+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I haven't played on Nasomi in a few months, but back when I played people were killing Byakko, Faf, KB, etc. If those items are floating around, they may be from when the server was more active.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    and how much did you pay for this experience?
    I should've been paid for this experience. lol

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

You sound pretty upset. Must have been quite a tough experience.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    I haven't played on Nasomi in a few months, but back when I played people were killing Byakko, Faf, KB, etc. If those items are floating around, they may be from when the server was more active.
    Can cosign.
    I wasn't one of those people but I do know that people were killing.

Do you enjoy a server that crashes when you make too big pulls in dynamis?

A server where NM’s spawn conditions are gradually breaking down?

A server where the GM will randomly teleport you away from what you were doing and promptly Home Point you?

A server where the GM may and will kill you, should he grow bored?

A server where there is just way too many bugs for one person to handle?

A server whose custom installer is likely to break your FFXI client?

Then Nasomi is the server for you. The list of features is endless, but why take my word for it?

For daily updates, navigate over at nasomi.com Client Problems and read for yourself!

Go ahead and dive right in!

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If i wanted those things, i'd play on the regular servers
    http://scranton.mylittlefacewhen.com...ba_dum_tis.gif

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Nightplague View Post
    Do you enjoy a server that crashes when you make too big pulls in dynamis?

A server where NM’s spawn conditions are gradually breaking down?

A server where the GM will randomly teleport you away from what you were doing and promptly Home Point you?

A server where the GM may and will kill you, should he grow bored?

A server where there is just way too many bugs for one person to handle?

A server whose custom installer is likely to break your FFXI client?

Then Nasomi is the server for you. The list of features is endless, but why take my word for it?

For daily updates, navigate over at nasomi.com Client Problems and read for yourself!

Go ahead and dive right in!
    Is it popcorn time?

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I don't think the guy checks here anymore, and given some of the responses, he sounds pretty fed up with it in general.

Doesn't sound like this'll last terribly much longer. =( Things keep swapping around and changing, and the already small playerbase is becoming smaller. The few friends I had playing lost interest with the constant lag(which is why I didn't continue)/crashes/NMs resetting/etc. He lost a lot of people when the books were turned off/taken out/whatever.

Just not a job for one person. And the attitude kinda nails the coffin. Especially if any of the above about the GMs is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Nep View Post
    I don't think the guy checks here anymore, and given some of the responses, he sounds pretty fed up with it in general.

Doesn't sound like this'll last terribly much longer. =( Things keep swapping around and changing, and the already small playerbase is becoming smaller. The few friends I had playing lost interest with the constant lag(which is why I didn't continue)/crashes/NMs resetting/etc. He lost a lot of people when the books were turned off/taken out/whatever.

Just not a job for one person. And the attitude kinda nails the coffin. Especially if any of the above about the GMs is true.
    See, this format of criticism is acceptable. L2BG Nightplague.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

The real servers are free right now anyway until the 17th, have some fun on a real game.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nep View Post

The guy wanted to rebuild and improve his server setup in his basement, which I fully admire. During that process, he moved everything to a temporary server, which really was not sufficient and caused unplayable lag for a lot of people, including myself. Fine, I can take some time off if it means improved server function later on. Fast forward a month and a half and things still weren't in working order, so I basically just wrote the server off. Then, about a month ago, I got bored and decided to see if the server had improved. I logged on, and was thrilled to see that the lag was gone. Then I noticed things like not allowing the use of /allmaps anymore, books being gone, etc. That sealed the deal for me, and I logged off within a few minutes.

I loved being able to play at a roughly retail pace, quest and craft for gear, and have both solo and party options available. Now it's just a buggier old retail server without the population required to support that kind of game. It's too bad, really. Before the initial lag troubles, I was really having a great time on the server.

He posted on Facebook a few days ago that he was adding a Vanguard:SOH server soon. I don't know if that's in addition to the FFXI server, or to replace it. Either way, I can't imagine recommending it to anyone anymore.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

We are on the new servers now. Any/all lag is gone. There was no lack of funds to upgrade servers, there was lack of time. Work hit me in a big way right as summer was rolling in, and suddenly i'm working 70+ hours a week. When I got home, I was exhausted.

The temporary server I had in place while I rebuilt the main cluster was not able to handle over 40 or so players without lag. However the servers are up and running now with 80+ and lag free.

Yes, books are gone, along with explorer moogles. The population and regular players is high enough that players can seek out and experience at a 2006 rate utilizing level sync without the need of grinding EP mobs for page xp. The point was to fight harder mobs for more xp, not mow down a million squirrels with a steam roller. And it's working. The old party dynamic's have returned. It's not perfect, but it's getting there.

The NasomiBoat has arrived, which allows easier access between the three starting cities. It features a couple vendors, moogle, fishing, and will feature the crafting item npc once it's finished.

A great amount of bugs and quests were fixed with the release, there became a point where I had to version lock and wasn't able to fix the temp server, but fixes went live when the new servers went live.

The duration on the temp server was undoubtably longer than I had anticipated due to personal issues with work, but the time is past and it's time to start building up the population again. I appreciate everyone's patience through the transition period who stayed. Those that didn't, we're sorry to see you go. This game is what it is because of the community. Should you decide to give it a chance again, we would welcome you back.

Is there mass murder? Occasionally. With players who i know and have spent a great deal of time with, who are friends. They are also the people who do the real testing, and bend over backwards to find bugs and document them. They're playing for the sake of playing, to have fun. Just because a third party witnesses an execution, they don't know what's actually going on, and certainly don't know me very well if htey think i randomly murder people out of spite. Except that one galka that one time, but i reimbursed him his xp.

The reasoning for the temp servers taking so long was that I had to finish my basement around the new servers. The old servers running this game produced so much heat that it would be 85-90F in my basement when it was -10F outside and 62F in the first floor of my house. In the summer, it would be 100-110F with fans in two windows circulating air. I built a dedicated server closet, with it's own 20a circuit breaker, exhaust vented outside, and cooling.

From the ground up, I bought all new hardware. This is what it looks like: http://imgur.com/a/h72Il

Yes, I'll be deploying a vanguad server. Is it replacing FFXI? Of course not. It's called expanding, to become Nasomi Community Services. There will be several different game servers and other services as time permits. It's called evolution. This is not a fly by night program, we're not going anywhere.

Also, please be sure to check out our custom high resolution wallpapers! http://imgur.com/a/AXflH

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Will this work on mac?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I have two players on macbooks, they asked various questions on how to get it running. I believe they are using bootcamp and booting windows though.

I get an error trying to install xi 0x80010108 which hinders me from completing step 7 since ffxi doesnt show up in the drop down menu, did I mess up with something before?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

If you have the latest distro, you either forgot to copy the files from the update folder to the ffxi install folder, or you copied them to the wrong folder.

If you have a previous distro, replace update folder with update zip in the above statement.

If you get stuck, there's a chat at nasomi.net where you can help.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Wanted to provide a little update. This is not the same server that was in the start of the thread. With over 200 players, we're starting to look like the real thing.

After a very long day at getting things ready, we officially went live with multiple region servers. The regional servers serve to isolate crashes and improve up-time and stability. There will be a couple crashes here and there while we get the bugs sorted out, and some things may not work perfectly. However before long we should be back to normal, with increased reliability.

At this point there are 5 servers. Lobby, which also hosts misc unused zones and search, Cities, Outside, Dungeon, and Endgame. Any of these servers can crash, or be restarted without having any effect on the others. This way, players can run dynamis or missions and crash the Endgame server without bothering people in towns or regular xp areas.

Things have come a long way, but we're not done. Outside and Dungeon servers will be split into a Low and High version of each, which will contain areas that are typically 1-40, then 41-75. This is to further reduce the effects when a crash occurs. The mog house or residential areas are being moved to the Misc server which houses unused zones, as there seems to be a bug with some of them, and it's crashing the Cities server.

I appreciate everyone's patience while we work through this. It's been difficult and there have been hiccup's, but every error and crash is a chance to improve stability. I do not have an auto-restarter in place right now because it's important to me to capture every crash and try to prevent it from happening again. The ultimate goal is no crashes, and hopefully we'll get there some day.

So enjoy your time, and if you run into an issue be sure to let me know!

~nasomi

Password recovery always takes forever. x_x Or doesn't work, got everything resolved. Thanks Nasomi!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Please Help!!! I have 2 characters stuck beneath/outside the maps. 1 in East Ronfaure and 1 in West Sarutabaruta.

Best you request assistance via in-game for that. Or through the browser live chat. >> http://www.nasomi.net/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast