologize for nothing.
    so is my tactic...both are simple, but require almost no effort at all...just mine is a more efficient way to fight. there is still no logical point outside of players just being bad which can't be helped in any sitauation. even people who want to be intentional assholes.

no 4DPS players can make up for the potential 3 extra players who let's say put out 60DPS each (which is extremely low for me) just because the boss stood still(which can still happen in both situations.)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

All of that is just irrelevant masturbation until they add the ability to form alliances ourselves.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDizzle View Post
    Whats a nemesis?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsu Kiyome
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Ran into an odd bug last night in CT and was wondering if anyone else has ever encountered this.

After beating Bone Dragon, we headed towards Atmos. My party was unable to enter the Atmos chamber at all. It was just sealed off. Everyone returned/killed themselves but the doors never would unlock. All 24 people were outside the Atmos chamber.

The only thing we could think of was because my alliance (C) had all Melee DPS. Had to end up abandoning the run.

Vuitton

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutsumiko View Post
    Ran into an odd bug last night in CT and was wondering if anyone else has ever encountered this.

After beating Bone Dragon, we headed towards Atmos. My party was unable to enter the Atmos chamber at all. It was just sealed off. Everyone returned/killed themselves but the doors never would unlock. All 24 people were outside the Atmos chamber.

The only thing we could think of was because my alliance (C) had all Melee DPS. Had to end up abandoning the run.
    I joined an in-progress run on Monday where this happened. The alliance had managed to engage Atomos and apparently wiped (or something, I wasn't there for it), but it became bugged somehow after the fact (or during) and the walls never came back down. There were mobs in each three cells as well, but nobody could get inside or figure out how to reset it. I dropped group and joined another run.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast