+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Matchmaking and servers seem more stable this time around. Looking to get a few more wins in as a monster really want to find out how the kraken plays. Really annoyed when playing as support though. Cant ever find a medic who is capable enough.

Ended up hitting rank 14 on the Goliath leader board for a while last night which was enjoyable. Wish they'd extend the test like they did the alpha, but may be better to not crack out on it too much before release.

Had my first draw last night. Killed the Goliath with a mine just as he landed the last blow on me. Everyone had a hearty chuckle.

Ended up taking the plunge for the the Monster Race bundle. As disgusting as I feel with all the DLC, it felt a lot more justifiable through Green Man Gaming with their 23% off code. SAVE23-PEROFF-MOSANT as the coupon code for anyone not aware.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

while I don't like Jim Sterling, he's spot-on in this instance.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

yeah, there's too many different bundles, and while I think the maps and modes being free is fantastic, the price for characters is steep. I think $5 each for hunters, or $15 for all 4 would be more reasonable. maybe 7.50 for a Monster. I wonder how much of it is publisher demands, and if they had to compromise on the steep prices and bundles in order to give away maps, idk. I enjoy the game a lot, and I may pick up a character or two in the future if feedback is good/they look fun, but I certainly don't blame anyone who has lost interest because of the aggressive DLC pushing.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.destructoid.com/evolve-di...--284514.phtml
    Any of the monsters or hunters we put out are going to be paid DLC, but the nice thing about that, and this is something we pushed for really hard, even if you don't buy it you can play against it. So it's still not splitting the community. And not only is it not splitting the community, but it's enriching your game experience even if you're not interested.

Robb seems like his heart is in the right place, but just as that 2K representative lurked at the back of the room, a massive corporation with stock and investors looms over the whole operation.
    Evolve was salvaged from THQ's wreckage, purchased by Take-Two Interactive for $10.8 million. They want a return on that investment. As always, consumers will be the ones footing the bill.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So here's the thing, if the game is fun I don't have a problem paying money for DLC characters/monsters.

For example: I bought a Payday 2 4-pack bundle 2 steam sales ago, my friends and I have dumped 300+ hours into it each (Total I think we've put like 1100+ hours into it, was the best $15 I've ever spent). I've put another like $30 into the game for DLC because we get that much more mileage out of that game, and we look forward to each new DLC announcement because we fucking love the game and want to play the new missions/characters.

If Evolve is the same way, I don't have a problem with it. Although I agree that these games with numerous pre-order packages need to stop, and I'm of the firm belief that DLC should never be announced BEFORE the game is released. Make a complete product, add on to it later. Obviously say that you have plans to support the game past launch with updates and DLC, but jesus fuck this shit of building a game around DLC has to stop. Nobody fucking likes that. A lot of people are ambivalent sure, I'd even go so far to say the majority will be, but a very large portion of gamers hate that shit.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

^pretty much this. also, while I think the price is steep I do appreciate that the new Hunters will be available individually, rather than buying 3 I don't want for 1 I do. I can wait and hear how they play/if they're fun, and buy accordingly.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

ugh, I love the game, but they just keep digging the DLC hole deeper and deeper. Day 1 skins for sale. Weapon camos for the hunters (don't think they have character skins) and skins for the monsters. 4.99 for camos for 1 class, 6.99 for a skin that applies to each of the 3 monsters. total to buy all the day 1 skin bundles is by my estimation 60ish bucks. jesus christ.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Does the standard pre order still include the behemoth when it comes out? It's not noted on the evolve steam page anymore, only for the deluxe edition and up.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

All preorders get the skin, any ps4 peeps up for this tonight? Didn't bother with the 2nd beta after that shit they pulled on the first so looking forward to actually playing this

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    ugh, I love the game, but they just keep digging the DLC hole deeper and deeper. Day 1 skins for sale. Weapon camos for the hunters (don't think they have character skins) and skins for the monsters. 4.99 for camos for 1 class, 6.99 for a skin that applies to each of the 3 monsters. total to buy all the day 1 skin bundles is by my estimation 60ish bucks. jesus christ.
    Even the pre-order is fucked up: if you preorder, you get access to all character classes unlocked from the get-go. If you don't pre-order, you have to grind them out in-game through accomplishing the tasks and such.

That's just... ugh. This is getting stupid.

Not touching this with a 10-foot pole. The sound idea has been completely hijacked by the suits.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

$60 worth of day one DLC

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Not touching this with a 10-foot pole. The sound idea has been completely hijacked by the suits.
    Yup

$3 for skins, to say nothing of when they start releasing new hunters or monsters.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Friend was trying to convince me to buy it. Fuck that noise. I'll wait til it goes on the inevitable Steam sale.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I can't quote all of the specifics, but I'm absolutely incensed by their preorder "bonus". If you preorder, the hunter characters have all of their job classes/levels unlocked from the start. If you don't preorder, you have to complete in-game specifics to unlock them one by one.

Really? As if this game wasn't sliced up enough? I'm fine with shit like that being in League... because I paid $0 to play it. This shit comes in at full price.

I know its old hat these days, but things that were in game genie back in the day are now sold as pre-order options and $3-$15 DLC add-ons. Pathetic.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Looks like a Riot/LoL mentality with characters/skins but for a shooter.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by theshun View Post
    Looks like a Riot/LoL mentality on steroids with characters/skins but for a shooter.
    ftfy. at least, as mentioned, LoL is free.

I'm probably going to get this for xbone when I get one just so i can play with my friends, but i'll be damned if i contribute at all to their cash shop

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I can't quote all of the specifics, but I'm absolutely incensed by their preorder "bonus". If you preorder, the hunter characters have all of their job classes/levels unlocked from the start. If you don't preorder, you have to complete in-game specifics to unlock them one by one.

Really? As if this game wasn't sliced up enough? I'm fine with shit like that being in League... because I paid $0 to play it. This shit comes in at full price.

I know its old hat these days, but things that were in game genie back in the day are now sold as pre-order options and $3-$15 DLC add-ons. Pathetic.
    I thought the preorder bonus of having the 3rd tier of hunters unlocked from the start was exclusive to xbone. And even then none of their skills are levelled up. I pre-ordered on PC and have had to unlock everything the normal way. Played about 6-7 hours total and have unlocked the second tier of hunters and kraken so it doesn't take long.

I don't really have a problem with skins as DLC content. Probably a bit expensive though for what you get. From what I've seen, other games offer skins for individual entities for no more than £/$1; 3 is a bit steep just for goliath. I personally don't spend money on skins and stuff though.

What I do have a problem with is the price of hunters and monsters as DLC. I understand that the cost is to offset the man hours put into creating them, but £15 for 1 monster? Pfft. I agree that the current trend of adding DLC to pretty much any game made is getting tiresome, especially when half of it should be in the game to start with.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by AzazaelFenrir View Post
    The game looks good, but that cover of Mother was amazing.
    winner

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast