Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kicoe Vashai
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Reviews seem to be alright? Reviews aren't a buy/not-buy reason for me anyway. Can't wait.
    Spoiler: show
    Joystiq - 4/5
    Game Informer - 7.75
    Kotaku - Yes
    The Escapist - 4.5/5
    CVG - 8/10
    Polgyon - 6.5/10
    PC Gamer - 93/100
    Videogamer - 9/10
    Gamespot - 6/10
    Eurogamer - 8/10
    Destructoid - 8.5/10
    TheSixthAxis - 9/10
    The Guardian - 5/5
    IGN - 5.9/10
    Trusted Reviews - 9/10
    Xbox Achievements - 90%
    Metro - 7/10
    Games Radar - 4.5/5
    Total Xbox - 9/10
    Shack News - 8/10
    rockpapershotgun - Positive
    The Verge - Positive
    arstechnica - Positive
    thesixthaxis - 9/10
    Gametrailers - 7.4/10
    godisageek - 9/10
    Digitalspy - 4/5
    Gamezone - 7/10
    Venturebeat - 83/100
    Huffington Post - 5/5
    Play - 90%
    Gamefront - 92/100
    Empire - 5/5

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

tons moreabove average to high reviews there than low ones. IGN and Gamespot probably giving low scores 'cause they didn't get paid.

The gamespot review was definitely making sound arguments. One of the few reviewers that I will actually watch their videos all the way through. The lame androids and uninspired puzzle solving elements are valid complaints, as these are things that always plague FPS single-player games. Too bad they didn't incorporate more of the Alien or throw-in some face-huggers. Let's hope they make a sequel that will bring some GOTY-type action.

It's an interesting take but it doesn't go far enough in any direction to truly be interesting. If you really like the Aliens lore you'll like this but you seriously have to play the game and figure out if it suits you.

If you aren't that big on Aliens I'd skip altogether.

Bought it today! Gonna see how it goes. I do wish there were some things they didn't do like the guns. If they apparently don't kill it, then why put them in?!

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

amd silver bundle does not have Isolation so no go for me. If reviews of this game are stellar, then I have something to look forward to. If not, then it will go cheap quick. Either way, win!

Quote Originally Posted by Weederr33 View Post
    Bought it today! Gonna see how it goes. I do wish there were some things they didn't do like the guns. If they apparently don't kill it, then why put them in?!
    Guns kill humans and synthetics.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Guns kill humans and synthetics.
    Be pro and don't use guns entire game!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

On the third chapter (mission?) as of last night. Enjoying it so far, it's got some good tension, although I think that will be ramped up shortly. Haven't gotten to the meat of the game yet.

I'm a little frustrated that there doesn't appear to be a way to take something out of your hand, and just walk around hands-free. After I accidentally lit a flare for the third time, this really started to piss me off.

I'm a little frustrated that there doesn't appear to be a way to take something out of your hand, and just walk around hands-free. After I accidentally lit a flare for the third time, this really started to piss me off.

Agreed

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm about 1/2 to 2/3 the way through the game now, and really enjoying it. It's got a different feel to it than other stealth games. The alien behaves like an actual creature (no set pattern), and learns from its own mistakes. It just feels more organic and real than the "Guard saw me, jump into a closet, he forgets I ever existed after 5 seconds." It just feels different than a typical video game, and I can't entirely put my finger on why.

If you're a fan of the first film, it's about as faithful a recreation as I can imagine. Very atmospheric, lots of tense moments, and it still gives you a sense of challenge.

One thing that I hated at first but have actually come to appreciate are the manual save points. Unlike most games, it doesn't auto-save after reaching new levels or rooms, there's just time consuming save points that aren't super close together. And during the five or so seconds that you're activating the save point, the alien can get you.

While that can be frustrating, if you're 20 minutes into a level without a save point, you have a definite reason to not die. That's a key part of how they've managed to create the tension that you might actually experience. It's also definitely a victory when you reach one, it feels like a definite accomplishment.

I hear the game is longer than it is fun, I guess I could see that if I have another 8-10 hours to go, but so far, it's highly recommended. I'm a little sad more people on here aren't talking about it.

I'd say about about 3/4 of the way done, and it is really good. I like all of the little throwbacks to the original movie. After dealing with the Alien for a bit, the androids are a bit of a relief since you can kill them or easily hide from them. Actually I do find them funny. It's also fun to lure the Alien into killing someone else so you can loot them. I really hope they make a sequel because this game is tense. Of course I don't want them to ruin it either with an Aliens-type styling. Don't go all Dead Space on me!

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

I need to pick this up next week @_@

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I have an AMD gold package coming. Really debating on activating this instead of selling.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

All the reviews I've read said it starts off great but then starts dragging on towards the end. I love Aliens but I wouldn't drop the coin on this until it comes down in price tbh.

Ok I just beat it. I will agreed there is a portion where it does drag a bit, but the suspense does come back towards the end. I really like this game, not just for the nostalgia but also because it was genuinely a good Alien game for once. I couldn't say that for Colonial Marines or even the recent AVP game.

Did anyone play the first AVP game on PC? I loved playing pred/alien. But I couldn't fucking get past the 2nd level on Marines. Shit was fucking crazy scary playing as humans.

BG's Official Canucks Fan
    BG Level

Game is on for $29.99 on PSN (25 if you on plus). Really digging the game so far.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

December 5th
    Feral Interactive today announced that Alien: Isolation, the AAA survival horror game, will be released on the Nintendo Switch system on 5 December 2019. Originally developed by Creative Assembly and published by Sega, Alien: Isolation won multiple awards and was critically acclaimed for its tense, atmospheric gameplay and fidelity to the production values of director Ridley Scott’s 1979 film, Alien.

In an original story set fifteen years after the events of the film, players take on the role of Ellen Ripley’s daughter Amanda, who seeks to discover the truth behind her mother’s disappearance. Marooned aboard the remote space station Sevastopol with a few desperate survivors, players must stay out of sight, and use their wits to survive as they are stalked by an ever-present, unstoppable Alien.

Alien: Isolation on Nintendo Switch will feature support for gyroscopic aiming and HD rumble to immerse players in its terrifying world wherever they play. It will also include all DLC ever released for the game.

The game will be released via the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, in all territories that the store currently supports. It is available to pre-order now for £29.99 / $34.99 / €34.99 / ¥4400.