+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by In Flames View Post
    I thought the preorder bonus of having the 3rd tier of hunters unlocked from the start was exclusive to xbone. And even then none of their skills are levelled up. I pre-ordered on PC and have had to unlock everything the normal way. Played about 6-7 hours total and have unlocked the second tier of hunters and kraken so it doesn't take long.

I don't really have a problem with skins as DLC content. Probably a bit expensive though for what you get. From what I've seen, other games offer skins for individual entities for no more than £/$1; 3 is a bit steep just for goliath. I personally don't spend money on skins and stuff though.

What I do have a problem with is the price of hunters and monsters as DLC. I understand that the cost is to offset the man hours put into creating them, but £15 for 1 monster? Pfft. I agree that the current trend of adding DLC to pretty much any game made is getting tiresome, especially when half of it should be in the game to start with.
    all the DLC is vastly overpriced, and while the free maps and modes in exchange is a good start, if purely cosmetic DLC is gonna run 5-7 bucks each, they can afford to sell the actual content for less. or hell, go balls to the wall with skins and embrace that approach, and make ALL content free. as it is I think 2k is just trying way too aggressively to recoup dev costs, and their initial purchase from when THQ went under.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

wait what? You were supposed to get all hunters unlocked with the preorder bonus for PC?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by In Flames View Post
    I understand that the cost is to offset the man hours put into creating them.
    Then release an official expansion pack or make a new game. The cost is nothing more than an "lets see how much people will let us fleece them for" experiment, and one that'll work because it always works.

Edit: And to whoever made the LoL comment, yeah, sure, but again, League is FREE to play. This is not. To charge a full price and then start nickel and diming immediately is hilarious in that it actually works in this era.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Then release an official expansion pack or make a new game. The cost is nothing more than an "lets see how much people will let us fleece them for" experiment, and one that'll work because it always works.

Edit: And to whoever made the LoL comment, yeah, sure, but again, League is FREE to play. This is not. To charge a full price and then start nickel and diming immediately is hilarious in that it actually works in this era.
    I don't disagree, and it seems like DLC has taken the place of full-blown expansion packs in recent times.

I have yet to see anyone sporting the DLC skins for monsters yet. I wonder how popular they are.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I'm looking forward to the Angry Joe review! (And yeah this overload of dlc is the bullshit)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I know LoL is free, but they do sell (or did) the starter packages that came with characters and skins (there is $5, was $25 and $35 and maybe even a $50-$60 digital/retail). I was thinking more along that line.

Edit: Not sure if this was mentioned, but I think $136 total DLC to buy day one.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

LoL presents the opportunity to not have to pay for the content. Work long/hard enough and you'll be able to access stuff without having to dump mucho dinero on it.

Here there's no option and the only method of unlocking is money.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm actually enjoying this game (outside of multiplayer) tho while inside I'm getting healers who die to wildlife trappers that wont trap assaults who try to snipe and supports afking while everyone dies then tries to man mode a wrath for 3 seconds, won one game last night out of ten, the people playing the monsters are doing a good job just the handicap of 1 v 1ing is to real (I'm the only person I've seen so far track a monster before hitting stage 2 and actually trapping people inside the dome) oh well all in all the games pretty fun

I will agree that weapon & monster skins are a load of shit, honestly i wouldn't buy them anyway but the pricing on them just drives home the point that no one will really pay for that junk. but if they are sticking to their guns about not wanting you to have to pay for maps and modes how else are they to recoup money from the title? its not as if the skins give you any bonus for using them.

playing Evac Coop i've noticed that the CPU loves to use the kraken way too often, and can stage up really quickly. the real downside is that no matter what your getting hit by that lightning strike because the tracking on it's insane, this is where you really need hank to shine.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Odin'sLaw View Post
    I'm actually enjoying this game (outside of multiplayer) tho while inside I'm getting healers who die to wildlife trappers that wont trap assaults who try to snipe and supports afking while everyone dies then tries to man mode a wrath for 3 seconds, won one game last night out of ten, the people playing the monsters are doing a good job just the handicap of 1 v 1ing is to real (I'm the only person I've seen so far track a monster before hitting stage 2 and actually trapping people inside the dome) oh well all in all the games pretty fun

You just need to play with friends. My ragtag group of 3-4 win most games unless the monster is amazing.

Also, Maggie sucks. As does Val, honestly. Abe and Lazarus are the best in those two classes. You're invincible with a good Lazarus since he can resurrect you to full even if you die. So just wait until monster is done beating the person up, then sneak up and resurrect.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    You just need to play with friends. My ragtag group of 3-4 win most games unless the monster is amazing.

Also, Maggie sucks. As does Val, honestly. Abe and Lazarus are the best in those two classes. You're invincible with a good Lazarus since he can resurrect you to full even if you die. So just wait until monster is done beating the person up, then sneak up and resurrect.
    sadly having to play with randoms is evil, i had to discribe it earlier as "everyone wants to be the hero instead of playing there part"

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

im not gonna lie, i've had fun playing it. some day i'd like to join a group with a trapper that actually traps, but yeah. and Lazarus is the worst-designed healer i have ever seen in anything, holy shit.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

nah, Laz is amazing, when played correctly. had a final fight with a stage 3 wraith and wrecked his shit because i kept reviving dudes in stealth to full health then spamming wraith with weak points.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

laz can eat dicks.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Caira is still my fave medic, but when Laz is working right he's really fun.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Laz > all other healers

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

so is anyone playing this on ps4?

Tio Derp
    DHC Glitch of the House of Weave

BG Level

I truly cannot wait until the Wraith gets nerfed. Holy shit talk about OP.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://evolvegame.com/news/two-new-f...g-to-evolve-uk
    Grab your gear and get back to Shear. Last week, you saw the upcoming Observer Mode update coming soon to Evolve. This week, we’re talking about two brand new, free maps headed your way.

The Broken Hill Mine and Broken Hill Foundry maps introduce two totally unique environments: Mining caves below the planet’s surface and a fully industrial setting that has you sprinting down factory corridors.

You can play these maps in Hunt, Nest, and Rescue game modes – through Skirmish, a Custom match or an Evacuation campaign. Better yet, each new map includes some pretty sweet, new Evacuation campaign effects, which we’ll get to in a second.

NEW MAP 1: BROKEN HILL MINE

The first and largest bohrium mine on Shear, Broken Hill Mine produced the billions of tons of raw materials necessary to build the rest of the colony. Until the Monsters showed up.

Broken Hill Mine is a deep labyrinth of caves running below the surface of Shear. The cave system divides into three visually distinct areas: One area is a rock quarry, a venom hound nest is set in another, and the last zone has a massive conveyor belt running through it. These surround a central drill chamber. Hidden, destructible entryways allow the Monster to shortcut through the map – or to fake out the Hunters and lead them down the wrong path. The mine’s tight confines reduce running and encourages a lot of stealth and close-quarters firefights. One cool thing to look for: Look up and you’ll see the crane for the Broken Hill Foundry (the second new map) above.

Broken Hill Mine Evacuation Campaign Effects:

Hunter Win: Mining Drones get repurposed as Shield Drones for the Hunter team in the next match.

Monster Win: Destroying the mining drill makes the environment tectonically unstable. The resulting earthquakes will flush out birds from the surrounding areas, deceiving the Hunters as to where the Monster is really located.

NEW MAP 2: BROKEN HILL FOUNDRY

Along with iron, nickel, copper, and aluminum, the Foundry smelts the tons of ultrastable bohrium produced by the mine. There are several foundries dotted across the colony, and Broken Hill’s is the largest.

Broken Hill Foundry gets you out of the wilds of Shear and into an industrial complex. It’s an overlapping mix of open areas, corridors and low ceilings create new tactical options for both Monster and Hunter players. In the warehouse alone, there are three levels to stalk prey. Another area takes you through the streets – and to the rooftops – of Slagtown where a Monster can be lurking around every corner. Crates of bohrium, found throughout the facility, can be eaten as food for the Monster. Though the crates are easy meals, they don’t have a pop top. Breaking them open makes considerable noise and give away the Monster’s location.

Broken Hill Foundry Evacuation Campaign Effects:

Hunter Win: Energy-dense bohrium is used to supercharge the Hunter’s jetpacks.

Monster Win: Destroying the foundry engulfs the Monster in bohrium gas, making its melee attacks even more powerful.

The Broken Hill Mine and Broken Hill Foundry maps will be available for free, and are coming first to Xbox One on March 31st, followed by PC and PlayStation 4 on April 30th.

Keep your eyes peeled for this week’s Evolve Live streams as we’re giving you ringside seats to Observer Mode and taking you for a stroll through Broken Hill. See more on the maps today – Thursday – at 4pm PDT.

This Friday, at 3pm PDT, we’re going to dive further into those maps and Observer mode at twitch.tv/EvolveGame.