BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'll give it a try if you have some left

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I assume Hunt is the only game mode atm? And hopefully not the only. Didn't really feel fun to me, just ran for over half the match shot some then ran and ran and ran. Eventually killed the monster but it seemed a bit unfair when he was trapped in a force field.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Monsters feel extremely week.

Its far to easy for the hunters to follow you

if your doing it right your almost permanently in sneak mode and using sniff every time you can, and as soon as you reach stage 2 with armour your reasonably resilient as the monster. i have to agree that hunt seems like a boring match type i'll wait until the beta and other match types to see wether or not if i will buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayos View Post
    I'll give it a try if you have some left
    PM Sent.

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    Monsters feel extremely week.

Its far to easy for the hunters to follow you
    Don't forget you can use charge and leap smash as mobility outside of combat. great for putting initial distance at the start or when you need to get away to evolve. Can't overlook stealth either.

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

I've been watching a stream of this all weekend. The fun/challenge of this game changes drastically with the experience of both parties. Early on, either the monster gets obliterated shortly after the spawn, or the party does once the monster hits lvl 2. Those matchups are sub 10min (often 5min) games and don't seem to be exciting at all.

Now yesterday, the streamer (Cohh) was lvl 20+ and grouped with some other streamers at similar level. They planned different strategies involving the layout of the map. Like lurking the lvl 3 monster into a close range area, so the Medic could use sniper rifle for the additional damage boost instead of the usually used tranquilizer gun. The harpoon traps from the Trapper was enough to keep it at point. On the other hand there was one clever Goliath. At lvl 1 he laid footprints going into opposite directions around a larger rock, forced them to waste time and wait to see which expire first. Throughout the entire match he scared birds only 3-4 times and won by fighting them nearby the croc, which killed two of them alone.

So yeah, besides playing I suggest you watch some higher level (team) streamers to see what this game can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Aevis View Post
    On the other hand there was one clever Goliath. At lvl 1 he laid footprints going into opposite directions around a larger rock, forced them to waste time and wait to see which expire first. Throughout the entire match he scared birds only 3-4 times and won by fighting them nearby the croc, which killed two of them alone.
    Playing as the monster is my favorite by far, and I've had a match or two where the only birds I stirred up are the carrion birds from feeding that stealth can't stop. It feels good to win a close match with the hunters on your heels the entire game, but for some reason there's nothing more satisfying than to watch the post game map replay and seeing your successful jukes lead the hunters in the completely opposite direction while you run off to feed at will.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah game is really fun.

All my stealth game expertise carries over nicely to playing the monster. One game the hunters never even saw me until I was Stage 3 and then I just wrecked their faces. Just had a close game where the hunters almost killed me because of that stupid fucking dog that kept reviving them, and I even had a wave of respawns but I managed to get them all.

I was worried this game would suffer from the same things that playing as the Tank in Versus mode in L4D had, but it seems they've given the monster the tools to deal with the hunters and vice versa.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle Rock Studios' Creative Director Phil Robb
    First thing we said was we can't break the community up, so all of our maps will be free. We never want anyone to get booted off of a server because they haven't bought something. We'll have characters and monsters, and even if you don't buy them, if your buddy wants to buy the DLC, that's cool, and your game will be enhanced through his purchase. So, you won't be able to play as those characters, but you will certainly be able to play with those characters.
    good

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

New Monster Trailer went up early and has since been made private, my bad. called the Wraith.

here's a small hint of it tho http://giant.gfycat.com/FortunateTidyDragonfly.mp4

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

i knew the third would be stealthy/rogueish. the first two were so obviously the Melee and Mage archetypes

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://gematsu.com/2014/12/evolve-th...-beta-detailed
    The open beta will be exclusive to Xbox One and will run from January 15 at 6 a.m. EST to January 19. New hunter and monster characters unlocked in the open beta will carry ver to the final retail version. And on January 17, the beta will ad access to “Evacuation,” the game’s campaign combining the full array of maps and modes into what 2K calls “a unique and highly replayable experience.”
    Every character, map, and mode in Evolve can be played offline as a solo player competing against computer-controlled enemies.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.polygon.com/2015/1/9/7520...eta-characters
    2K said that Wraith will be playable in the beta for Xbox One owners who pre-purchase Evolve from the Xbox Games Store before or during the open beta. Those individuals will get "exclusive instant access" to Wraith and the third tier of hunters (Parnell, Abe, Caira and Cabot). That applies for the duration of the Xbox One beta, which runs Jan. 15-19, and for the final game.

Many Polygon staffers have played Evolve in its various alpha and beta forms, and we estimate that unlocking the third tier of characters could take 10-15 hours or more. That means that people who pre-order Evolve on Xbox One are saving themselves a whole lot of grinding through the first and second tiers of characters.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Why is grinding a part of all FPS games now? COD ruined online multi player I swear to god

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Coming this spring as part of the pre-order “Monster Expansion Pack” bonus, the Behemoth is Evolve‘s fourth playable monster. It’s as big as its name implies, and it has the ability to become a destructive boulder than can roll through the environment. Read up more about the monster here.

The “Hunting Season Pass” will retail for $24.99 and include four new playable hunters due out this spring, as well as three exclusive monster skins available at launch.

All future maps will be available free to all players.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/01/evolve-se...ZEMjprDvwlh.99

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

and there's the tank

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The upcoming test is xbone only right? Game looks pretty interesting, but I'm not sure it is 'big' enough for me to justify preordering at full price. Maybe a few months after release I suppose.

The beta is available in the Xbox store if you havnt seen it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast